Re: Portsmouth fc

by soggy biscuit » 29 Mar 2014 20:26

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 31 Mar 2014 12:48

Badger Finger
bobby1413 Why does everyone (at least 2 people here) detest them so much?

Surely not for thinking they were a huge club
Or for spending irresponsibly
Or for not winning a certain game
Or for muggy supporters

... Or else you'd probably detest 90 other clubs too or at least most premier league and failed premier league clubs

Well...

As a man from Hampshire, Portsmouth is the cancerous arsehole that blights our beautiful county. Full of tattooed simpletons who think they're something special because they live on an island, and that they single handily won every war in the past 500 years because there's a few boats hanging around.

I had the pleasure* of going to university there also. It's not a great place to be. Not a part of the island that I wouldn't say is run down. It's the only time that I've only had any problems being a Reading fan. (Nearly got windmilled a few times outside Fratton station while coming back from a midweek game and walking/running back to my house)

They've barely paid for a thing in the past 20 years. When Mandaric took over, they had some work done on the away end to keep it standing up. That work has still not been paid for as far as I'm aware. The year they won the second tier, they were throwing wages at people like Prosinecki, Merson etc without any thought as to their wages. When they got to the Premier league, they were already riddled with debt. The list of debts is endless as is well publicised.

Fred Dineage. He's a pcunt

The Pcunt with the bell

Steve Claridge. He's a pikey pcunt too.

My idiot sister (The one that no-one speaks to) 'became' a Pompey fan. (After she supported QPR for all my childhood for some reason). She has a fukking massive anchor tattoo on her back apparently. Twat.

There's probably more reasons...

I think i love you after reading that.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 01 Apr 2014 16:26

If Liverpool win the league Pompey get £1m as an add on from the Glen Johnson sale in 09.

Cmon City.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 01 Apr 2014 16:49

Without knowing or understanding the wording of the deal, Johnson was signed on a 4 yr deal 5 years ago. is it likely Liverpool would be still be bound to it :?: - hopefully not.

Isn't this how we fell out with York City over Murty :?:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Apr 2014 17:03

Hammond has certainly 'paid up' those kind of deals, for pennies in the pound, if the other club needed the cash.

Anyway, a million is a drop in Pompey's ocean of debt. They're welcome to it.

C'mon Liverpool

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Apr 2014 19:00

dizzynewheights Without knowing or understanding the wording of the deal, Johnson was signed on a 4 yr deal 5 years ago. is it likely Liverpool would be still be bound to it :?: - hopefully not.

Yer man on South Today has just suggested that as the current lot are about thrice removed from the Pompey at the time that the clause won't apply. What was the source of this story btw? I'm guessing Pompey's version of hob nob's version of Sparta making something up and claiming to be ITK

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 01 Apr 2014 20:51

Silver Fox
dizzynewheights Without knowing or understanding the wording of the deal, Johnson was signed on a 4 yr deal 5 years ago. is it likely Liverpool would be still be bound to it :?: - hopefully not.

Yer man on South Today has just suggested that as the current lot are about thrice removed from the Pompey at the time that the clause won't apply. What was the source of this story btw? I'm guessing Pompey's version of hob nob's version of Sparta making something up and claiming to be ITK

Something I heard on SSN this afternoon...wasn't properly paying attention- but they spoke of his 09 transfer.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 01 Apr 2014 22:40

If this happens it would be more insult to the creditors.But given that the Golden Share was passed to a new entity by the league, let's hope it doesn't have a chance. But then again, this is Pompey, so maybe the league will give them a bonus on top for abiding by the rules for 6 months in a row.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Apr 2014 11:36

Badger Finger
bobby1413 Why does everyone (at least 2 people here) detest them so much?

Surely not for thinking they were a huge club
Or for spending irresponsibly
Or for not winning a certain game
Or for muggy supporters

... Or else you'd probably detest 90 other clubs too or at least most premier league and failed premier league clubs

Well...

As a man from Hampshire, Portsmouth is the cancerous arsehole that blights our beautiful county. Full of tattooed simpletons who think they're something special because they live on an island, and that they single handily won every war in the past 500 years because there's a few boats hanging around.

I had the pleasure* of going to university there also. It's not a great place to be. Not a part of the island that I wouldn't say is run down. It's the only time that I've only had any problems being a Reading fan. (Nearly got windmilled a few times outside Fratton station while coming back from a midweek game and walking/running back to my house)

They've barely paid for a thing in the past 20 years. When Mandaric took over, they had some work done on the away end to keep it standing up. That work has still not been paid for as far as I'm aware. The year they won the second tier, they were throwing wages at people like Prosinecki, Merson etc without any thought as to their wages. When they got to the Premier league, they were already riddled with debt. The list of debts is endless as is well publicised.

Fred Dineage. He's a pcunt

The Pcunt with the bell

Steve Claridge. He's a pikey pcunt too.

My idiot sister (The one that no-one speaks to) 'became' a Pompey fan. (After she supported QPR for all my childhood for some reason). She has a fukking massive anchor tattoo on her back apparently. Twat.

There's probably more reasons...

Did you get bummed by a sailor when you were there?
You forgot to mention Hancock the MP.
Do you think there are more tattooed people than in any of our wonderful cities?
Agreed about Dinenage and his Tory girl daughter.
Why did you go to Uni there when it is so bad?
Shouln't we thank Pompey for letting us have the icon that is Trevor Senior and to a lesser extent ooh-Sammy Igoe.

IMHO nowhere is all bad-where do you live now with no boats and no tatooed chavs?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 02 Apr 2014 11:51

Fucking hell, Badger Finger, think of the boats!

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 02 Apr 2014 12:56

"The cancerous arsehole that blights our beautiful county" - "Full of tattooed simpletons" - "Not a part that I wouldn't say is run down" :lol:

It is what it is, a tough port/working city that took a pasting during the last war hence the cheapo nasty architecture following the destruction of some of the nicer stuff. Agree on PFC though, they've ripped anyone off that cared to deal with them.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Apr 2014 13:41

Royalclapper "The cancerous arsehole that blights our beautiful county" - "Full of tattooed simpletons" - "Not a part that I wouldn't say is run down" :lol:

It is what it is, a tough port/working city that took a pasting during the last war hence the cheapo nasty architecture following the destruction of some of the nicer stuff. Agree on PFC though, they've ripped anyone off that cared to deal with them.

Well said but fans are just fans and can't do much to affect what the b*****d owners do.
It will be interesting to see how the club evolves in the coming years with the fans running the show which is a rarity in our football other than at Palace.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 02 Apr 2014 13:55

Cant get my head round why people from Hampshire would support Reading FC to be honest.

This is our club. A Berkshire club.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Apr 2014 14:13

dizzynewheights Cant get my head round why people from Hampshire would support Reading FC to be honest.

Or even Dorset.
Maybe it could posibly be a connection with Reading like being born in Reading?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 02 Apr 2014 14:22

dizzynewheights Cant get my head round why people from Hampshire would support Reading FC to be honest.

Fukk you.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Apr 2014 14:28

When I was a kid living within 5 minutes of Elm Park I used to believe that the club belonged to us, Reading people, and not to bumpkins from Newbury or Theale or Woodcote or Wokingham.
Then I grew up.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Apr 2014 14:49

Jesus.

Either you guys just can't see the hook in that juicy maggot or you just can't resist

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 02 Apr 2014 15:34

Chuckle

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Apr 2014 19:48

BR2
Royalclapper "The cancerous arsehole that blights our beautiful county" - "Full of tattooed simpletons" - "Not a part that I wouldn't say is run down" :lol:

Well said but fans are just fans and can't do much to affect what the b*****d owners do.

They can disagree with it rather than revel in it.

1559 posts