LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8629 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jun 2020 07:31

BR0B0T
South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal We all know if he was banned Vic would just assume he'd forgotten his password like his other two accounts and come back refusing to listen to any criticism or believe he'd been banned so what's the point.

Ian , you really are wasted on here.
You do seem to see yourself as almost god-like with all the answers whereas the old saying of "know all, bugger all" is IMHO most apt when applied to you.

Congrats on the title* btw Vic

Obvs a massive shower of pcunts

Quite apt Vic supports them then.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Jun 2020 10:47

BR0B0T
South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal We all know if he was banned Vic would just assume he'd forgotten his password like his other two accounts and come back refusing to listen to any criticism or believe he'd been banned so what's the point.

Ian , you really are wasted on here.
You do seem to see yourself as almost god-like with all the answers whereas the old saying of "know all, bugger all" is IMHO most apt when applied to you.

Congrats on the title* btw Vic

Obvs a massive shower of pcunts

:D :D That's what we like to see, a bit of genuine and a bit of hate which are both acceptable between fans.
What is naff and boring is the mindless stuff from our mega posters, we all know who they are as we just can't avoid them.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jun 2020 18:00

Can't wait for Liverpool to win the title again next season so the United fans "20 times ... " song/chant becomes redundant

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jun 2020 18:16

Franchise FC Can't wait for Liverpool to win the title again next season so the United fans "20 times ... " song/chant becomes redundant

we haven't completed this season yet m8!

a couple of key players leave or get injured

loss of form/pace etc disruption in camp

City/Chelsea put their hands in their deep pockets

...etc etc

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jun 2020 18:42

BR0B0T
Franchise FC Can't wait for Liverpool to win the title again next season so the United fans "20 times ... " song/chant becomes redundant

...etc etc

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan, but do prefer them to United

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2020 08:32

BR0B0T

...etc etc

Think Chelsea could be one to watch next season, especially if their new striker hits the ground running and if Utd can continue some form into next season, it could make for a really entertaining season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Jul 2020 08:40

Hendo
BR0B0T

...etc etc

Think Chelsea could be one to watch next season, especially if their new striker hits the ground running and if Utd can continue some form into next season, it could make for a really entertaining season.

I worry a bit about Lampard, think the 2nd season will be a lot tougher for him. He went into this one as someone to steady the ship and bring through the youth, which he has done exceptionally well. The thing is there was absolutely no expectation this season from either the supporters or the chairman, Lampard had pretty much free reign but I just wonder what happens now they are splashing the cash? The expectation levels will rise massively and they will need to kick on or we know what the chairman will do.
Think you have to factor in Spurs for next season too if they back Mourinho in the transfer market.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Jul 2020 09:21

I find it really difficult to see Mourinho succeeding with Tottenham. He seems to revert to a formula that doesn't have the same effect now as it did 10-15 years ago.

Take the United game as an example. Leading and playing well, they should've gone for the kill. Instead, they revert to Mourinho defensive type until they've conceded, to be followed by them taking over the game again but not able to find a winner.
It all seems like typical, latter-day Mourinho.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Jul 2020 14:13

Hendo

If they get Havertz too (and they seem to be the only club with any cash to spend), they'll be challenging for the title, in my view.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Jul 2020 14:15

Sanguine
Hendo

If they get Havertz too (and they seem to be the only club with any cash to spend), they'll be challenging for the title, in my view.

They desperately need a keeper, Kepa just doesn't cut it imo.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Jul 2020 15:03

Hendo
BR0B0T

...etc etc

I don't......it will be same again next season. Only City will be closer to Liverpool. I don't see how a side can make up 30somthing points. United will be a better proposition, but again nowhere near the top two. The 2 North London sides will carry on being mediocre and my big prediction for this season will be Leicester won't be in the top 5.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Jul 2020 15:24

Ascotexgunner
Hendo
BR0B0T

...etc etc

I don't......it will be same again next season. Only City will be closer to Liverpool. I don't see how a side can make up 30somthing points. United will be a better proposition, but again nowhere near the top two. The 2 North London sides will carry on being mediocre and my big prediction for this season will be Leicester won't be in the top 5.

There was a 24-point swing from City to Liverpool last season, and so far this time around another 23 points in Liverpool's favour.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Jul 2020 15:43

A bit early perhaps to be talking about next season but I see it being quite close between Liverpool and City with Chelsea and Man Utd predictably making up the top 4.

Both Chelsea and Man Utd have more weaknesses than Liverpool and City IMHO and even with new signings I really don't think they will get near to bridging the gap.

Spurs and Arsenal-no
Wolves will be hard to beat but would find it very difficult to replace Traore and/or Jimenez.

If Traore does go to Liverpool and probably played as a super-sub what pace there could be up front with Salah and Mane plus the two fastest full/wing backs around.
I'm looking forward to next season already.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2020 15:52

South Coast Royal A bit early perhaps to be talking about next season but I see it being quite close between Liverpool and City with Chelsea and Man Utd predictably making up the top 4.

Both Chelsea and Man Utd have more weaknesses than Liverpool and City IMHO and even with new signings I really don't think they will get near to bridging the gap.

Spurs and Arsenal-no
Wolves will be hard to beat but would find it very difficult to replace Traore and/or Jimenez.

If Traore does go to Liverpool and probably played as a super-sub what pace there could be up front with Salah and Mane plus the two fastest full/wing backs around.
I'm looking forward to next season already.

I think that will be the top 4 next season but I think they will close the gap to City and Liverpool. Maybe not all the way, but certainly closer than this season. With players coming back from injury at Utd, they could make a decent fist of it next season, especially if Pogba actually decides he wants to play and not just stick his bottom lip out at every minor inconvenience. Playing with Fernandes might give him that bit of oomph.

Traore would be a very good signing for Liverpool, if used as that impact sub, would certainly give tiring defences a nightmare.

Next season could be a cracker.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Jul 2020 16:28

It's really difficult, as talented as the side is, to see Liverpool maintaining this level next season. They have lost just twice since the start of last season, five times in their last 93 games, and eight in their last 114. Their level surely has to drop.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Jul 2020 20:07

Sanguine It's really difficult, as talented as the side is, to see Liverpool maintaining this level next season. They have lost just twice since the start of last season, five times in their last 93 games, and eight in their last 114. Their level surely has to drop.

a couple of long term injuries to key players and LFC are fooked (in the same way UTD would be)

they don't have the depth of City who will surely start spending

if they (LFC) can keep everyone fit then they obvs gonna be favourites

luck* has also been on their side, it always is for the top team tbf

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jul 2020 07:48

Well, it's been showm this season that City have fcuk all depth in defence.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jul 2020 07:50

From Despair To Where? Well, it's been showm this season that City have fcuk all depth in defence.

They are going to sign Koulibaly though which is a huge upgrade. If they can keep him and Laporte fit then they will be way more solid.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jul 2020 08:20

Average age of the Liverpool squad is nearly 2 years younger than Manchester City. Liverpool have Miller (34) and Henderson (30) of their key players over 30.

City have Walker (30), Aguero (32), David Silva (32), Fernandinho (35), Ottamendi (32), who have all started 20+ games this season. If they sign Khoulibaly, he'll also turn 30 next season.

Throw in Leroy Sane leaving and, whilst Liverpool need to strengthen, City have a bit of a rebuild on their hands.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jul 2020 08:26

Shit, didn't think Aguero was as old as that. I think they should move on all of the players you mentioned. Silva is leaving anyway and Foden will hopefully get his chance bringing the average age down a little bit. I don't think the ages of CB's are that big of a deal, some of the better CB's in the game are the wrong side of 30. They really need a strong, physical defender like Koulibaly imo.

8629 posts