The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8696 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Sutekh » 16 Jun 2021 13:08

RG30 Scott Parker leaving Fulham with Bournemouth his rumored destination

Good to see he’s observing the government recommendations and holidaying in this country.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jun 2021 16:06

Pepe the Horseman

That's an odd one for me. Unless Fulham were looking to get rid anyway.

Think Fulham have a lot of players out of contract etc and he wasn't exactly loved there.

Surprised Bournemouth want him as he has been average to be honest - they should have gone up when they did and never looked like threatening 17th place last season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jun 2021 16:10

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman

Think Fulham have a lot of players out of contract etc and he wasn't exactly loved there.

Surprised Bournemouth want him as he has been average to be honest - they should have gone up when they did and never looked like threatening 17th place last season.

But Bournemouth should have gone up in the season just gone given the nature of their squad so using that reasoning, Parker may be a logical choice!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jun 2021 16:21

plucky little rags to riches Bournemouth?! I just assumed they were playing in the CL these days having overcome the odds 'on a shoestring budget'.....

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jun 2021 16:28

lol, it really is one of the biggest myths in football.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jun 2021 18:00

URZZZZ
Stranded
Pepe the Horseman That's an odd one for me. Unless Fulham were looking to get rid anyway.

But Bournemouth should have gone up in the season just gone given the nature of their squad so using that reasoning, Parker may be a logical choice!

Maybe but then essentially swapping like for like. Remains to be seen who leaves this summer but can only imagine he has been promised money to spend. Think they will make play-offs again but no more.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Jun 2021 18:48

Pepe the Horseman

I heard he upset the owners Son and they don't get on because the guy is a bit of a know it all and undermines Parker on Twitter.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jun 2021 07:58

Rafa Benitez :arrow: Everton.

Would be a top appointment.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jun 2021 08:00

Hendo Rafa Benitez :arrow: Everton.

Yeah, top manager. Not always the most exciting football but knows how to win games and improve teams. Provided he gets the funds I would expect Everton to be firmly up there next season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jun 2021 08:02

NathStPaul

Yeah, top manager. Not always the most exciting football but knows how to win games and improve teams. Provided he gets the funds I would expect Everton to be firmly up there next season.

Yeah I think he’ll certainly improve Everton and make them much harder to beat, and probably more successful at beating the lesser teams, than they were under CA.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jun 2021 08:06

Hendo
NathStPaul

Yeah I think he’ll certainly improve Everton and make them much harder to beat, and probably more successful at beating the lesser teams, than they were under CA.

You've also got the advantage of him knowing the city and the people, he will get the supporters onside very quickly as he knows what they want to hear and can speak in their language.
I know he won the Champions League with Liverpool but I will always put the job he did at Valencia above that. They have never been the same after he left, he took them to heights they will likely not ever see again. In terms of club size and standing, Everton are very similar to Valencia and much like at Valencia I see them giving Benitez full control of all the footballing matters which isn't something normally afforded by the elite sides.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jun 2021 08:33

“When a team comes to Anfield and only want a point, what else can you call them but a small club” Rafa Benitez, in 2007, speaking about Everton

Possibly taken out of context but not exactly a ringing endorsement

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jun 2021 08:35

URZZZZ “When a team comes to Anfield and only want a point, what else can you call them but a small club” Rafa Benitez, in 2007, speaking about Everton

What does a quote from 14 years ago have to do with now? He was the Liverpool manager at the time and Everton are the local rivals, of course he will say things to rile them. I'd hope the Everton fans won't be that petty.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jun 2021 08:40

NathStPaul
URZZZZ “When a team comes to Anfield and only want a point, what else can you call them but a small club” Rafa Benitez, in 2007, speaking about Everton

What does a quote from 14 years ago have to do with now? He was the Liverpool manager at the time and Everton are the local rivals, of course he will say things to rile them. I'd hope the Everton fans won't be that petty.

Gauging off reactions on Twitter (yeah I know) it’s not a particularly popular appointment

The obvious history of his time at Liverpool and his defensive style of play will work against him

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jun 2021 08:44

Gattuso leaves Fiorentina after 23 days.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jun 2021 08:44

Stranded
URZZZZ
Stranded

Maybe but then essentially swapping like for like. Remains to be seen who leaves this summer but can only imagine he has been promised money to spend. Think they will make play-offs again but no more.

Good job he has 100% success in the playoffs then :wink:

Time will tell but don’t think they’ll be as much interest in their players as one may think, get the impression their squad has decent Champ players but not quite Prem level - possibly Danjuma aside

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jun 2021 08:59

URZZZZ
NathStPaul

Gauging off reactions on Twitter (yeah I know) it’s not a particularly popular appointment

The obvious history of his time at Liverpool and his defensive style of play will work against him

Tells you all you need to know. Football Twitter is a oxf*rd cesspit of vvankers and shit opinions.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jun 2021 09:02

Hendo
URZZZZ
NathStPaul What does a quote from 14 years ago have to do with now? He was the Liverpool manager at the time and Everton are the local rivals, of course he will say things to rile them. I'd hope the Everton fans won't be that petty.

Tells you all you need to know. Football Twitter is a oxf*rd cesspit of vvankers and shit opinions.

They are the same "fans" who will be chanting his name and getting t-shirts made if he wins his first three games. They are to be ignored.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 17 Jun 2021 09:51

URZZZZ
NathStPaul

great manager, will do wonders at Everton I think

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jun 2021 16:04

Gattuso the favourite for the Spurs job.

And their supporters moaned about Mourinho.....

8696 posts