Football analysts on TV

437 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Football analysts on TV

by LUX » 29 Jun 2012 08:29

WHATTHEFUCK was Martin Keown on BBC last night for? He asserted, down on the pitch at half time and again at full time, that the Germans were "arrogant". Then, apparently, he was cross at full time "because the Italian players were celebrating in the corner. Typical Southern emotional Europeans" etc etc.

Vialli and Klinsmann, speaking a foreign language, were fantastic to listen to (especially Vialli imo), full of insight and humour. Please please please BBC can we have Vialli on MOTD next season.

Bring Back The SB

Re: Football analysts on TV

by Bring Back The SB » 29 Jun 2012 09:22

Keown is one of the worst pundits I've ever heard. He is a disgrace.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 29 Jun 2012 09:30

I’ve never met anyone who actually likes either Keown or Lawro, so I genuinely don’t understand how they’re still on the BBC. Keown is a complete fukking idiot and Lawro clearly thinks he’s the smartest and funniest person around, with his inane fukking comments.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 29 Jun 2012 09:39

Mowbray (looking at sad German female fan): Poor girl

Lawro: You never know, she might be rich.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Jun 2012 09:45

Vialli last night did to this country's pundits exactly what Pirlo did to its footballers.

Next time you hear a pundit say England's football is behind the times, the irony meter will blow off the charts.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Jun 2012 09:50

Completely agree, embarrassing how much more eloquent and knowledgeable Klinsmann and Vialli were last night compared to the two English morons on the right.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 Jun 2012 09:57

The biggest shame was that Hansen wasn't there to somehow make out that Balotelli actually played badly :roll:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Jun 2012 10:09

Lawrenson makes me actually shout at the television.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 29 Jun 2012 10:47

LUX Mowbray (looking at sad German female fan): Poor girl

Lawro: You never know, she might be rich.

Lawrenson is now beyond parody - if the BBC had any nous left, they would get rid of the mock Scouser and Alan "What has Balotelli ever achieved?" Shearer now, together with the plain embarrassing Keown and simply employ a few Johnny foreigners (sic) who are more eloquent in our language than any actual Englishman (or plastic Paddy Scouser).

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 29 Jun 2012 10:49

Lee Dixon, Danny Mills and Stan Collymore are all be infinitely better British pundits than Lawro, Hansen and Shearer IMO, but aren’t big enough names for the BBC (Dixon aside obviously).

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 29 Jun 2012 11:26

I just find it staggering the BBC and ITV come up with such clueless inbeciles in the box. There is a long list of ex players and managers who've done the job and been excellent. People who really know the game and make it worth watching. David Pleat for example, an excellent co commentator. Even the guys who cover ESPN games in Europe like Tony Dorigo offer valuable insight.

So why do they stick with Uber twats like Lawro? Its like the deliberalty try to make an embarrasssing mess of it. I swear they could get someone like John Mackie in and make a better go of it.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 29 Jun 2012 11:31

as an aside...there were many that glibly dismissed jurgen as "in the frame" for the hot seat at white hart lane,and of course it may never happen...but i think more than a few might have reappraised their mind set after listening to him of late via the bbc.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 29 Jun 2012 11:41

There is a reason why most of the British pundits have never made it as managers...they don't really have a clue.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Jun 2012 11:45

Super_horns There is a reason why most of the British pundits have never made it as managers...they don't really have a clue.

All this praise for Vialli must seem a bit weird given the utter balls up he made at your place mate.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Jun 2012 11:48

Tony Le Mesmer David Pleat for example, an excellent co commentator.

Agreed. But he's a bit of a rumpled old man and that counts him out for TV of course. Similar applies to Graham Taylor these days I guess.

I too have been impressed by Danny Mills, which has taken me by surprise a bit.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 29 Jun 2012 11:52

Dixon, Mills and The Neviller are all very good.

Obviously something about right-backs.

Apart from Murty, obviously.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Jun 2012 11:52

Danny Mills has got a lot better IMHO. I've heard him on the radio a lot during Euro 2012 and he's been the pick of the ex-pros they've had on there.

I have to go back to Lawrenson though. Get rid, just get rid.

Lee Dixon can stay.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 29 Jun 2012 11:53

Problem with Lawro and others is that they add as much as your mate down the pub. "Oh he should have done better there." End analysis, snide remark as if Lawro would have rainbow flicked it before volleying home off post and crossbar. A co-commentator is meant to do exactly that. An analyst is meant to do exactly that. Yet he can do neither.

Martin "LISTEN" Keown just spouts cliché after cliché without ever really adding any analysis. Mark Bright sounds like the overly enthusiastic kid on work experience desperate for a job.

And God forbid they get something wrong. "He should be getting on the end of that as a striker" - replay shows ball took massive deflection out of his path - "well there's a slight touch off the defender there but still..."

Lineker-Shearer-Hansen-Lawrenson is just one big pals club, I've noticed it more and more as the tournament has gone on that one of them in the studio will crack a joke that NOBODY AT HOME understands but they'll still chuckle on to themselves. Typical Beeb nepotism really.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Jun 2012 11:53

Bandini Dixon, Mills and The Neviller are all very good.

Obviously something about right-backs.

Apart from Murty, obviously.

Neville is decent in the studio but his voice really gr8s on me when he's co-commentating. Far too high pitched.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Jun 2012 11:59

chilipepper91 Problem with Lawro and others is that they add as much as your mate down the pub. "Oh he should have done better there." End analysis, snide remark as if Lawro would have rainbow flicked it before volleying home off post and crossbar. A co-commentator is meant to do exactly that. An analyst is meant to do exactly that. Yet he can do neither.

Martin "LISTEN" Keown just spouts cliché after cliché without ever really adding any analysis. Mark Bright sounds like the overly enthusiastic kid on work experience desperate for a job.

And God forbid they get something wrong. "He should be getting on the end of that as a striker" - replay shows ball took massive deflection out of his path - "well there's a slight touch off the defender there but still..."

Lineker-Shearer-Hansen-Lawrenson is just one big pals club, I've noticed it more and more as the tournament has gone on that one of them in the studio will crack a joke that NOBODY AT HOME understands but they'll still chuckle on to themselves. Typical Beeb nepotism really.

I read somewhere that Linekar demands that these old mates of his are given the gig, and what Linekar wants, Linekar gets at the Beeb.

437 posts