Swindle Town

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Swindle Town

by Jerry St Clair » 23 Feb 2012 14:58

Want £25 from Cheltenham fans for a ticket to the top of the table clash in two weeks (TBF, this is their normal price - they're not targeting us specifically).

That's £25

For League Two football.

DeLOLusions of grandeur.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Swindle Town

by TBM » 23 Feb 2012 15:04

Jerry St Clair Want £25 from Cheltenham fans for a ticket to the top of the table clash in two weeks (TBF, this is their normal price - they're not targeting us specifically).

That's £25

For League Two football.

DeLOLusions of grandeur.

:?:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Feb 2012 16:12

Yeah it's a joke mate. Best thing to do is befriend one of your current players and get in for free everywhere. #freefootballforall

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Feb 2012 16:58

Who really cares about this pathetic club anyway?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Feb 2012 17:12

LoyalRoyalFan Who really cares about this pathetic club anyway?

Swindon Town fans do.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2012 17:48

TBM
Jerry St Clair Want £25 from Cheltenham fans for a ticket to the top of the table clash in two weeks (TBF, this is their normal price - they're not targeting us specifically).

That's £25

For League Two football.

DeLOLusions of grandeur.

I can't believe he's abandoned RFC :cry:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 23 Feb 2012 19:50

Royal Lady
TBM

That's £25

For League Two football.

DeLOLusions of grandeur.

When they move the ground out of an industrial estate to somewhere with decent pubs, let me stand without fear of persecution and don't deafen me with post-goal music, I might return.

Until then, I'll happily enjoy pre-match pints in the excellent Kemble Brewery Inn before strolling along Whaddon Road to watch a game from a terrace, without fear of being terrorised by a power crazed moron in an orange bib.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 23 Feb 2012 21:05

^^^^^^^FLOUNCË^^^^^^^^

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Feb 2012 21:11

What cost 4th tier football in other countries?

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 24 Feb 2012 01:05

Well, they can still beat the 106 this year so maybe they're trying to cash in on a bit of good form.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Feb 2012 06:31

10539.4 Miles Away Well, they can still beat the 106 this year so maybe they're trying to cash in on a bit of good form.

Only if the draw only once and win the rest - good luck with that

Magnus

by Magnus » 24 Feb 2012 10:47

Jerry St Clair
Royal Lady
TBM :?:

When they move the ground out of an industrial estate to somewhere with decent pubs, let me stand without fear of persecution and don't deafen me with post-goal music, I might return.

Until then, I'll happily enjoy pre-match pints in the excellent Kemble Brewery Inn before strolling along Whaddon Road to watch a game from a terrace, without fear of being terrorised by a power crazed moron in an orange bib.

Sounds gr8. Smashing little club tbf, I was in the away end with the Cheltenham fans at Hayes the year they got promoted from the conference (just looked it up, 1999, blimey where does the time go), they'd secured promotion the previous game. Very much a party atmosphere for the travelling support at Church Road that afternoon, no matter they lost.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 24 Feb 2012 10:50

What happens if Cheltenham get promoted? Pick someone else? Makes a bit of a mockery of the whole calling the team 'us' situation if you ask me.

Glad you're having fun though, that's all we're here for at the end of the day.

Magnus

by Magnus » 24 Feb 2012 10:52

I've never liked the 'us' thing, too tribal.

Ultimately it's entertainment and if you get fed up with it then yeh, stop going and if there's another team you would enjoy watching in the local area then why wouldn't you give that a go?

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 24 Feb 2012 12:45

Abbey Business Stadium Whaddon Road. Get it right.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 24 Feb 2012 16:27

sheshnu What happens if Cheltenham get promoted? Pick someone else? Makes a bit of a mockery of the whole calling the team 'us' situation if you ask me.

It's got nothing to do with promotion/relegation. And not much to do with Cheltenham in particular. I just happen to live here at the moment and all of the things mentioned above make a visit to Whaddon Road extremely enjoyable. If I were in, say, Exeter I'd probably go along and watch them.

The "us" bit is interesting. I'm a little taken aback at the focus on it. I use the term loosely, though I definitely feel a bit of affinity for Cheltenham. If they ever play Reading again, I know which end I'll be going in - the Biscuitmen will always be "my" team.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 24 Feb 2012 18:48

I used to see Nham a bit when I lived there too...

Always good fun...

We cant read and we cant write, but that dont
really matter.
Cos we all come from
Cheltenhamshire and we can drive a tractor

Cheltenhamshire la la la...

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 25 Feb 2012 00:39

Jerry St Clair
sheshnu What happens if Cheltenham get promoted? Pick someone else? Makes a bit of a mockery of the whole calling the team 'us' situation if you ask me.

It's got nothing to do with promotion/relegation. And not much to do with Cheltenham in particular. I just happen to live here at the moment and all of the things mentioned above make a visit to Whaddon Road extremely enjoyable. If I were in, say, Exeter I'd probably go along and watch them.

The "us" bit is interesting. I'm a little taken aback at the focus on it. I use the term loosely, though I definitely feel a bit of affinity for Cheltenham. If they ever play Reading again, I know which end I'll be going in - the Biscuitmen will always be "my" team.

Appreciate the reply Jez, I know the 'us' trap is all too easy to fall into - only really applicable to very local lower league teams (imho) which is what you've got going on. Which is nice :P

Glad you're enjoying the game, too many people don't :!:

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 25 Feb 2012 00:43

btw you're a Liverpool fan as well iirc so despite following a number of teams credit to you for avoiding glory hunting

(LOLiverpool thread :arrow: )

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 04 Mar 2012 17:43

Ed - any idea what's going on at Swindon. Youth team told cannot give out any scholarships for this year. All u16 players now free agents. Future of youth team in doubt? Thought di Cannio was building from the bottom?? Heard anything?

{Ed001's Note - this is something that could happen more and more, the long term returns from the youth team just aren't there any more. Not only is there the issue of losing them on a free, the problem of selling them when the transfer windows are so short and the issue of finances being tight so no one is paying big fees. All in all there are a number of clubs looking to scrap their youth policy and instead concentrate on scouting the local non-league clubs in the area, I believe Swindon are one of those. I am not sure how it will work in the long term, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.}

there are also rumours emerging that swindon could be in financial difficulties once again. i suspect di canio and his new signings are largely the reason for that.