BROFLighton

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BROFLighton

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2016 16:42

Barcelona of the South Coast currently losing 0 - 2 at home to Brentford. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BROFLighton

by ankeny » 10 Sep 2016 17:07

Best result of the day. :D

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 10 Sep 2016 19:17

Love this, but pissed off because l was about to start my first ever topic...on just this subject.

The arrogance on NSC is amazing. Bunch of deluded, patronising whiners. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea ... e-that-bad

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Sep 2016 19:32

Why do we care though?

Frequent references to Brighton and NSC make us look almost as obssessed as them.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2016 20:54

Ian Royal Why do we care though?

Frequent references to Brighton and NSC make us look almost as obssessed as them.

I think it's human nature to take some degree of solace in seeing arrogance put in its place.

I actually quite like Brighton as a club. Their fans come across as knobs though but I know a bunch of people on the internet isn't necessarily indicative of a real life demographic.

Unless it's an online pedophile ring or something.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Nov 2016 10:32

In 2 of the latest threads on NSC, they have a poll for their biggest threat to second, we come second after Villa.

Now they've started a thread about our December fixtures, talking about how easy our recent run is and we haven't played many decent teams, forgetting that they got completely flustered when we suggested the same about them last season. Now to be fair our recent fixtures have been against teams lower in the league and a sliding Bristol City but you can only beat what is in front of you and to get 5 wins in a row in this division is always impressive.

Oh and yes someone did just make a post saying "Tinpot".

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2016 11:15

They aren't obsessed though!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Nov 2016 11:47

Not quite as obsessed as some of you are with them tbf.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Nov 2016 11:57

I'm so fcuking indifferent to Brighton.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Nov 2016 11:58

sandman Not quite as obsessed as some of you are with them tbf.

Meh, I wouldn't mind them getting into the Prem just because it will further a southern take over of the Premier League in what has been historically for the northerners, especially considering they didn't even let any southern teams in until the 20s.

Their fans are dicks though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2016 16:51

Looked at the north v south constitution of the FL pre 1920 and there is a considerable bias towards the north, which is to be expected as that pagan lot from the midlands upwards were the ones that turned professional first

So looking at the league at 5 year intervals

In 1890 there were 12 members of the FL and 0 southern clubs. Aston Villa and Wolves were the clubs furthest south
In 1895 there was 1 southern club in the FL out of 32 members - Woolwich Arsenal
In 1900 there were 2 southern clubs in the FL out of 36 members ; Woolwich Arsenal and Luton Town
In 1905 there were 2 southern clubs in the FL out of 36 members - Woolwich Arsenal and Bristol City
In 1910 there were 6 southern clubs in the FL out of 40 members; Woolwich Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Fulham, Clapton Orient and Bristol City

By 1915 nothing had changed with still the same 6 southern clubs in the FL with no more joining until the en masse addition of SL clubs in 1920

Given the heavy northern bias in the FL any re-election process probably would have been biased just in terms of clubs wanting localish games.

Also believe that the actual standard of SL football wasn't far off of FL division 1 and that many clubs in the SL were happy to remain in the SL as, like the northern FL clubs, also preferred more local games.

That mindset obviously changed in 1920 though

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 29 Nov 2016 17:58

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Why do we care though?

I think it's human nature to take some degree of solace in seeing arrogance put in its place.

I actually quite like Brighton as a club. Their fans come across as knobs though but I know a bunch of people on the internet isn't necessarily indicative of a real life demographic.

Unless it's an online pedophile ring or something.

You've just blown your chances of getting in here

viewforum.php?f=17

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 29 Nov 2016 21:17

They seem to particularly like referring to us missing out on the play offs on the last day a couple of years ago. Not half as much as I enjoyed them being rinsed at Boro and then Sheffield Wednesday in the plaŷ offs last year, that was much more entertaining.

I see they are also impressed with what a good game Rosenior talks. As anyone who saw Liam play for us in the premier league will confirm, he is better sticking to talking than playing the game.

Half and half flags being sold before a league game against Villa lol.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Nov 2016 17:50

Mr Optimist They seem to particularly like referring to us missing out on the play offs on the last day a couple of years ago. Not half as much as I enjoyed them being rinsed at Boro and then Sheffield Wednesday in the plaŷ offs last year, that was much more entertaining.

I see they are also impressed with what a good game Rosenior talks. As anyone who saw Liam play for us in the premier league will confirm, he is better sticking to talking than playing the game.

Now that is as johnnie-come-lately plastic armchair fan as it gets.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Dec 2016 13:14

Ian Royal
Mr Optimist They seem to particularly like referring to us missing out on the play offs on the last day a couple of years ago. Not half as much as I enjoyed them being rinsed at Boro and then Sheffield Wednesday in the plaŷ offs last year, that was much more entertaining.

Now that is as johnnie-come-lately plastic armchair fan as it gets.

Many on here would love a Reading/Liverpool half and half scarf.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Dec 2016 15:42

Yes kes, very funny. Run along now, there's a good boy.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2016 21:22

ha ha what?
Forest are pathetic , what a TINPOT team and club

I thought our lack of history was what made us tinpot, so now 2 times European Cup winners and former League champions are also tinpot. I suppose their accomplishments pale in comparison to massive Brighton.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Dec 2016 21:23

tidus_mi2 ha ha what?
Forest are pathetic , what a TINPOT team and club

I thought our lack of history was what made us tinpot, so now 2 times European Cup winners and former League champions are also tinpot. I suppose their accomplishments pale in comparison to massive Brighton.

I'm sorry... are you saying that is the comments by Brighton?

How utterly ridiculous... Forest - one of the truely historically great clubs in our division. One of the reasons I love the Championship. Brighton (one fan at least) call them tinpot?!

rob_dawson

by rob_dawson » 02 Dec 2016 21:27

All this "we don't care about them"....

I'm big enough to say that I fcking hate those arrogant, southern, beach loving cnuts. They're the only club I'd actually want to meet up with and sort out our differences.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2016 21:32

Lurking on NSC has turned into somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine, they do come out with some real shite.