Re: Portsmouth fc

by Franchise FC » 17 Feb 2012 20:14

exileinleeds Yet only 10pts deduction.

So far !

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 Feb 2012 21:50

exileinleeds If anyone else would like some hearty belly laughs or need convincing that we don't actually have the most retarded fans on the planet...I heartily recommend http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... entspage=0

Is it me or are some Pomey fans blaming the FL's Fit & Proper Person's test for their current situation?!? Tell me, if the FL had decided the prev owner was NOT a F&PP, then Pomey would have been down the plug hole 2 years ago!!!

Blimey, with that sort of logic they shuold be vying for Alistair Campbell's old job!

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 18 Feb 2012 08:18

I think its a big assumption that, should pompie not finish their fixtures, their previous results would be "voided". That might have other repercussions!

would bookies want refunded any winnings they paid out for those fixtures?

another approach would be to award a 3-0 to the opponents for each unfulfilled fixture.

This appears to be standard for unfufilled fixtures

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Feb 2012 08:31

I don't think that it is an assumption WW. When Aldershot crashed mid-season, the results were expunged from the records. Same with Accrington back in 1960 or so. Same with Windsor & Eton in 2011 - much to AP's disgust which resulted in Didcot being relegated.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Feb 2012 13:49

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal Finerain, you seem to be confusing transfer fees and wages. Prso signing on a free transfer has nothing to do with part of his wages possibly being paid in untaxed image rights into an offshore account to dodge taxes.

Key word there.

Not really, it may not have been him specifically, but it was definitely some of the players. So had nothing to do with transfer fees as you were trying to make out.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Feb 2012 15:39

Stop pretending to know what you are talking about Ian.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 18 Feb 2012 17:00

Kitson still a Royal... got sent off today as they lost 2-0 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Feb 2012 18:11

FiNeRaIn Stop pretending to know what you are talking about Ian.

I will when you will.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 18 Feb 2012 19:17

Their manager has just been on Sky Sports saying he hopes he will have money for signings, and it will be addressed on monday. Pretty disgraceful that they can hardly pay their tax bills and the players that they already have. Should have a transfer embargo on them as well as 10 point deduction. their execs couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Feb 2012 09:09

I thought teams in Admin did have a transfer embargo automatically applied.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Feb 2012 10:21

Barry the bird boggler I thought teams in Admin did have a transfer embargo automatically applied.

Depends, Pompey were allowed by the PL to bring in players in loan to give them a 20 man squad to ensure they were competitive still - whether the FL will allow the same remains to be seen.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Feb 2012 12:17

Stranded
Barry the bird boggler I thought teams in Admin did have a transfer embargo automatically applied.

Depends, Pompey were allowed by the PL to bring in players in loan to give them a 20 man squad to ensure they were competitive still - whether the FL will allow the same remains to be seen.

Why the hell should they be competitive - seems seriously unfair on the others at the bottom end that have kept within their means. Shouldn't the FL allow Coventry to sign Messi and Ronaldo on loan to make them competitive.

Although, maybe Coventry would need a bit more than that. :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Feb 2012 12:33

Franchise FC
Stranded

Why the hell should they be competitive - seems seriously unfair on the others at the bottom end that have kept within their means. Shouldn't the FL allow Coventry to sign Messi and Ronaldo on loan to make them competitive.

Although, maybe Coventry would need a bit more than that. :wink:

I guess there's an argument that it would be unfair on the teams that have already played them. Particularly those who have lost or drawn. If they just make up a team from pub players and kids they'll get stuffed every week and it's essentially a guaranteed 3 points and +lots to the GD of any team left to play a game against them.

Really they need to survive as a reasonably competitive team (even if it's on a Derby PL level), or cease to exist and have all results expunged.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 19 Feb 2012 14:26

But surely then you could argue that it's unfair for teams who have money as then they have a greater advantage. I know we didn't beat Portsmouth earlier this season but i wouldn't have felt it unfair if Portsmouth were now so weak that other teams had an advantage... This sort of thing happens and we can't try to cover all the bases in making things fair, by giving advantage to steam who have spent well above their means and who havent paid massive amounts of money owed for a few years in a row!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Feb 2012 14:42

Don't necessarily agree with it myself, but I can see the logic in it. Who knows what'll actually happen with the shambles that is dealing with Portsmouth FC.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 19 Feb 2012 15:13

Interesting article on BBC site - I wonder who the player is who is on in excess of £30K a week?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Feb 2012 16:52

Anyone remember what happend to Croydon FC in the early 1990s? They were playing in the Isthmian Division 1and all hell let loose.

The nadir was 1993-94 when broken promises concerning money saw the early season team walk out. Joe Fascione took over as manager and produced a team who performed for nothing but fought hard. Again, the mismanagement of the Club caused these players to walk out in frustration. In stepped local Scottish businessman, Ken Jarvie at the eleventh hour with the players of his Thornton Heath League side, Phoenix Sun, who stepped up nine levels of football :shock: to keep the Club's name alive. Not surprisingly, some very heavy defeats followed and another place was gained in the annals of the Isthmian League, this time for the most goals conceded. Most important of all though, these players allowed the Club to survive a traumatic season, and the tremendous spirit and enthusiasm they showed in adversity also made its mark, as the club was able to re-group during the summer with a new air of optimism.

When you talk heavy defeats, their playing record for the season was as follows:

P42, W3, D3, L36, Goals For 37, Goals Against 198, Points 12

My point is that the club survived. Why should there be any special dispensation towards Portsmouth?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 19 Feb 2012 17:25

Mid Sussex Royal Interesting article on BBC site - I wonder who the player is who is on in excess of £30K a week?

tal ben haim on £38k a week.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Feb 2012 07:41

What gets me is PFC fans saying that it's all the fault of the PL and FL for landing Portsmouth with these problem owners.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 20 Feb 2012 14:01

Stranded

This is apparently why they only named 3 subs on Saturday. Like every Championship club they have a youth team, but apparently during the last administration they felt the Football League punished them for naming youth teamers on the bench as these would then count to the 18 players minimum squad they were allowed.

As they can now claim to have 14 players, they will be looking to sign even more players they can't afford, so they can be allowed to fairly beat the likes of Barnsley and Doncaster for a place in the Championship next season.

Keith Hill, Barnsley Manager 'They've recruited players that I can't afford to recruit and they are paying the type of wages that I could only dream about paying, so how can I have sympathy for any football club who are competitive against me in a league when I haven't got the same advantages as Portsmouth?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ompey.html

1559 posts