We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Jackson Corner » 04 Apr 2019 01:59

Hoop Blah
Jackson Corner Life jacket for Ole he is out of his depth. The man who was sacked by Cardiff and manages Norway’s top team in charge of the biggest club in the world. United are the joke that keeps on giving. That’s why they should have waited till the end of the season. He will be sacked next season and back to square one. :D

Wolves have beaten all of the top six apart from City, who they drew with.

It's hardly a huge upset considering the current standing and form of both sides.

EDIT: Wolves haven't beaten Arsenal, yet, but did draw with them.

And Huddersfield did the double over them. They were even resting players for the cup game. TBF to Ole he has been left with a crap bunch of players. Fred, Young, Pqgba, Smalling and Jones are not fit to wear the United jersey.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Apr 2019 06:08

Jackson Corner
Hoop Blah
Jackson Corner Life jacket for Ole he is out of his depth. The man who was sacked by Cardiff and manages Norway’s top team in charge of the biggest club in the world. United are the joke that keeps on giving. That’s why they should have waited till the end of the season. He will be sacked next season and back to square one. :D

Wolves have beaten all of the top six apart from City, who they drew with.

It's hardly a huge upset considering the current standing and form of both sides.

EDIT: Wolves haven't beaten Arsenal, yet, but did draw with them.

And Huddersfield did the double over them. They were even resting players for the cup game. TBF to Ole he has been left with a crap bunch of players. Fred, Young, Pqgba, Smalling and Jones are not fit to wear the United jersey.

:roll:

Pogba..... who this season has been one of the best players.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Apr 2019 13:45

The Enfield Royal71 Pogba..... who this season has been one of the best players.

I don't think he was anything of the sort under Mourinho, and he's started to revert to type over recent games.

If I were OGS I'd cash in on him this summer.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Apr 2019 13:53

Hoop Blah
The Enfield Royal71 Pogba..... who this season has been one of the best players.

I don't think he was anything of the sort under Mourinho, and he's started to revert to type over recent games.

Forgot mourinho managed them this season :lol: :oops:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Apr 2019 20:51

Hoop Blah

In terms of pure numbers (goals and assists) he has had a better return this season than Gerrard ever got in his whole career (per season obvs)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Apr 2019 07:46

BR0B0T
Hoop Blah

In terms of pure numbers (goals and assists) he has had a better return this season than Gerrard ever got in his whole career (per season obvs)

Apart from the fact I don't believe that stat, it also doesn't tell you enough about how well he's played and what he's brought to the team week-in, week-out.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Apr 2019 09:31

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T
Hoop Blah

Apart from the fact I don't believe that stat, it also doesn't tell you enough about how well he's played and what he's brought to the team week-in, week-out.

only two seasons with more goals (13 & 16) but lacked the assists in those years

yeah, it's just one of those stats that mean little...

such as LFC averaged 5th position over the span of St Steven's career

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Apr 2019 09:50

BR0B0T only two seasons with more goals (13 & 16) but lacked the assists in those years

Well, having just checked it, Gerrard got 9 assists in the season he score 16 goals, from 31 games. He got 13 in the season he scored 13 too, from 34 games. Pogba has 11 goals and 9 assists from 28. So 25 & 26 vs 20, so, like I said, it's a bullshit stat really.

It has been a productive season for Pogba, no doubt there, and, to be fair to him, his assists ratio, after just 80-odd games is better than Gerrard's over his 504 games. Statistically it's certainly a better season than I'd have said for Pogba.

Regardless, it doesn't paint the full picture and Gerrard was certainly never the disruptive influence that Pogba is, on or off the pitch.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Apr 2019 10:00

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T only two seasons with more goals (13 & 16) but lacked the assists in those years

Well, having just checked it, Gerrard got 9 assists in the season he score 16 goals, from 31 games. He got 13 in the season he scored 13 too, from 34 games. Pogba has 11 goals and 9 assists from 28. So 25 & 26 vs 20, so, like I said, it's a bullshit stat really.

It has been a productive season for Pogba, no doubt there, and, to be fair to him, his assists ratio, after just 80-odd games is better than Gerrard's over his 504 games. Statistically it's certainly a better season than I'd have said for Pogba.

Regardless, it doesn't paint the full picture and Gerrard was certainly never the disruptive influence that Pogba is, on or off the pitch.

lols yeah just guessed on the assists and hoped you wouldn't look it up :lol: :oops:

Gerard ended up in court for fighting in a club, was going to transfer to Chelsea etc

and the team he played for wasn't that successful...similar to Pogba

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Apr 2019 10:51

BR0B0T lols yeah just guessed on the assists and hoped you wouldn't look it up :lol: :oops:

Gerard ended up in court for fighting in a club, was going to transfer to Chelsea etc

and the team he played for wasn't that successful...similar to Pogba

That's not disruptive in the way that Pogba has undoubtedly been though.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Apr 2019 19:39

It's a bit daft Brobot making comparisons between Gerrard and Pogba.
Not only are you talking of such a short period of time but there is no mention of tackles made nor of Pogba's poor marking at set-pieces.

I like Pogba and feel that Man Utd should try and build a team around him as he is so much better than what they have got elsewhere in their squad apart from De Gea.
Hopefully they won't do that and he moves on because he has higher ambitions than playing in the Europa League..

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Apr 2019 13:00

Not as if Pogba and/or his agent hasn't got previous for being a disruptive influence at United.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Apr 2019 19:35

Absolute shite but got the win! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Apr 2019 12:51

BR0B0T Absolute shite but got the win! :oops: :oops: :oops:

What a surprise, two penalties to the home side at Old Trafford. :wink:
I gather that one of them was actually correct.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Apr 2019 14:16

Victor Meldrew

Any result is good today but obvs heart hopes Chelsea stuff you whereas the head wants a draw

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Apr 2019 20:48

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

Any result is good today but obvs heart hopes Chelsea stuff you whereas the head wants a draw

We'll leave it up to you to beat them.....and City of course, after you have knocked out Barcelona.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 16 Apr 2019 20:18

Ashley pcunting fcuking Young!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Apr 2019 21:28

4 of tonight's back 5 for Utd, played in the 2011 defeat to Basel that saw them eliminated at the group stage. Amazing that a club of United's size have been unable to improve their defence in 7 and a bit years.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Apr 2019 10:31

I guess of late they've papered over the defence's cracks by De Gea being skillz, once he starts throwing them in you really need to do something

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Apr 2019 10:54

As mentioned under another topic I fear that Man City will have more trouble playing Burnley in the run-in than playing at Old Trafford.
So is that now 5 losses from 7 for Ole as quoted on BT Sport?
There is even talk today that he will be replaced in the summer-surely not?
He once scored in a final you know, as the papers have been telling us for days-what that has to do with being a good manager I don't know.

Still, they will have a chance in the Europa League next season (having had yet another summer spending hundreds of millions)and could then possibly qualify for the subsequent year's ECL.

5752 posts