The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR- Gylfi to meet with Zingarevich & McDermott

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2012 15:45

Linden Jones' Tash Does this mean that Church is definitely staying?

can't have Gylfi without his bessie....

Looks like Church has moved on

simon church ‏@churchy18
“@A1F1E9: @churchy18 hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha I love u! I can't wait to cuddle u again like in the gym #imissu” haha neither can I!!!

Loyal Royal Royal

by Loyal Royal Royal » 21 Jun 2012 15:47

Pepe the Horseman
Linden Jones' Tash Does this mean that Church is definitely staying?

can't have Gylfi without his bessie....

Looks like Church has moved on

simon church ‏@churchy18
“@A1F1E9: @churchy18 hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha I love u! I can't wait to cuddle u again like in the gym #imissu” haha neither can I!!!

:lol: :lol:

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 21 Jun 2012 15:48

TheRoyalJoe

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by TheRoyalJoe » 21 Jun 2012 16:07

blueroyals Hoffenheim boss Markus Babbel says he does not expect Sigurdsson to return to Germany but insists Swans remain the only club to have bid.

Swansea is the only club who made an offer. Still, no other club have made one. What Swansea bid is acceptable, we would do that. It’s now about Gylfi and Swansea.

“How far talks are with between Liverpool and Gylfi? I can’t tell.”

They don't have much reason to lie about it either.

I would've thought that if we have bid for him, we would've asked hoffenhiem to keep quiet about it.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 21 Jun 2012 16:10

we should give up then... Gylfi without Churchy.... its unthinkable

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jun 2012 16:34

Swansea were saying at Laudrup's press conference that they don't think he's going there now - he's looking at this options or something.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 21 Jun 2012 16:40

Maguire This thread = fiction

What you mean to say the Yeti is not real?!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 21 Jun 2012 16:56

Reading4eva In a clear show of our power, an extremely good source has informed me that Gylfi Sigurdsson and his agent has agreed to meet with Zingarevich and McDermott. The time and date of the meeting are unconfirmed, but will be by Tuesday afternoon at the latest. This doesnt mean Sigurdsson's final decision will be made on that day, but he will have met with all the interested parties.

BM spoke to GS yesterday. He has agreed to speak to AZ in the next few days, though I'm told not in person.

I fully expect him to go to Liverpool, but Reading are certainly doing their utmost to try and convince him to come here.

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 21 Jun 2012 17:01

Friday's Legacy
Reading4eva In a clear show of our power, an extremely good source has informed me that Gylfi Sigurdsson and his agent has agreed to meet with Zingarevich and McDermott. The time and date of the meeting are unconfirmed, but will be by Tuesday afternoon at the latest. This doesnt mean Sigurdsson's final decision will be made on that day, but he will have met with all the interested parties.

BM spoke to GS yesterday. He has agreed to speak to AZ in the next few days, though I'm told not in person.

I fully expect him to go to Liverpool, but Reading are certainly doing their utmost to try and convince him to come here.

How's the warehouse, Jay you spacker?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jun 2012 17:28

andrew1957 I think this is quite believable. I would be quite surprised if Gylfi did not speak to Brian as they appeared to get on very well.

I don't think that Gylfi's decision is as clear cut as many do. If he goes to a top 4 side too early he risks just being part of a squad - whereas at RFC he would be guaranteed to play if fit. If he takes the short term view then you grab the chance of top 4 now, but taking a longer term view he might be better off at a smaller club for another season or two before making a big move up.

Also there is a real chance that Brendan will be gone by Christmas if he does not make an immediate impact at Liverpool and Gylfi has already suffered from the same thing happening at Hoffenheim.

I am probably grasping at straws but for me re-signing Gylfi would be our greatest ever coup.

Agree, it would be Sidwell syndrome for a much more talented player. He could end up going to a big club, sit on the sidelines and then have to reboot his career lower down the Prem in a year or two.

Or he could go where he's almost guaranteed to be first choice, impress again and force himself into being first choice at a bigger club with his next move.

We're far from favourites and its unlikely, but it is a possibility if we really want it.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Jun 2012 17:40

SpaghettiHoop Daily Mail

Hoffenheim have given midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson a deadline of June 30 to secure a move to the Barclays Premier League.
The Iceland international had been set to complete a return to Swansea, where he spent the second half of last season on loan, for a club-record £6.8million fee.
However, the departure of manager Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool halted the deal before the 22-year-old could have his medical and Anfield now seems to be his preferred destination.
Last week Rodgers admitted he would be interested in signing the midfielder but stressed the player had to first speak to Swansea - who appointed Michael Laudrup as their new boss on Friday.
Sigurdsson's German club, who began pre-season training on Monday, have granted extended leave in order for him to complete a move to England.
'Gylfi Sigurdsson will not be with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for the start of pre-season,' said a statement on the club's website. 'He has, after consultation, obtained a prolonged holiday until 30 June.
'The club wants the 22-year-old to continue to secure a future in the Premier League.'
Hoffenheim head coach and former Liverpool defender Markus Babbel said it was best for all parties if the player had the time to sort out a move.
'Gylfi wants to stay in England and is in negotiations there,' he said.
'Thus it makes no sense for both sides for him to return to Hoffenheim, perhaps only for a few days.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that for about the fourth time.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Jun 2012 17:41

Royal Lady Swansea were saying at Laudrup's press conference that they don't think he's going there now - he's looking at this options or something.

In fact, Laudrup publicly said that Sig should go to Liverpool as they are a big club in Europe.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 21 Jun 2012 17:57

I would imagine that a relegation release clause would be part of the deal were he to sign for us, maybe even possibly a release clause for next summer even if we do stay up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jun 2012 18:12

chilipepper91 I would imagine that a relegation release clause would be part of the deal were he to sign for us, maybe even possibly a release clause for next summer even if we do stay up.

An agreement to be able to talk to certain clubs... ie Utd, Citeh, Arsenal, Bayern, Real, Barca etc.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Jun 2012 19:14

Norfolk Royal
Royal Lady Swansea were saying at Laudrup's press conference that they don't think he's going there now - he's looking at this options or something.

In fact, Laudrup publicly said that Sig should go to Liverpool as they are a big club in Europe.

Cute - he won't want Gylfi at a 'potential' relegation rival.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Jun 2012 20:52

Didier Smith‏@Didz_Rfc

Aparently reports in iceland say the #Readingfc are in pole position to sign gylfi sigurdsson, #prayingitstrue #comehomegylfi

Retweeted by Paddy

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 21 Jun 2012 21:03

#jizz

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 21 Jun 2012 21:05

Sigurdsson playing in behind Pogrebnyak would force milky tears of joy from my third eye.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Jun 2012 21:09

#notgoingtohappensostoptorturingyourselves

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 21 Jun 2012 21:10

Norfolk Royal Didier Smith‏@Didz_Rfc

Aparently reports in iceland say the #Readingfc are in pole position to sign gylfi sigurdsson, #prayingitstrue #comehomegylfi

Retweeted by Paddy

That doesn't mean it's true, only that it's of interest. However, I do know BM spoke to GS yesterday, and the club do have further talks planned in the next few days; but I still can't see past Liverpool.

2243 posts