Hob Nob Regular

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Royality creeps In » 24 Jan 2020 18:49

Troll Alert Troll Alert Troll Alert Troll Alert

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Jan 2020 20:25

To comfort the afflicted, RCI’s post was (ahem) ‘posting outside of the box’ and soooo wrong.......but.....the ‘piling in’ from so many posters is equally embarrassing.

tbf and imho

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Jan 2020 13:31

AthleticoSpizz To comfort the afflicted, RCI’s post was (ahem) ‘posting outside of the box’ and soooo wrong.......but.....the ‘piling in’ from so many posters is equally embarrassing.

tbf and imho

TBH and in MVHO it is true though. The challengers are sh+t. Think he is wrong about Citeh and best football. Their pure comedy at the back and all tippy tally up front.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Jan 2020 11:31

AthleticoSpizz To comfort the afflicted, RCI’s post was (ahem) ‘posting outside of the box’ and soooo wrong.......but.....the ‘piling in’ from so many posters is equally embarrassing.

tbf and imho

Responding = 'piling in'

Dear me.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jan 2020 15:56

Ascotexgunner

tbf and imho

TBH and in MVHO it is true though. The challengers are sh+t. Think he is wrong about Citeh and best football. Their pure comedy at the back and all tippy tally up front.

well quite. i made the very point that royalty creeps in was making the page before

"Not taking anything away from Liverpool they have been ruthless. But let's be honest this one of the worst challenges on the title by any other team that I care to remember.

Arsenal - oxf*rd
Man Utd - oxf*rd
Spurs - oxf*rd
Chelsea - transition
Man city - piss poor defense.

None of the challengers to the throne have been in a position to challenge. And in fact, most of the league are in disarray. Pretty much every team is bang average. just 12 points cover Man U in 5th to Villa in 18th. This time last season on match week 23, 5th placed Arsenal were on 44 points whilst 18th placed Cardiff were on 19 a points difference of 25."

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Jan 2020 16:34

WoodleyRoyal
Ascotexgunner

tbf and imho

well quite. i made the very point that royalty creeps in was making the page before

"Not taking anything away from Liverpool they have been ruthless. But let's be honest this one of the worst challenges on the title by any other team that I care to remember.

Arsenal - oxf*rd
Man Utd - oxf*rd
Spurs - oxf*rd
Chelsea - transition

None of the challengers to the throne have been in a position to challenge. And in fact, most of the league are in disarray. Pretty much every team is bang average. just 12 points cover Man U in 5th to Villa in 18th. This time last season on match week 23, 5th placed Arsenal were on 44 points whilst 18th placed Cardiff were on 19 a points difference of 25."

None of which should detract from the fact that Liverpool have taken 94 of the last 96 point available :shock: :shock: :shock:
In any company, that's mahoosive.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jan 2020 16:37

Franchise FC
WoodleyRoyal
Ascotexgunner

Arsenal - oxf*rd
Man Utd - oxf*rd
Spurs - oxf*rd
Chelsea - transition

None of which should detract from the fact that Liverpool have taken 94 of the last 96 point available :shock: :shock: :shock:

Agreed, hence my opening sentence 'Not taking anything away from Liverpool they have been ruthless.'

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Jan 2020 16:43

WoodleyRoyal
Franchise FC
WoodleyRoyal

Arsenal - oxf*rd
Man Utd - oxf*rd
Spurs - oxf*rd
Chelsea - transition

Agreed, hence my opening sentence 'Not taking anything away from Liverpool they have been ruthless.'

Sorry, I read that as a quote from someone else, rather than yours

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Jan 2020 23:56

Royality creeps In
Stranded
Royality creeps In
They are surely only getting home due to the failings of others. Manure, Man City, Spurs , Arsenal etc.

They have 67 points from 69 - Any other team will have to be going some to even be in touching distance. A "poor" City and Leicester are going at or over 2pts per game.

If City were going at the 2.6pts per game they managed last season, they would still be 5 points adrift with Liverpool having a game in hand.

Liverpool may not always play the best football but their will to win is unmatched this year.

That’s my point ( ignoring the usual clowns on here!)

It seems that Man City aside. All the other “Big six” are going through a transitional period and making it easier for Liverpool to beat them.

Of course they have been lucky with their most influential players being injury free. (To date)

Firstly, is it luck if your players can stay injury free? To a certain extent, perhaps. But would you not normally associate it to training methods and their high fitness levels which keeps their players injury free

Secondly, who are you actually referring to as their “most influential players”. Alisson, TAA, Robertson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah, Mane and Firmino? Well, from what I’ve seen, Liverpool haven’t been able to put out their “preferred XI” all season which rebuffs your claim

Thirdly, would you really say Tottenham or to a lesser extent Arsenal are in transition stage considering Tottenham have pretty much had the same XI this season as the last few?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Jan 2020 08:09

'transition stage' is up there with my most disliked football nonsense phrases alongside 'footballing philosophy' and 'lost the dressing room'

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jan 2020 08:16

Arsenal have been in a "transitional phase" for about the last 15 years.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Jan 2020 09:05

It's become the modern day go to cop out phrase for fans who want to make an excuse for why their club is perceived to be underachieving

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 29 Jan 2020 22:08

Is there a thread yet for those of us who are worried that the 106 record is in serious danger?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 07:52

Billy The Fish Is there a thread yet for those of us who are worried that the 106 record is in serious danger?

There is a thread called "Record Watch" on the team board I believe.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2020 09:24

We'll always have the football league 46 game record, Man Citeh last year was better than 106 so if you're going to compare with 38 game seasons it's already gone

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2020 12:31

Silver Fox We'll always have the football league 46 game record, Man Citeh last year was better than 106 so if you're going to compare with 38 game seasons it's already gone

I'm pretty sure that we have the points record, not the points per game record - that's not a thing

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2020 12:32

errrr ... temporarily

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 30 Jan 2020 12:36

They've got 14 games left. Taking maximum points from 12 games, puts them level on 106. It would be an unbelievable achievement to beat it.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2020 12:40

Franchise FC
Silver Fox We'll always have the football league 46 game record, Man Citeh last year was better than 106 so if you're going to compare with 38 game seasons it's already gone

I'm pretty sure that we have the points record, not the points per game record - that's not a thing

This is the thing, you can't compare the 2, otherwise you're saying that more often than not the winners of league 2 are better than the Premier League champs (I haven't checked the stats to see how often top of L2 gets more points than top of the Prem, just trust me)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2020 13:33

Silver Fox
Franchise FC

This is the thing, you can't compare the 2, otherwise you're saying that more often than not the winners of league 2 are better than the Premier League champs (I haven't checked the stats to see how often top of L2 gets more points than top of the Prem, just trust me)

PPG ratio would enable comparison of league seasons across all divisions. However I suspect that Reading 05/06 may not even be in the top 5 for that across all of the top 4 divisions.

106 remains the highest number of points gathered by any club in the 4 divisions since 3 points for a win was introduced back in 1981

If Liverpool manage to beat 106 this season then they thoroughly deserve it as the max points you can get in a PL season currently is 114 (so if they got 107 points that would mean Liverpool collected about 94% of the available points).

8627 posts