FA Cup 2nd Round thread

eddiegrundy

Re: FA Cup 2nd Round thread

by eddiegrundy » 08 Dec 2010 11:27

1871 Royal
Four Of Clubs ... and @ Colchester 'our lad' Mooney (he IS still ours isn't he - or have I missed something :? ?) puts out Supermarine 1-0.

Yeah he still plays for us. Sometimes I have to remind myself that. http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10306~44553,00.html

I was at that game. As welll as Mooney turning out for Colchester, an ex-plyer of ours turned out for Supermarine. Matthew Robinson was at left back. I had a brief chat with him before the game. He looks pretty much the same as he did 10 years ago, but is 37 now and feels that this could well be his last season. He is a policeman now(!)

Mooney is doing OK for Colchester but needs better service. There is a general lack of quality throughout the Colchester side and they are over-achieving to be so high up in the league.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Dec 2010 13:45

Jackson Corner
Alan Partridge
Rev Algenon Stickleback H Swindon 2 Crawley 3 :lol:

Also Leyton Orient 8 Droylsden 2.

Droylsden will be "disappointed" with that score after being 2-0 up, and 2-1 up going into injury time. 4 players sent off as well (2 for each side)

I hate Crawley Town. Majorly disappointed they have gone through.

What have Crawley done to upset you? Surely beating the Swine at there place is a great result for a non league team.

Their manager is a fat arrogant crook, their assistant is a fat arrogant to$$er and they are spending tons and tons of money at that level which their club could never actually generate.

They will be bankrupt and eithe rlike weymouth bottom of the southern league or just plain out of business.

They'll probably go up, owners realise they can't go any further, the bandwaogn hoppers will get bored because they aren't winning anymore and they'll be back to sub 1000 gates and the owners will depart leaving them ruined. You've heard it here first.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Dec 2010 13:47

Elmer Park It suddenly occurred to me last night that we used to have a player called Ben Smith so I wondered if it was the guy who sank Swindon last night.

Even after a small amount of research I still don't know as Soccerbase say he isn't but the Crawley OS say he is.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/playerdetails.php?ID=149

The truth is out there - anyone know it ?

It is the Reading Ben Smith, who made his only first team appearance in this game:

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/030597.html

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 08 Dec 2010 13:50

Alan Partridge Their manager is a fat arrogant crook, their assistant is a fat arrogant to$$er and they are spending tons and tons of money at that level which their club could never actually generate.

They will be bankrupt and eithe rlike weymouth bottom of the southern league or just plain out of business.

They'll probably go up, owners realise they can't go any further, the bandwaogn hoppers will get bored because they aren't winning anymore and they'll be back to sub 1000 gates and the owners will depart leaving them ruined. You've heard it here first.

I'm pretty sure that I've head that somewhere first. They're Sussex's Gretna.

Skyline

by Skyline » 08 Dec 2010 14:06

Alan Partridge Their manager is a fat arrogant crook, their assistant is a fat arrogant to$$er and they are spending tons and tons of money at that level which their club could never actually generate.

Guy I work with is a Cambridge United fan and he says pretty much the same thing about Crawley.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 08 Dec 2010 14:17

Skyline

Guy I work with is a Cambridge United fan and he says pretty much the same thing about Crawley.

Crawley used to be like that, when they have the Majeed brothers running them - no relation to the Croydon Athletic Majeed (who has now, incidentally, sold Croydon to the comedy Danes who tried to take over Chester City in its final days).

They *really* were crooks - including getting a hired heavy to throw a critical supporter through a plate-glass window, and also getting caught paying an impostor to do community service in their name! One of the Majeed's actually has the distinction of being one of only two people ever to fail the FA's Fit & Proper Persons Test.

Not sure about the current regime but I'm sure they're not as bad as the Majeeds were, even though I think they may well be the same people (or at least have links to them) who mis-managed Boston Utd so dramatically before their promotion.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 08 Dec 2010 15:58

Also Leyton Orient 8 Droylsden 2.

Droylsden will be "disappointed" with that score after being 2-0 up, and 2-1 up going into injury time. 4 players sent off as well (2 for each side)[/quote]

I hate Crawley Town. Majorly disappointed they have gone through.[/quote]

What have Crawley done to upset you? Surely beating the Swine at there place is a great result for a non league team.[/quote]

Their manager is a fat arrogant crook, their assistant is a fat arrogant to$$er and they are spending tons and tons of money at that level which their club could never actually generate.

They'll probably go up, owners realise they can't go any further, the bandwaogn hoppers will get bored because they aren't winning anymore and they'll be back to sub 1000 gates and the owners will depart leaving them ruined. You've heard it here first.[/quote]

Fair enough. That would explain why they are punching above there weight.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 08 Dec 2010 15:58

Crawley is also the arsehole of the world.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 08 Dec 2010 16:22

Alan Partridge to$$er

Why not just type tosser? :|