England Vs Wales

245 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: England Vs Wales

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Sep 2011 21:46

The result was the main thing. The midfield linked up pretty well in the first half, although Barry, Downing and Milner gave the ball away far too often. Just as well Frank was on there for his superb ball retention, passing accuracy and pass completion rate.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2011 21:47

leww_rfc Wales' world cup group is very hard.

Belgium
Macedonia
Croatia
Serbia
Scotland
Wales

Shouldn't be too hard to finish above Scotland at least.

NFA - Lampard may have had a 100% ball retention rate, it doesn't matter because he only touched the ball about 6 times.

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 06 Sep 2011 21:47

Belgium
Macedonia
Croatia
Serbia
Scotland
Wales

Not aware of the current U21 etc... situ but we really need a young shit hot striker coming through and soon.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Sep 2011 21:49

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal England should still be putting Wales away with ease, even if England were ranked 12th and Wales 60th, which would be more reflective of their actual comparative quality.

Agreed for once.

Wales have 3 or so good players but are pretty dire for the most part.

They are still about the level of a mid to low end Premier League team (top Championship team at worst) taking on a top 4 Premier League side. Quite often they can frustrate and even win games in those conditions.

England reverted back to form tonight though and that certainly gave Wales an easier time of it than they should. As soon as Lampard comes back in, and he and Milner kept getting in each others way (too similar), we go back to insipid football with too many sideways and negative passes and a real of imagination and attacking intent off the ball, let alone on it.

The thing that surprises me most with this team is that we look so easy to get through at times. We give away far too many chances in too many games.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Sep 2011 21:51

Belgium
Macedonia
Croatia
Serbia
Scotland
Wales

And the better you finish this one, and better you do in that one, the easier next Euro's should be because as you climb the rankings you can get to jump out of the bottom pool of teams, then groups get easier.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Sep 2011 21:51

Belgium
Macedonia
Croatia
Serbia
Scotland
Wales

It could be a lot worse. No outstanding teams in that group. Doubtless Wales won't qualify but I'm hoping they may stay in contention beyond the first few qualifiers.Lol.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2011 21:54

Spot on. Lampard, Milner & Barry are just all below par plodders at this level. There was no spark or guile what-so-ever. All huff and puff.

We could cope alright with one of them in the side, it might even be good. But not two or three of them.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 06 Sep 2011 21:55

Frustrating night, started pretty badly but ended the game like a bag of shit. The rest was pretty much 1st gear football for England.
At least we got a home win with a dodgy performance rather than a shite home result.

Let's go back to playing around the country, Wembley's about as useful as a chocolate tea pot to us.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 06 Sep 2011 21:57

Ian Royal Lampard, Milner & Barry are just all below par plodders at this level.

Shocked at myself for saying it but I would keep Barry in out of them, Milner just doesn't cut it for me and Lamps aint exactly the future.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 06 Sep 2011 22:50

Ian Royal Spot on. Lampard, Milner & Barry are just all below par plodders at this level. There was no spark or guile what-so-ever. All huff and puff.

We could cope alright with one of them in the side, it might even be good. But not two or three of them.

Parker is hardly the answer to that though is he? I know you haven't said he is but I don't get the hate of Lampard from most England fans if Parker is the alternative.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 06 Sep 2011 23:04

Is it true a Welsh man has been killed after the game?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 06 Sep 2011 23:07

Breaking: Met confirm Welsh fan in his 40s has died of head injuries following a fight outside Wembley - 6 supporters in custody

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Sep 2011 23:11

leww_rfc Is it true a Welsh man has been killed after the game?

Yep. A guy called Mikey. Cardiff City fan. Apparently attacked by fellow Welsh "fans". I presume this is a Cardiff/Swansea thing. Bloody disgusting and shameful. I hope they catch the scum and quickly.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 06 Sep 2011 23:15

Apalling behaviour, hope they're caught soon. RIP though Mikey

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Sep 2011 23:54

who are ya?
Ian Royal Lampard, Milner & Barry are just all below par plodders at this level.

Shocked at myself for saying it but I would keep Barry in out of them, Milner just doesn't cut it for me and Lamps aint exactly the future.

I thought Milner had a decent game - was there to keep Bale quiet and did exactly that

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 07 Sep 2011 00:34

PEARCEY

Yep. A guy called Mikey. Cardiff City fan. Apparently attacked by fellow Welsh "fans". I presume this is a Cardiff/Swansea thing. Bloody disgusting and shameful. I hope they catch the scum and quickly.

Very sad news.

Still early but looks like the arrested may be from Swansea.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 07 Sep 2011 00:38

PEARCEY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14815693

Utterutterpcunta

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 07 Sep 2011 01:18

PEARCEY

Shocking makes you wonder what would have happened had it been an all Welsh play off final? Swansea fans I spoke to said they would not have gone had Cardiff been there. RIP Mikey.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 07 Sep 2011 07:26

Dire game.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 07 Sep 2011 07:34

Jackson Corner Shocking makes you wonder what would have happened had it been an all Welsh play off final? Swansea fans I spoke to said they would not have gone had Cardiff been there. RIP Mikey.

Well, the police say they do not believe inter-club rivalry was involved, so I don't quite know how you've made the leap from this to possible trouble at a play-off final?

245 posts