Hal Robson-Kanu

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hal Robson-Kanu

by genome » 01 Sep 2016 13:25

No Fixed Abode
genome Of course they're bigger, just thought it was a pretty lame WUM attempt

Stating a fact is wumming. Ah right.

LOL Kes, don't try and deny it wasn't a thinly-veiled attempt to wind someone up :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2016 14:56

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Hendo You know what really winds me up and it isn't just associated with HRK but there seems to be a lot of HRK chat on GetReading today so now seems a good time to raise this.

Its GetReading putting articles online about every ex-reading player being involved with a transfer. There was one about Marriappa - he hasn't played for us for 4 years and he wasn't here for more than a season. I don't care!! Same with some of the loan players we had last year... unless it directly has an impact on the club, why report it?!

Not much else to write about?

Then don't write anything. Marriappa has nothing to do with RFC anymore, its just pretty pointless but it still gets on my wick.

Whilst I agree on not enjoying articles that bare no relation to us as we currently are I don't think a website could survive if they didn't have something new up everyday.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Sep 2016 15:48

NewCorkSeth
Hendo
NewCorkSeth Not much else to write about?

Then don't write anything. Marriappa has nothing to do with RFC anymore, its just pretty pointless but it still gets on my wick.

Whilst I agree on not enjoying articles that bare no relation to us as we currently are I don't think a website could survive if they didn't have something new up everyday.

That is true, although you have to remember that GetReading isn't solely a football paper :wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2016 15:54

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Hendo

That is true, although you have to remember that GetReading isn't solely a football paper :wink:

Oh... :oops:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Sep 2016 16:56

genome
No Fixed Abode
genome Of course they're bigger, just thought it was a pretty lame WUM attempt

LOL Kes, don't try and deny it wasn't a thinly-veiled attempt to wind someone up :lol:

I think this is thinly veiled attempt of you saying West Brom aren't much bigger tbf tbh. 8)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Sep 2016 18:01

Stockport Royal http://www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=19039.0

Some West Brom fans are now considering ceasing their support of the club altogether following Hal's arrival.

Did they not see THAT goal at the Euro's?

Blimey-talk about underwhelmed.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Sep 2016 22:23

Had his pick of offers from all over the world apparently and he plumps for the West Midlands.

Not surprised Baggies fans are fuming.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2016 22:52

No Fixed Abode
genome
No Fixed Abode

I think this is thinly veiled attempt of you saying West Brom aren't much bigger tbf tbh. 8)

You agree it was a WUM attempt then 8)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Sep 2016 07:47

From Despair To Where? Had his pick of offers from all over the world apparently and he plumps for the West Midlands.

Only wound up there as, apparently, they are another club desperate for players and which couldn't complete another 3/4 signings on deadline day. Seems Nicky Hammond has lost his magic....

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Sep 2016 09:17

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2016 10:05

Sutekh
From Despair To Where? Had his pick of offers from all over the world apparently and he plumps for the West Midlands.

Only wound up there as, apparently, they are another club desperate for players and which couldn't complete another 3/4 signings on deadline day. Seems Nicky Hammond has lost his magic....

That's what I mean, you hope for some signings to strengthen the team and you end up with a free transfer from a team in the bottom half of the Championship.

It's all agent spin. The goal against Belgium not withstanding, everyone knows him to be a dreadfully inconsistent player of some, but not outstanding, ability.

He was always going to sign for a desperate team at the arse end of the premiership.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Sep 2016 11:12

will.rfc - I want him and I want to shake his hand and buy him his first pint

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Sep 2016 09:58

Bizarre reference in that article to him being a 'former Swindon Town striker'. He was on loan there briefly 7 years ago !

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 03 Sep 2016 13:19

Sutekh

I think Hammond knows he'll sell him for 3m next summer having signed him for nothing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Sep 2016 17:19

Lacoste
Sutekh

I think Hammond knows he'll sell him for 3m next summer having signed him for nothing.

And Reading will be the buyers :o

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Sep 2016 17:37

Sutekh
Lacoste
Sutekh

And Reading will be the buyers :o

This is Reading you are talking about not Man Utd. :wink:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Sep 2016 22:11

I was thinking the other day about footballers pay. £10k a week, £300k a week - never really thought that deeply about it.

As I've got older though it means more to me. This waster is on how much per week? £25k do you think?

£25'000 a oxf*rd week?! In two weeks he "earns" more than I do in a while year. £100k per month. In two months he could pay off my entire mortgage.

Not surprising most footballers are kuntz.

(End of random post - I'm drunk)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Sep 2016 08:21

£20,000 a week roughly equates to £1m a year.

Put that into context:

Lewis Hamilton (world champion in a bloody dangerous sport) earns £21m a year

Tom Brady (one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time) earns £14m a year

Usain Bolt (multiple Olympic champion and world record holder, fastest man in history) earns £13m a year although that includes sponsorship.

Chris Froome (currently best road cyclist in the world) earns £3m a year

Asamoah Gyan (maybe in the top 50 players in the world at his peak but currently a fat pudding of a man) earns £11m a year.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 04 Sep 2016 10:20

I don't begrudge top sportspeople from earning millions because usually they are one of the top, say, 5 people in the whole world at that thing and they earn their employers and sponsors far more than they get, they are just taking their slice. But where football (as the best example) has gone wrong is where average players/squad players earn millions while earning their employers little or no money at all.

As an example I read before that our very own Danny Williams earns £15k a week so £750,000 a year and £3M over his 4 year contract. Have his performances and image since the start of his contract earned the club more than that to mean he is just taking his slice? You could argue that he helped us not get relegated, but I don't really see his performances as a Danny Williams USP.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Sep 2016 10:55

Winston Smith I don't begrudge top sportspeople from earning millions because usually they are one of the top, say, 5 people in the whole world at that thing and they earn their employers and sponsors far more than they get, they are just taking their slice. But where football (as the best example) has gone wrong is where average players/squad players earn millions while earning their employers little or no money at all.

As an example I read before that our very own Danny Williams earns £15k a week so £750,000 a year and £3M over his 4 year contract. Have his performances and image since the start of his contract earned the club more than that to mean he is just taking his slice? You could argue that he helped us not get relegated, but I don't really see his performances as a Danny Williams USP.

It is all a bit daft, especially as clubs chase the dream of the Premier League or Champions League millions but then just splash it all on paying players more and more exorbitant wages.

It should be about the glory, but it seems more and more it's about the revenue and how much everyone can earn from it.