Jordan Rhodes

1419 posts
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR: Jordan Rhodes

by andrew1957 » 28 May 2012 13:30

I think that it is now less likely that Rhodes will leave Huddersfield with them promoted unless a very big fee is paid. As I understand it their Chairman has a bob or two, so they should not be desperate to sell.

Probably best for all concerned if he stays and then we can see if he can cut it in the Championship or not. I certainly would not want RFC to pay more than 3.5M absolutely top whack for him and that is pushing it.

And as for Morrison - I thought he was very good on Saturday and I hope we keep him rather than use him in some part exchange. He might turn out to be a bigger star than Rhodes in the longer run.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 28 May 2012 14:04

Royal With Cheese
cmonurz
Royal With Cheese Patting the badge while on loan is like chatting up a woman in a bar even though you don't fancy her - just because you can.

Analogy only works if that woman in the bar is the only one you’ve ever known. Except a pretty one slightly out of your league who touched your arm once by accident.

Err, not really.

Yes, really.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 May 2012 14:19

What, Huddersfield is out of Morrisons league?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 28 May 2012 14:25

GSY-Royal
TBM
Barry the bird boggler Plus Morrison proved himself to not be a Reading player after scoring a penalty.

tbf he has played every minute of every game for them since signing on loan. I hope they take him for another season to give him Championship experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eni7W_7h ... ure=relmfu

10:50, patting the badge?

.. and?

He was playing for them in a key game.

Grow up.

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 28 May 2012 14:40

West Stand Man .. and?

He was playing for them in a key game.

Grow up.

All I was suggesting was that he would by the looks of things he would love to move there, question mark ensuing that I couldn't tell if he was patting the badge or just his chest. Those three words and one number I said were hardly provocative, pipe down.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 May 2012 14:50

cmonurz
Royal With Cheese Patting the badge while on loan is like chatting up a woman in a bar even though you don't fancy her - just because you can.

Analogy only works if that woman in the bar is the only one you’ve ever known. Except a pretty one slightly out of your league who touched your arm once by accident.

Well, you could extrapolate it out and say it only works if she if she's scraped butter of an overdue library book before you met her.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 May 2012 20:30

Why don't we strike a deal with Huddersfield. To start with I like the look of Morrison and believe he should start with us. Carling Cup, off the bench kind of player see if he can cut it. But I want to see Rhodes here too. How about a £5million signing then we loan him straight back to Huddersfield to get that Championship experience before coming here in Janurary. We keep Morrison and loan him back in Janurary if he doesn't do much. Everyone's a winner, Rhodes gets Huddersfield enough points to stay up, makes the jump more bearable, Morrison gets his chance and if he doesn't cut it gets to go back to Huddersfield who obviously love him, and can leave next summer.

By the way I can see Huddersfield doing a Southampton and Norwich, so it makes sense for all involved.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 May 2012 20:39

Great 15th post there R4E

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 May 2012 21:00

Do you understand the technicalities, or shall we algebra them:

Re =Mo 6xRe (Rh = 5,000,000 + 6xHu) - 6xHu = X

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 28 May 2012 21:41

I would extremely surprised if anyone pays anywhere near the £5million mark for him.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 28 May 2012 22:15

The fees paid for Long and Doyle (both the PL experience and a good deal of Championship too) would suggest that £5M for a League 1 player with potential is, possibly, a tad high.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 28 May 2012 22:21

Ups and Downs I would extremely surprised if anyone pays anywhere near the £5million mark for him.

Then don't be surprised if he's still a Huddersfield player next season. They DO NOT need to sell him and won't for anything less than £5m. Whether that be a substantial fee plus add ons or all up front. The overall transfer fee must be above £5m

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 28 May 2012 22:26

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 May 2012 22:45

Reading4eva Why don't we strike a deal with Huddersfield. To start with I like the look of Morrison and believe he should start with us. Carling Cup, off the bench kind of player see if he can cut it. But I want to see Rhodes here too. How about a £5million signing then we loan him straight back to Huddersfield to get that Championship experience before coming here in Janurary. We keep Morrison and loan him back in Janurary if he doesn't do much. Everyone's a winner, Rhodes gets Huddersfield enough points to stay up, makes the jump more bearable, Morrison gets his chance and if he doesn't cut it gets to go back to Huddersfield who obviously love him, and can leave next summer.

By the way I can see Huddersfield doing a Southampton and Norwich, so it makes sense for all involved.

I don't see an awful lot in it for Huddersfield tbh.

Would you have happily sold Gylfi to Chelsea for £6m to get Bertrand on loan for one extra year?

Personally I see Morrison's situation as similar to Antonio's. Impressed at a lower level. Not been considered good enough to start regularly at Championship level and we've now been promoted above that. Both would be good to try moving into the team to fill gaps if we hadn't got promoted. Now both only really worth keeping in case we get relegated.

In which case, I say let all parties move on to pastures new, permanently.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 28 May 2012 23:46

Ups and Downs I would extremely surprised if anyone pays anywhere near the £5million mark for him.

Apparently Saints have had a £7m bid for Jay Rodriguez (of Burnley) accepted - Rodriguez is a similar age to Rhodes but he's proven at Champ level. £4-5m plus bonuses would probs be reasonable for Rhodes

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 29 May 2012 02:19

West Stand Man The fees paid for Long and Doyle (both the PL experience and a good deal of Championship too) would suggest that £5M for a League 1 player with potential is, possibly, a tad high.

ridicuolous esp as Le Fondre from Div2 and also prolific was £300K

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 29 May 2012 02:20

chilipepper91

Apparently Saints have had a £7m bid for Jay Rodriguez (of Burnley) accepted - Rodriguez is a similar age to Rhodes but he's proven at Champ level. £4-5m plus bonuses would probs be reasonable for Rhodes

thats silly money for what is no more than a good champ player!!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 29 May 2012 02:24

Ian Royal
Reading4eva Why don't we strike a deal with Huddersfield. To start with I like the look of Morrison and believe he should start with us. Carling Cup, off the bench kind of player see if he can cut it. But I want to see Rhodes here too. How about a £5million signing then we loan him straight back to Huddersfield to get that Championship experience before coming here in Janurary. We keep Morrison and loan him back in Janurary if he doesn't do much. Everyone's a winner, Rhodes gets Huddersfield enough points to stay up, makes the jump more bearable, Morrison gets his chance and if he doesn't cut it gets to go back to Huddersfield who obviously love him, and can leave next summer.

I don't see an awful lot in it for Huddersfield tbh.

Would you have happily sold Gylfi to Chelsea for £6m to get Bertrand on loan for one extra year?

Personally I see Morrison's situation as similar to Antonio's. Impressed at a lower level. Not been considered good enough to start regularly at Championship level and we've now been promoted above that. Both would be good to try moving into the team to fill gaps if we hadn't got promoted. Now both only really worth keeping in case we get relegated.

In which case, I say let all parties move on to pastures new, permanently.

re: hard to say with morisson as he hasnt had a chance whereas antonio has been dreadful - always waited for the ball to come to him and thereby got robbed alot! he had a great load at Sheff Weds so if they cant offer a decent sum (think they offered a joke £300K, whereas RFC was £750K) then loan him again to Sheff Weds for the season and see how he does

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 29 May 2012 02:27

Friday's Legacy Rhodes future will be decided next week - http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... witterfeed

Huddersfield assistant manager Glynn Snodin has revealed Jordan Rhodes’ future will be resolved in the next few days.

The highly-rated 22-year-old striker has hit 40 goals this season attracting the attention of a host of Premier League sides including West Ham, Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Fulham.

Bosses at the club have reportedly slapped an £8m price tag on Rhodes in an attempt to fend off potential suitors.

But after helping the Terriers gain promotion from League One to the Championship on Saturday afternoon, Snodin told talkSPORT that if Rhodes does decide to leave he will go with the club’s best wishes.

“He has been fantastic. Hopefully over the next three, four or five days things should be getting sorted out with Jordan, his agent, the chairman and see where we go with that then.

“It will be down to the club what Jordan is looking for and what Jordan Rhodes wants to do as well.

“Whatever happens, if he is going to stay, fantastic, if he is going to leave then everybody is going to pat him on the back because what he has done for this club has been absolutely out of this world.”

£8 million - hahahahahahaha, no chance

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 May 2012 07:14

Reading4eva Do you understand the technicalities, or shall we algebra them:

Re =Mo 6xRe (Rh = 5,000,000 + 6xHu) - 6xHu = X

So the only answers are True or False :?

1419 posts