You've got to feel for Coventry fans...

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
me

You've got to feel for Coventry fans...

by me » 14 Nov 2014 12:15

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: You've got to feel for Coventry fans...

by handbags_harris » 14 Nov 2014 17:50

Not the first time this has happened. Swindon had the same a few seasons ago, think they had just patched a Swindon badge over a Bristol City badge or something similar.

That said, while companies are always seeking to reduce costs and maximise profits (nothing wrong with that per sé), it's a schoolboy error and all rather pathetic of the shirt manufacturing companies to think they can get away with flogging recycled goods with obvious rival club patterning woven into the material.

All this is just another reason why I dearly wish each club went to the shirt manufacturers and collectively said "give us a unique design", just like the old days. Nobody wore the same shirt as us pre 05/06, only after that were templates first used including our own which was used by Yeovil as well as us.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Nov 2014 15:42

This bit made me laugh......

“First they took the team out of Coventry and now they're using the sponsor's logo of one of our rivals on merchandise in the club shop.

As if.

:D

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 19 Nov 2014 15:46

TBF Cov fans do have a real dislike of/rivalry with Leicester despite the difference in league positions, I don't remember the reasons for it though.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Nov 2014 16:05

Brum Royal TBF Cov fans do have a real dislike of/rivalry with Leicester despite the difference in league positions, I don't remember the reasons for it though.

I don't know the reasons either.

However a Leicester fan I know said their biggest rival is Coventry. More so than Nottingham or Derby.

He didn't say why though

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 19 Nov 2014 16:26

WRTTOP

No, you don't have to feel sorry for them. Horrible little club, thinking they are much bigger than they are.

*awaits Kes' response*

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2014 11:10

Brum Royal TBF Cov fans do have a real dislike of/rivalry with Leicester despite the difference in league positions, I don't remember the reasons for it though.

Coventry's traditional big rival was Aston Villa, who no longer give a oxf*rd about them.

Traditionally, Leicester's biggest rival was Nottingham Forest, but they're more interested in Derby.

Obviously Coventry and Leicester are 20 miles apart so geography has some input but it smacks of a rivalry of convenience because no one else gives a toss about them, a bit like Bournemouth's "rivalry" with us

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 20 Nov 2014 23:49

Before they broke into the big time, Coventry and Northampton had a pretty strong rivalry in the 50s and 60s. I know some senior Cobblers supporters that absolutely hate them and were apoplectic when they ended up playing their home games at Sixfields.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 21 Nov 2014 09:39

bobby1413

I don't know the reasons either.

However a Leicester fan I know said their biggest rival is Coventry. More so than Nottingham or Derby.

He didn't say why though

That's bollocks though.

No one bats an eyelid when Cov come to town. Forest or Derby, and the whole place goes into lockdown.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Nov 2014 12:51

You've got to feel for Coventry fans.....living in Coventry :(

One of the very few places I have been to where I thought 'y'know I'd much rather be in Reading.....'

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1