Do you rate HRK?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 155
semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

Re: What is the point in HRK

by semtex1871 » 14 Apr 2015 22:46

Fucking useless once again..

...will not challenge for the ball, never makes a run into space, never tracks back to defend.....spends the whole match telling others what to do. The only time he does anything of note is when he sees a sub being readied so he doesn't go off - once the subs on and he's safe he goes back to normal....

He is shite.......

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 14 Apr 2015 23:05

Absolute & utter bag of shite.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2015 23:06

I don't like these threads but happy to see the back of him this summer. Is he out of contract in June? I really hope so!

download

by download » 14 Apr 2015 23:17

He needs to close players down. He gives the opposition too much time on the ball. I want to see him busting a gut to get in the box. A times he resembles me plodding along doing the Reading Half.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Apr 2015 23:28

Yup but re-tweeting all the abuse that can be found is pretty twatish.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 14 Apr 2015 23:31

Who will take him? I'd be happy to see us get rid of 10-15 players this summer but it's not going to happen. Be realistic, nobody will take this drek. And we can't just go and buy players because of FFP. Need to sell first.

The reality is we'll need to stick with what we've got for 2-3 years until we can turn the squad over naturally with players going out of contract. There is no quick fix whilst FFP is still around.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2015 23:38

He's tied in until 2016. Balls.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Apr 2015 23:53

Royal Ginger Yup but re-tweeting all the abuse that can be found is pretty twatish.

Yep, but that's what I am.

I didn't once write his name into my timeline.

That's an aggregation of views.

Retweets aren't necessarily a sign of endorsement. Etc. Etc.

:lol:

Roll on 2016.

If you're reading. Hi Hal.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 15 Apr 2015 00:00

Useless pile of shite get rid asap

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Apr 2015 00:09

Kept shut about this but after tonight, he really can fcuk off

I really hope SC does what is best and drop him for saturday!!!

Mackie and Mcleary behind Pog!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Apr 2015 00:35

Tbf to him he's not even the worst Welsh player in the team.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Apr 2015 01:08

He's even useless at being Welsh.

#WelshasaZebra

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 15 Apr 2015 01:39

Having a terrible season. Abuse is harsh though, and a bit embarrassing really.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 15 Apr 2015 08:10

urz13 Having a terrible season. Abuse is harsh though, and a bit embarrassing really.

Yes he is. No it's not. Yes he is.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Apr 2015 09:00

download He needs to close players down. He gives the opposition too much time on the ball. I want to see him busting a gut to get in the box. A times he resembles me plodding along doing the Reading Half.

Expect him to see him do that on Saturday, closing people down that is, although admittedly it's not his forte
Didn't go last night, but I thought he was pretty good v Blackburn, looked much happier playing centrally.

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 15 Apr 2015 12:39

He's god awful in the league, it's as if he actually DOES only shine in the cup. Just put McCleary on the left and someone else on the right. Or get Convey or summat.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Apr 2015 13:04

Not watched much of the recent boring clueless mess Steve Clarke is churning out in the league. But thought HRK saw a lot of the ball in the home leg of the FA Cup fixture against Bradford and looked decent.

IMO he's probably a player who's performance is based on motivation, and the league ties just aren't doing it for him.

Stick him in the side on Sat, let him score the winner and take the cup in the final, then sell him for whatever bunce is offered on the back of that.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Apr 2015 13:10

HRK has been asked to do a job in a number of positions this season and has continued to fail.

The left wing is by far his best position as he beat players and can deliver a great cross into the box.

I get the feeling his Reading career maybe nearing the end!!

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 15 Apr 2015 14:10

He can't even beat a man anymore. Used to be a big fan, and not overly fond of his abuse, but he really needs dropping as a kick up the arse. It's almost like Clarke has noted his caps for Wales and thinks having a bog standard international player in the team will benefit us/ That said if he plays and scores on Saturday fair enough, he's done well for us in the cup. And if his contract runs til 2016, it's down to Clarke to get something out of him over the summer. If not, definitely no renewal, and we won't be able to sell.

As usual, can't stand the majority of fans booing and ironically cheering when he's subbed. The argument of "I pay my money" etc is irrelevant. When you buy your season/match ticket, you know what you've let yourself in for, it's a risk, every season, every match.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 15 Apr 2015 14:38

As Woodcote says in another topic, this player is the softest of softies.
As soon as he came off and Danny Williams came on we started doing what we should have done from the start and definitely need to do v Arsenal-get in their faces.
We aren't going to out pass a team even like Bournemouth and have no chance of doing so against Arsenal so we need to chase and harry for the whole of the 90 minutes (or more?) and this player just can't / won't do it.

People talk about his performances in the cup-a pass v 10 men Derby playing half of their reserve team and a reasonable game against lowly Bradford (remember also the pathetic falling over at their place?)

As for his games for Wales I have seen most of them and he hasn't been that special (is it 1 or 2 goals in 20 odd games?)-he benefits from Bale taking the attention of sometimes up to 3 opposition defenders leaving our man in acres of room and with nobody getting physical and tackling him.

On the pitch (I have no idea what he is like off the pitch) the man is a coward and I don't want to see cowards in a Reading shirt regardless of whether 2 or 3 times a season the player makes a decent contribution.
BTW what on earth makes Clarke think that he can play as a central/ left-sided midfielder with a responsibility for closing down the opposition?
Harry Arter hardly had to break sweat last night and was able to walk past our man unchallenged .
It wasn't good enough and hasn't been all season and he is the modern day Michael Meaker (wasn't he Welsh?).
Newport or Wrexham might want him-pay up his contract and get rid.

881 posts