VAR

1731 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: VAR

by John Madejski's Wallet » 07 Feb 2021 18:17

Franchise FC
URZZZZ Shouldn’t have given Liverpool a penalty, theatrics from Salah are pathetic

They were, but still a pen unfortunately

I'd really like to see punishment for that, like they've done with the Celtic bloke

2 match ban for simulation even though there was contact and the penalty given. Which is a brilliant idea

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Feb 2021 18:24

John Madejski's Wallet
Franchise FC
URZZZZ Shouldn’t have given Liverpool a penalty, theatrics from Salah are pathetic

They were, but still a pen unfortunately

I'd really like to see punishment for that, like they've done with the Celtic bloke

2 match ban for simulation even though there was contact and the penalty given. Which is a brilliant idea

Yep, love that idea.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Feb 2021 18:24

Winston Biscuit It was a sh*t VAR/ref moment but also disgraceful stuff from Mitrovic too.

Lightly touched on the hooter and his legs collapse beneath him and he rolls around for a while, all to try and get an opponent sent off. What a bellend.

Why are players not spoken to about this? It ruins the game far more than bad VAR decisions IMO

Definite sending off and he defo shouldn't play in the next game!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Feb 2021 18:25

BR0B0T
Sanguine I assumed so, was the only image I could find and would rather fit with the comments on social media along the lines of 'how can he be offside with his hand?' and 'there is no justification possible for calling that offside'.

Can't find a pic from a reputable source i.e one that didn't crop the penalty area of so we can see if the line is correct

At the time on tv it looked close and they were measuring from Fred's knee and Maguire's feet

I may very well be talking out of my arse tho!

That line does look sus as if the perspective is skewed somehow Not convinced it's right.

Struggle to believe a genuine official would call a hand offside.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Feb 2021 18:51

BR0B0T
Winston Biscuit It was a sh*t VAR/ref moment but also disgraceful stuff from Mitrovic too.

Lightly touched on the hooter and his legs collapse beneath him and he rolls around for a while, all to try and get an opponent sent off. What a bellend.

Why are players not spoken to about this? It ruins the game far more than bad VAR decisions IMO

Now I know who West Ham have got next

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Feb 2021 19:32

Franchise FC
BR0B0T

Now I know who West Ham have got next

:wink:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2021 11:50

BR0B0T

Been overturned, not unsurprisingly.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2021 12:34

Hendo
BR0B0T

Whilst it was an abomination of a decision, and correctly overturned, I notice death threats have been sent to Dean and his family

Yes, he's a bit of a knob, but why do people always have to take it this far? Does it really make them feel better?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2021 12:35

URZZZZ
Hendo
BR0B0T

Whilst it was an abomination of a decision, and correctly overturned, I notice death threats have been sent to Dean and his family

Yes, he's a bit of a knob, but why do people always have to take it this far? Does it really make them feel better?

Yeah, that is way too far, doesn't deserve that at all.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Feb 2021 12:59

Hendo
BR0B0T

So you're surprised it was overturned :?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Feb 2021 11:02

Franchise FC
Hendo
BR0B0T

Don't be so double negative eh? :wink:

As for the incident I thought the sending-off was correct.
If the West Ham player had slapped Mitrovic or pushed him away while they were grappling then there would have been no case to answer.
It was however use of the point of the elbow which is dangerous , even if that cheating git Mitrovic made far too much of it so right to send him off for being reckless.

I am surprised the card was rescinded.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Feb 2021 11:05

South Coast Royal
Franchise FC
Hendo

Don't be so double negative eh? :wink:

As for the incident I thought the sending-off was correct.
If the West Ham player had slapped Mitrovic or pushed him away while they were grappling then there would have been no case to answer.
It was however use of the point of the elbow which is dangerous , even if that cheating git Mitrovic made far too much of it so right to send him off for being reckless.

I am surprised the card was rescinded.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Dean doesn't have a lot of friends amongst his colleagues.
Lee Mason and perhaps Martin Atkinson, but few others.

If that rumour is true it, makes it almost certain it was going to be rescinded

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Feb 2021 19:46

URZZZZ Whilst it was an abomination of a decision, and correctly overturned, I notice death threats have been sent to Dean and his family

Dean's from Birkenhead which means for the 5:30 kick offs, he's probably on his third tube of superglue for the day. Would go same way to explaining some of his decisions.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Feb 2021 01:39

Didn’t take long for VAR controversy in the latest round of fixtures - really unsure about Bamford’s goal being “offside”

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Feb 2021 08:00

URZZZZ Didn’t take long for VAR controversy in the latest round of fixtures - really unsure about Bamford’s goal being “offside”

Only seen a still of it. I think is knee is offside, it a close one though.

Did the lino give it offside in real time? I can see exactly why he would if he did, based on the body shapes of the two players.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Feb 2021 09:11

Hendo
URZZZZ Didn’t take long for VAR controversy in the latest round of fixtures - really unsure about Bamford’s goal being “offside”

Did the lino give it offside in real time? I can see exactly why he would if he did, based on the body shapes of the two players.

He did.
Umpires call

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Feb 2021 09:28

Franchise FC
Hendo

He did.
Umpires call

Fair enough then for me. Doesn’t look like a glaring mistake.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Feb 2021 10:36

Hendo
Franchise FC
Hendo

He did.
Umpires call

Fair enough then for me. Doesn’t look like a glaring mistake.

Yep, I would be happy with that as long as it was applied consistently

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Feb 2021 01:33

Hendo

Undoubtedly close - seemed to be the weird lines again though

Three VAR calls today, not convinced they were all right. Agreed with the West Brom red card, fairly obvious

Actually thought the Calvert Lewin one was a penalty too - seemed to be some amazement that it was given but to me, appeared like the leg moved up to stop him

One I didn’t agree with is the Fulham tackle on Bogle, thought it was a clear penalty and surprised they didn’t give it

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Feb 2021 07:55

URZZZZ
Hendo

Undoubtedly close - seemed to be the weird lines again though

Three VAR calls today, not convinced they were all right. Agreed with the West Brom red card, fairly obvious

Actually thought the Calvert Lewin one was a penalty too - seemed to be some amazement that it was given but to me, appeared like the leg moved up to stop him

One I didn’t agree with is the Fulham tackle on Bogle, thought it was a clear penalty and surprised they didn’t give it

Only seen the DCL one and I thought it was a penalty 100%. It might be a bit accidental but DCL makes it 2-0 without a touch there and you see free kicks (and even people sent off) given when someone slips and brings someone down, which is also an accident. It’s still a foul.

1731 posts