LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8627 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Stranded » 20 Feb 2019 10:09

Old Man Andrews Interesting battle of wits against Bayern who came here to get a 0-0 and got one.

Liverpool players seemed determined to get in Salah's way all evening which didn't help matters for them.

Don't think Liverpool will be too unhappy with a 0-0, they will have preferred a win of course but they go to Munich with Van Dijk back in defence knowing that any score draw will do them now - Bayern have to win.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Feb 2019 11:04

Stranded
Old Man Andrews Interesting battle of wits against Bayern who came here to get a 0-0 and got one.

Liverpool players seemed determined to get in Salah's way all evening which didn't help matters for them.

Don't think Liverpool will be too unhappy with a 0-0, they will have preferred a win of course but they go to Munich with Van Dijk back in defence knowing that any score draw will do them now - Bayern have to win.

Largely agree with that. Bayern not getting an away goal is big plus, especially with the makeshift centreback pairing last night.

I thought Liverpool played pretty well last night, right up until they got in and around the Bayern penalty area when things just didn't go Liverpool's way. They really do need to add a 4th and 5th option for that front line though as they just don't have much alternative apart from Shaqiri, who I see more as an attacking option in the midfield but he's probably played further forward for them.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Feb 2019 11:41

Hoop Blah
Stranded

Largely agree with that. Bayern not getting an away goal is big plus, especially with the makeshift centreback pairing last night.

I thought Liverpool played pretty well last night, right up until they got in and around the Bayern penalty area when things just didn't go Liverpool's way. They really do need to add a 4th and 5th option for that front line though as they just don't have much alternative apart from Shaqiri, who I see more as an attacking option in the midfield but he's probably played further forward for them.

Agreed.
The intricate passing in and around the box is fabulous when it works, as it often does.
I would like to see Robertson bombing on (he did a bit more of that last night) rather than the turning back inside as he has done more of late.
Two real European heavyweights slugging it out last night-oh for the days when only the top teams took part and we didn't have all those pointless group games even if it were just to have in the future the top two in the major leagues and top only in the rest.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Feb 2019 13:24

Victor Meldrew
Hoop Blah
Stranded

Two real European heavyweights slugging it out last night-oh for the days when only the top teams took part and we didn't have all those pointless group games even if it were just to have in the future the top two in the major leagues and top only in the rest.

You wouldn't be in this year if that was the case

LOLiverpool would barely have been in for the last twenty years under those qualifying conditions

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Feb 2019 16:23

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
Hoop Blah

LOLiverpool would barely have been in for the last twenty years under those qualifying conditions

Do you seriously think I didn't know that?
I still think that it should be no more than the top two.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Feb 2019 17:23

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

just making sure :wink:

Shall we agree to not talk shit about game on Sunday, whatever the result?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Feb 2019 19:29

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T

just making sure :wink:

Shall we agree to not talk shit about game on Sunday, whatever the result?

Truce (temporary).

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Feb 2019 11:01

Even if it was thought to be a 3 horse race it is clearly now a 2 horse race with Liverpool "wobbling" to a 5-0 win against in-form Watford.
The best thing IMHO about this title race is that the best two attacking sides are battling it out and are not playing the dreary stuff of Mourinho and Conti.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 28 Feb 2019 14:09

Victor Meldrew Even if it was thought to be a 3 horse race it is clearly now a 2 horse race with Liverpool "wobbling" to a 5-0 win against in-form Watford.
The best thing IMHO about this title race is that the best two attacking sides are battling it out and are not playing the dreary stuff of Mourinho and Conti.

As Liverpool have already won the league the interesting bit is who will get 3rd and 4th

Spurs are being dragged into the battle for CL qual. An Arsenal win at the weekend puts them within one point of 3rd

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Mar 2019 12:17

EveROFLton always roll over and give their city rivals the three points

good work Everton!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Mar 2019 18:29

Had a quick look on redandwhitekop.com

502 Bad Gateway
nginx

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Mar 2019 20:11

BR0B0T EveROFLton always roll over and give their city rivals the three points

good work Everton!
opening the door ajar a little bit more for Citeh, aids or cancer comes to mind :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Mar 2019 09:15

That's the last tough fixture out of the way and Citeh are only 1 point ahead, it's all still up for grabs

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2019 09:21

Silver Fox That's the last tough fixture out of the way and Citeh are only 1 point ahead, it's all still up for grabs

Spurs and Chelsea still to play

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Mar 2019 09:27

BR0B0T
Silver Fox That's the last tough fixture out of the way and Citeh are only 1 point ahead, it's all still up for grabs

That's what I said

Duffy

by Duffy » 04 Mar 2019 09:33

Silver Fox
BR0B0T

That's what I said

Liverpool have played Chelsea twice and are yet to beat them. A draw and a loss.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Mar 2019 09:43

Man City won't let this slip, they are like a dog with a bone. Liverpool have bottled it again.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Mar 2019 09:54

I've not been that impressed by Citeh this week, there's still plenty of time

Kes, those previous Chelsea games were when the team was still playing for Sarri, I don't think yesterday's performance will concern anyone, first away goals of the year wasn't it?

Duffy

by Duffy » 04 Mar 2019 10:00

Silver Fox I've not been that impressed by Citeh this week, there's still plenty of time

Kes, those previous Chelsea games were when the team was still playing for Sarri, I don't think yesterday's performance will concern anyone, first away goals of the year wasn't it?

No. Chelsea scored 2 away at Malmo iirc.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Mar 2019 11:00

Only 4 wins in 10 since the turn of the year for Liverpool.

That’s pretty poor and they’ve just looked pretty toothless in a lot of those games from what I’ve seen.

I’d make City favourites now, even if Liverpool were the team ahead by a point.

The fixture list doesn’t look much different for City, with only Spurs and United looking tricky.

8627 posts