Dirty LOLeeds

558 posts
Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: Dirty LOLeeds

by Handsome Man » 22 Oct 2012 07:56

In the pitch invader's defence, he was only doing something that a Sheff Wed player had already done in the same penalty area about an hour before. Arrest him and the laws of fairness dictate that Llera (?) should also be arrested, or else it is one rule for highly-paid sporting superstars and one rule for honest working-class lads.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Oct 2012 09:16

Handsome Man In the pitch invader's defence, he was only doing something that a Sheff Wed player had already done in the same penalty area about an hour before. Arrest him and the laws of fairness dictate that Llera (?) should also be arrested, or else it is one rule for highly-paid sporting superstars and one rule for honest working-class lads.

I saw a Sheffield lad repeatedly hit someone on Saturday night too. Kel Brook I think his name was if the Police want to arrest him too.

Although in extreme cases assault on the pitch can, should and have been dealt with by the law there is an acceptance that physical contact will take place when footballers enter the field of play. That then makes it a little different than Joe Public running on and 'attacking' a player.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Oct 2012 09:56

Handsome Man one rule for highly-paid sporting superstars and one rule for honest working-class lads.

:lol: You crack me up! :lol:

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 22 Oct 2012 12:12

Jailed for 4 months

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 22 Oct 2012 12:30

Only a five year banning order, though.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 22 Oct 2012 12:49

4 months prison time = 6-8 weeks on good behaviour. His comfy cell with have a telly, computer console if he's a good boy and he'll spend the day playing pool with his fellow thuggish inmates. What an awful punishment.

He'll be breaking his 4th banning order and be in a football ground near you come February.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 22 Oct 2012 12:57

SPARTA 4 months prison time = 6-8 weeks on good behaviour. His comfy cell with have a telly, computer console if he's a good boy and he'll spend the day playing pool with his fellow thuggish inmates. What an awful punishment.

He'll be breaking his 4th banning order and be in a football ground near you come February.

go live somewhere else then

please

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Oct 2012 13:02

Quick sentencing like this - i.e. offence Friday and in prison come Monday - is that the norm these days?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Oct 2012 13:19

paultheroyal Quick sentencing like this - i.e. offence Friday and in prison come Monday - is that the norm these days?

No trial - what else would you do with him?!

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 22 Oct 2012 13:49

TBH The 5 year banning order will hurt him more.

The jail time wont affect him unless he has a decent job or likes to travel to America/Australia.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 22 Oct 2012 14:08

8 months for wearing an anti police tshirt
6 months for interrupting the Boat Race
4 months for an unprovoked attack

This country.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 22 Oct 2012 14:31

I'm happy to see him jailed. It sends out a strong message. And, yes, the sentencing was very quick. The cynic in me is saying that this could be because the police commissioner elections are coming up or because it is a high profile case the police want to look good.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Oct 2012 14:33

pea
SPARTA 4 months prison time = 6-8 weeks on good behaviour. His comfy cell with have a telly, computer console if he's a good boy and he'll spend the day playing pool with his fellow thuggish inmates. What an awful punishment.

go live somewhere else then

please

Computer console? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He'll have a couple of inch deep matress on a metal framed bed, 1 hard pillow, and a thin duvet, a tv with maybe 5-10 channels, a toilet, a sink, a desk, a chair and a small wardrobe type thing.

Is it hell? No.

Is it comfy? Hell no.

and showing how you know so much about the prison system, it won't be 6-8 weeks. He will serve 2 months and be released on the 22nd December which is 10.5 weeks from today. That's providing he doesn't get into any scraps, which being who he is and who he supports, I imagine will be quite hard.

Oh and he'll also go to Doncaster HMPYOI.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Oct 2012 14:41

Stuboo I'm happy to see him jailed. It sends out a strong message. And, yes, the sentencing was very quick. The cynic in me is saying that this could be because the police commissioner elections are coming up or because it is a high profile case the police want to look good.

Well the Police would have no control over the speed at which it's heard in court.

The speed it would be dealt with is pretty much in the defendant's and his solicitor's hands. E.g. pleading guilty early, admitting the offence whilst in a Police Station. If he did that then it would be really easy to rush through, however could be delayed for mitigation or a probation report etc...

The public interest factor in these cases are hugh also.

People saying (not necessarily on this board) that it's crazy someone gets X months in prison for comments on twitter or a T-shirt in a public place should understand the following:

The public interest factor and media attention in those are huge. That IS relevant. Forgetting whether it's right or wrong to prosecute those people, sentencing should reflect it's impact on the victim and community. So sending out these hard messages (especially football violence - not to mention breach of orders) is essential.

Royalist

by Royalist » 22 Oct 2012 14:52

Remember when Sheffield Wednesday were relegated at home to Palace last day of the season live on bbc? Palace players being chased by dozens and hit yet no jail time for that. I think the media, and fans, just want to give football a kicking at the moment. Not to say i don't agree with the mood at the moment but it does seem some sort of tide has turned.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Oct 2012 15:01

Royalist I think the media, and fans, just want to give football a kicking at the moment. Not to say i don't agree with the mood at the moment but it does seem some sort of tide has turned.

About time.

Contrast the likes of Terry, Cole, Suarez, Cawley, Serbia etc with the mood created by the Olympics this summer.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 Oct 2012 15:07

A friend that I work with was at the game the other night and said that trouble was brewing well before half time.

The banter was far from friendly by either set of fans and it built and built a nasty atmosphere as the game went on. He was suprised that more Leeds fans didn't end up on the pitch when they scored.

Not the best of choices to have two of the best supported teams in the league with a local rivalry and a very high potential for trouble, play on a Friday night!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 22 Oct 2012 15:56

Stooper 8 months for wearing an anti police tshirt
6 months for interrupting the Boat Race
4 months for an unprovoked attack

This country.

You forget suspended jail sentence for theft from a dead man

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19968744

Or growing cannabis in the loft

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/national ... s_in_loft/

Or child abuse

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/po ... ng-1371152

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Oct 2012 16:02

leicsRoyal A friend that I work with was at the game the other night and said that trouble was brewing well before half time.

The banter was far from friendly by either set of fans and it built and built a nasty atmosphere as the game went on. He was suprised that more Leeds fans didn't end up on the pitch when they scored.

Not the best of choices to have two of the best supported teams in the league with a local rivalry and a very high potential for trouble, play on a Friday night!

Yet Warnock maintained "the game was played in a brilliant atmosphere". Clueless twat. (Him, not you or your friend!)

Royalist

by Royalist » 22 Oct 2012 16:15

To be honest it was an old fashioned atmosphere and i doubt he was listening clearly to the lyrics. The fact is football does not live in a bubble from society. It's just society + beer + tribalism. To pretend its a 'football problem' is totally missing the point.

558 posts