CheLOLsea

9597 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: CheLOLsea

by TBM » 21 Feb 2015 21:00

leww_rfc Let's see how they cope without Matic for 3 games.

Never a red

Was a poor challenge on him from Barnes

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Feb 2015 21:51

Yes, I think that has already been pre-determined.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Feb 2015 22:45

Tbh i thought Costa went down in the box under minimal contact you'd expect to occur all over the pitch.

Handball, maybe, his hand's out to the side but he is turning his back. Probably unintentional but you'd expect to see it given reglularly.

The Matic sending off, the Burnley player is kicking for the ball and the Chelsea player is coming in from the side. Just because it could cause an injury, doesn't mean it's a foul.It's just a follow through. Just one of those things.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Feb 2015 00:16

I'm no Chelsea fan but if Coata gets a 3 game ban for what he did in the Liverpool game, then Barnes should get the same treatment?!

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 22 Feb 2015 00:27

Handball's got to be deliberate so I think Burnley had a better claim for a penalty than Chelsea's first one because the Burnley player had his back to the ball. Mata got what he deserved, I suppose, but I preferred it when you had yellow cards for pushes and shoves, and red cards were reserved for punches and kicks.

You have to love Mourhino. On a day when out manager comes over as a bit oxf*rd after a victory, Jose has the media eat out of his hands with some enigmatic humour.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Feb 2015 07:31

Handsome Man Handball's got to be deliberate so I think Burnley had a better claim for a penalty than Chelsea's first one because the Burnley player had his back to the ball. Mata got what he deserved, I suppose, but I preferred it when you had yellow cards for pushes and shoves, and red cards were reserved for punches and kicks.

You have to love Mourhino. On a day when out manager comes over as a bit oxf*rd after a victory, Jose has the media eat out of his hands with some enigmatic humour.

Do you?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 22 Feb 2015 09:40

sandman
Handsome Man Handball's got to be deliberate so I think Burnley had a better claim for a penalty than Chelsea's first one because the Burnley player had his back to the ball. Mata got what he deserved, I suppose, but I preferred it when you had yellow cards for pushes and shoves, and red cards were reserved for punches and kicks.

Do you?

The same lovely chap who slagged off our local emergency services in 2006 when it was his own staff at fault. I seem to recall the RFC official statement defending the emergency services in a robust manner.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 22 Feb 2015 10:47

Afraid What goes around comes around!

CheLOLsea players have been conning refs all season by throwing themselves to the floor. The refs are only human and have seen replays after the games where they have been conned by the players. This must affect your mindset when refereeing a game.

Have to say. Thought the foul on Matic was nasty.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 22 Feb 2015 13:58

:x

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Feb 2015 13:58

Mr Angry The handball in the first half was pretty clear tbh; the ref was in a great position to see it but didn't give it. The 2nd penalty shout was very soft; Costa went down like a sack of spuds on the basis of the Burnley player making contact with him........

As for the red card, the challenge by Barnes on Matic was a shocker; a real leg breaker which the ref obviously couldn't have seen otherwise he would have given a straight red for and failed to even book Barnes (who, as I mentioned, was guilty of a couple of pretty sneaky fouls in the 1st half). If the ref didn't see it, then Barnes will get a 3 match ban retrospectively; if he did see it, then the ref should explain why he didn't deem a high, late, over the ball, stud showing challenge worthy of a red card.

If you want to say that's the way it goes, then fine; as a neutral (and certainly no Chelsea fan) all I can say is that watching the game, they got nothing from the ref at all today and Mourinho's after match comments will be interesting!!

At least Mr A gives a fair assessment. Shocking refereeing. I also think Matic shouldn't have been sent off for his reaction.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 22 Feb 2015 16:59

If he hadn't had to chase after him to bundle him then maybe Kes but as he did the ref had no choice. You can't really have a rule where you have a few seconds to get revenge without any chance of a red card yourself. God knows how the ref missed Barnes's foul and I'm assuming he didn't see it or he'd have sent him off too.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 22 Feb 2015 17:46

parky

:x

?

Sometimes you have to state the obvious

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 22 Feb 2015 18:30

Just checked on YouTube to see the offending challenge & Matic retaliation incident and saw this as well.
Proper 70s piece of retaliation following a shocking challenge. Why shove someone over when you pick 'em up and slam them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KxIaP6fHr4

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Feb 2015 21:38

6ft Kerplunk If he hadn't had to chase after him to bundle him then maybe Kes but as he did the ref had no choice. You can't really have a rule where you have a few seconds to get revenge without any chance of a red card yourself. God knows how the ref missed Barnes's foul and I'm assuming he didn't see it or he'd have sent him off too.

I agree with Gary Neville on this one. Shouldn't have been a sending off.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 23 Feb 2015 13:25

On what basis? I'm not sure it's a good idea to start formalising a position that a violent reaction to a bad tackle is ok, so long as the tackle was bad enough.

For the record, though, I think you'd have to have the patience of a saint not to react in the way Matic did - or far worse. Barnes will be lucky to miss only three games.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Feb 2015 13:36

Perplexes me, if we accept Atkinson 'didn't see' the incidents clearly, what exactly his assistants were doing, given the fouls on Ivanovic and Matic were fairly near the halfway line and touchline.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Feb 2015 13:38

harry Just checked on YouTube to see the offending challenge & Matic retaliation incident and saw this as well.
Proper 70s piece of retaliation following a shocking challenge. Why shove someone over when you pick 'em up and slam them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KxIaP6fHr4

:lol: brilliant!

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Feb 2015 14:07

How are Chelsea going to appeal Matic's red card? "It's not fair, he kicked me first" doesn't seem likely to work.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Feb 2015 14:12

6ft Kerplunk How are Chelsea going to appeal Matic's red card? "It's not fair, he kicked me first" doesn't seem likely to work.

It was a push in the back - not a punch or anything more sinister. IMO - it only warrants a yellow at most.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2015 14:42

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING NEWS: FA will take no action against Burnley's Ashley Barnes for tackle on Chelsea's Nemanja Matic on Saturday - more on #SSNHQ

Fair decision.

9597 posts