Luis Suarez - scumbag

1239 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: Luis Suarez - scumbag

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Apr 2013 12:12

soggy biscuit
No Fixed Abode 'Just waiting for the t-shirts in support of Suarez now.

Doesn't work - it's not BR. :|

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2013 12:39

Wow - Rodgers really lost the plot there.

I can't see the American Owners being very happy with this.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2013 12:45

Royal With Cheese Wow - Rodgers really lost the plot there.

I can't see the American Owners being very happy with this.

"We are shocked and bitterly disappointed," said Rodgers. "It is the severity of the ban which has hurt most. That is something we are bitterly disappointed with.

"I can only compare [it] with similar incidents we have had. We have had two incidents of this type of scenario, both in 2006."

Appearing to refer to the FA's decision not to charge Tottenham's Jermain Defoe for allegedly biting Javier Mascherano, then of West Ham, Rodgers said: "One player received no ban and continued to be chosen by the FA as part of the England squad.

"The second player [Chester defender Sean Hessey] received a five-game ban. As you can imagine whenever Luis Suarez receives a 10-match ban it is very difficult for us to understand and even more so for him.

"If I had more players of a similar mentality we would be in a different position. He has not let me down one bit.

"The standard set by the club - he fell way below that at the weekend. But it does not mean he should be thrown to the garbage, which is what has happened over the last couple of days."

"The boy has worked tirelessly to fit in to the life in this country," said Rodgers. "He has made a mistake and has got a sanction we don't believe fits what he did.

"He loves this country and loves being here. It's arguable he won't have a better season but he has still had that scrutiny and criticism.

"It was too severe for what he's done and that will make you think. At the moment there's shock and anger but when he is a bit more reflective, a sense of reality will set in. He knows the support he will get here, from the management, from the players and the fans, and that will always make him think differently. At this moment he will feel low because of the sanction that's been put on his action.

"Having spoken a lot to him, he is visibly very disappointed. I look in his face and for the first time I can see a genuine guy who is disappointed. It will take time for him to reflect and understand why others have never been punished.

"For us it is a case of supporting him. He is still very much part of our family and very much part of our future. He is very important for us going forward in order to succeed."

"It could have been 12 with six suspended. That shows and tells the player it's unacceptable what he did and everyone knows that but you have to put the carrot in front of the player to help him improve his behaviour and help with the rehabilitation and this has only been punishment.

"There's been no thought of rehabilitation unless something dramatic comes up in the report that tells me otherwise. It's a straight 10 games."

Hardly 'losing the plot'.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2013 13:11

Apart from ignoring all the evidence, the nature of the repeat offense and FA processes to construct a case around this I'd completely agree.

Brendan Rodgers He has not let me down one bit

Yes - a fair and balanced view of the proceedings.

:roll:

It really sums up everything wrong with the game today.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Apr 2013 13:22

Brendan Rodgers is a complete nobhead - as I exclusively revealed to you all back in 2009.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2013 13:46

Royal With Cheese Apart from ignoring all the evidence, the nature of the repeat offense and FA processes to construct a case around this I'd completely agree.

Far from losing the plot, those are the quotes of a manager of a club that wants to hold on to its biggest asset, the words are carefully measured yet imho strike a pretty decent balance between condemning what he did, and suggesting the length of the ban is harsh.

You seem to be confusing 'losing the plot' with just not agreeing with him.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 26 Apr 2013 13:49

FA confirm Liverpool have not appealed against the ban

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2013 14:03

I think that means they will release the judgement now.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Apr 2013 14:15

In backing Suarez Rodgers is making the same mistake Dalglish did and it could cost him in the same manner. He might not have totally lost the plot but he is certainly not a quick learner.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2013 14:24

Suarez is guilty of course, but a stat from the LFC forums which made me :shock:.

The FA has completed 473 disciplinary hearings this season, and found the player guilty on 471 occasions. :shock: :lol:

Might be behind Liverpool's decision not to appeal even only the length of the ban.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2013 15:13

Sanguine Suarez is guilty of course, but a stat from the LFC forums which made me :shock:.

The FA has completed 473 disciplinary hearings this season, and found the player guilty on 471 occasions. :shock: :lol:

Might be behind Liverpool's decision not to appeal even only the length of the ban.

Presumably with 15,000 cameras at every match it's difficult for clubs to argue against most actions taken.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2013 15:18

Sanguine
Royal With Cheese Apart from ignoring all the evidence, the nature of the repeat offense and FA processes to construct a case around this I'd completely agree.

Far from losing the plot, those are the quotes of a manager of a club that wants to hold on to its biggest asset, the words are carefully measured yet imho strike a pretty decent balance between condemning what he did, and suggesting the length of the ban is harsh.

You seem to be confusing 'losing the plot' with just not agreeing with him.

He's lost the plot as far as integrity and honesty and factual statements goes - (You could say that about virtually any manager in the FL and PL- but it's not particularly relevant)
We are not talking subtle nuances here.

Rodgers has made a huge mistake and it will come back to haunt him.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2013 15:21

As I said, a balance between condemning him - which he has done, more than once - and not wanting to alienate the player into demanding a move. I don't think Rodgers played it badly at all - in fact the comparison made on this thread to Dalglish's handling of the previous affair is ridiculous.

Waylenstreet

by Waylenstreet » 26 Apr 2013 15:26

I bet Roger's attitude even caused a sharp intake of breath among the plush sofas in Soho Square.
He was always promoted above his ability and its just another indicator.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2013 15:31

Sanguine As I said, a balance between condemning him - which he has done, more than once - and not wanting to alienate the player into demanding a move. I don't think Rodgers played it badly at all - in fact the comparison made on this thread to Dalglish's handling of the previous affair is ridiculous.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I applaud your well thought out reasoning by ignoring just about everything he said in his defence.

We should just leave it there.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2013 15:32

Do you know what he should have said?

Nothing other than the FA have decided on the punishment and Liverpool Football Club consider the matter closed.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Apr 2013 15:33

Damn! I knew I couldn't leave it there.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2013 15:36

You should be proud of your sarcasm. It is positively dripping from that post.

For a start, Rodgers hasn’t defended Suarez’s actions, you’ve made that up.

Rodgers comments, in order – compare Suarez’s punishment to those received for similar incidents, then condemn his actions, and then talk about what the player means to the club and the club to the player. Yes, on it’s own “he hasn’t let me down at all” doesn’t really scan, he evidently has, but on the whole Rodger’s comments are exactly what I’d expect from a club that wants to hold on to its best player.

Unless you think this is a sacking offence, I’m not sure how you can disagree.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 26 Apr 2013 15:39

Rodgers priority is to Liverpool and Suarez, not the wider world of football mongboarders

no offence intended and all that

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Apr 2013 16:06

There have been managers of that club in past who would've put their responsibility to Liverpool ahead of any feeling towards an individual player. They understood that the club they helped build was far more important than massaging ego's of people like Suarez.

1239 posts