Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

2186 posts
Green
Hob Nob Legend

Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

by Green » 16 Jul 2021 14:33

Here we go then, the countdown begins in earnest.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

by Sutekh » 16 Jul 2021 14:49

Going to be a challenge but personally I shall try and boycott the entire event and any products used to sponsor it - anyone else think they might be able to “lose” interest in it?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2021 15:01

Sutekh Going to be a challenge but personally I shall try and boycott the entire event and any products used to sponsor it - anyone else think they might be able to “lose” interest in it?

Planning on not watching a minute. Which should be pretty easy with any of the ITV games at least

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2021 15:02

Sutekh Going to be a challenge but personally I shall try and boycott the entire event and any products used to sponsor it - anyone else think they might be able to “lose” interest in it?

Not a chance here. Worlds biggest football competition and if England get to the final, you will watch it.

What about your debit or credit card if Visa sponser it?

Many things/companies practices I disagree with but won't or can't boycott.

Will be interesting to see if players actually do, until then will not be taken seriously.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2021 15:03

Snowflake Royal

Planning on not watching a minute. Which should be pretty easy with any of the ITV games at least

How come? Fair oxf*rd if you do but it is the worlds premier football competition.

I get that Qatar are really shitty for human rights but even if we get to the final again?

I struggle to think anybody would boycott it.

Otherwise people would have boycott Russia WC aswell.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jul 2021 15:47

Everything from the location to the scheduling and the timing is just shit. I've already lost interest in it and the qualifying has barely started.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jul 2021 15:49

Will be bang up for it! I quite like the idea of a winter (for us) world cup. Its something different. Also the time diffo helps us a little with it being there as the first game kicks off earlier for us. 4 games a day in the group stage - 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 7pm

PL (and Champ?) expected to pause on Nov 12 and resume in the last week of Dec. I have said for ages that the idea of shifting some domestic winter games here to the summer (and playing them at say 7pm on a Saturday when the worst of the heat is gone) very much appeals to me

Will probs get in the spirit of things by asking Mrs B to wear a burka for the duration

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jul 2021 16:31

Winston Biscuit Will be bang up for it! I quite like the idea of a winter (for us) world cup. Its something different. Also the time diffo helps us a little with it being there as the first game kicks off earlier for us. 4 games a day in the group stage - 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 7pm

PL (and Champ?) expected to pause on Nov 12 and resume in the last week of Dec. I have said for ages that the idea of shifting some domestic winter games here to the summer (and playing them at say 7pm on a Saturday when the worst of the heat is gone) very much appeals to me

Will probs get in the spirit of things by asking Mrs B to wear a burka for the duration

Do you really think the kick off times locally (i.e. Qatar) will be during their day ?
It’ll still be too hot, the TV companies won’t want it and my guess is they’re going to be 18:00, 20:00 and 22:00 UK time, which is c 21:00, 23:00 and 01:00 local

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jul 2021 16:38

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit Will be bang up for it! I quite like the idea of a winter (for us) world cup. Its something different. Also the time diffo helps us a little with it being there as the first game kicks off earlier for us. 4 games a day in the group stage - 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 7pm

Do you really think the kick off times locally (i.e. Qatar) will be during their day ?
It’ll still be too hot, the TV companies won’t want it and my guess is they’re going to be 18:00, 20:00 and 22:00 UK time, which is c 21:00, 23:00 and 01:00 local

I believe kick off times are already confirmed as the ones I said up there^

Qatar in December is not as hot as a European summer world cup

https://weather-and-climate.com/doha-December-averages says its 24C

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jul 2021 16:43

Winston Biscuit
Franchise FC

I’m working on the basis of information from someone who has just spent the last 5 years living there.
Maybe he’s just a weather lightweight

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jul 2021 16:44

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit
Franchise FC Do you really think the kick off times locally (i.e. Qatar) will be during their day ?

I’m working on the basis of information from someone who has just spent the last 5 years living there.

Humidity is generally high out there even in winter so whatever the temp it will likely feel hotter

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jul 2021 16:47

Winston Biscuit
Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit

Humidity is generally high out there even in winter so whatever the temp it will likely feel hotter

Maybe that’s what he was referring to.

As for the kick off times, when they ‘won’ (bought, obviously) the event, FIFA were told the tournament would be in the northern hemisphere summer. That seems to have changed, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the kick off times were still ‘flexible’

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jul 2021 16:49

The last 5 european world cups were in Russia, Germany, Italy, France & Spain. Reckon 4 of those 5 will have been hotter that Qatar2022 will be

(I could also be wrong on this, it has been known! :? )

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jul 2021 17:17

I thought Mrs Winny already wore a burka and always walked behind you anyway.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jul 2021 17:19

Zip

All 4 of them do!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jul 2021 10:59

Winston Biscuit
Zip

All 4 of them do!

You’re a burka

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jul 2021 13:30

Got to laugh at anyone saying they'll boycott the World Cup. Empty words. You'll be watching it and you know it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 17 Jul 2021 13:54

NathStPaul Got to laugh at anyone saying they'll boycott the World Cup. Empty words. You'll be watching it and you know it.

Agreed. I can guarantee if we make the final or semis again, they'll be watching

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jul 2021 16:33

Unlike you pair of clowns, some of us have self control.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jul 2021 16:36

Snowflake Royal Unlike you pair of clowns, some of us have self control.

Why are you insulting me?

You'll watch it Ian. Not like you have much else on is it?

2186 posts