5337 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Weekend Football

by Stranded » 05 Nov 2019 10:39

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews Stoke seem to have a load of players who just don't give a single toss any more. It was the sort of tackle that makes it look like the defender had a bet on 0-2.

They have that horrible mix of:

a) players on big contracts who don't want to move/aren't wanted elsewhere
b) loan players who don't really care as they'll be off soon enough (see Cameron-Vickers)
c) players who just aren't good enough or not good enough any more.

They have less points after 15 games than Ipswich last year and Sunderland the year before - it will take a minor miracle to stay up now especially if they lose to Barnsley at the weekend.

Think if they get Pulis back in they will stay up, he can get teams to grind out wins and draws. It will just be dull as oxf*rd for their supporters. if they go down it will kill them so it might be the right time to break the emergency Pulis glass.

I think you underestimate the vitriol there is toward Pulis amongst the Stoke fan base now - he was hated toward the end and nothing that has happened in his career since has made them think he is anything but a dinosaur. There are some fans who would rather go down that have him back at the club.

Doesn't discount it happening of course, but it would have to be successful instantly else the atmosphere at the stadium will get even more toxic.

Their fixture list isn't actually too bad up to Xmas so the right new manager has a chance if they can galvanise them. Fixtures are:

Barnsley (a) 23rd
Wigan (H) 20th
Cardiff (a) 14th
Blackburn (H) 16th
Hull (a) 11th
Luton (H) 21st
Reading (H) 19th
Boro (a) 22nd

So they play the 5 teams directly above them in the current table. Good chance to get off the bottom, or relegated by Xmas.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Nov 2019 17:06

Son's ban overturned.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Nov 2019 17:18

Oh Son's red card has been overturned....... Definitely a red card though eh Sangers?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Nov 2019 17:19

Hendo Son's ban overturned.

What did your boy do wrong?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Nov 2019 17:28

Punny.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Nov 2019 01:34

Old Man Andrews Oh Son's red card has been overturned....... Definitely a red card though eh Sangers?

Just like Miazga was definitely going to get a retrospective ban. Did you ever concede that?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 06 Nov 2019 06:30

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Oh Son's red card has been overturned....... Definitely a red card though eh Sangers?

Just like Miazga was definitely going to get a retrospective ban. Did you ever concede that?

:|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2019 07:42

URZZZZ

He did get a ban.........

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Nov 2019 11:45

I gave my view that I could see why Atkinson made the decision that he did, supported him changing his decision in full view of what had occurred, and that in general I wanted cynical tackles like this treated more harshly. Unlike you I don't set my stall out to be 'right', or 'wrong', so as for the playground sneer, grow the fcuk up.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2019 11:48

Sanguine

I gave my view that I could see why Atkinson made the decision that he did, supported him changing his decision in full view of what had occurred, and that in general I wanted cynical tackles like this treated more harshly. Unlike you I don't set my stall out to be 'right', or 'wrong', so as for the playground sneer, grow the fcuk up.

Lighten up ffs.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Nov 2019 11:53

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine

Lighten up ffs.

You get in so many beefs, OMA. But it's nothing to do with how you post, is it?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Nov 2019 12:38

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine

Lighten up ffs.

Racist

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Nov 2019 21:44

John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Some real humdingers in the F.A Cup this weekend lads. One of the best weekends in the football calender. Could we see a few shocks on the cards? Can the magic of the cup be brought to sunny Malden or Stourbridge?

Bumper set of predictions please.

Dulwich Hamlet v Carlisle
Oxford city v Solihull Moors
Maidenhead v Rov'rum
Stourbridge v Eastleigh
Nantwich v Fylde
Carshalton v Boston
FGR v Billericy
Leyton Orient v Maldon and Tiptree
Hayes v Oxford United

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Nov 2019 20:00

The Enfield Royal71
John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Some real humdingers in the F.A Cup this weekend lads. One of the best weekends in the football calender. Could we see a few shocks on the cards? Can the magic of the cup be brought to sunny Malden or Stourbridge?

Maidenhead v Rov'rum
Stourbridge v Eastleigh
Nantwich v Fylde
Carshalton v Boston
FGR v Billericy
Hayes v Oxford United

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Nov 2019 09:30

The Enfield Royal71
The Enfield Royal71
John Smith

Maidenhead v Rov'rum
Stourbridge v Eastleigh
Nantwich v Fylde
Carshalton v Boston
FGR v Billericy
Hayes v Oxford United

Sorry Enfield, I was away on a long weekend so haven't been on here or been to any football. Certainly didn't see Maldon winning at Orient or Kingstonian thrashing Macc Town. Really looking forward to the draw tonight too.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Nov 2019 13:36

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews .

Alright then it's that time we all live for: Friday afternoon and the dawn of some mouthwatering fixtures across the board. Who needs top flight football when you've got the likes of:

Bolton v MK Dons
Notts County v Barrow
Bradford Park Avenue v Leamington
Tonbridge Angels v St.Albans

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Nov 2019 13:51

John Smith
The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews .

Alright then it's that time we all live for: Friday afternoon and the dawn of some mouthwatering fixtures across the board. Who needs top flight football when you've got the likes of:

Bolton v MK Dons
Notts County v Barrow
Bradford Park Avenue v Leamington
Tonbridge Angels v St.Albans

Bolton v MK Dons - Bolton are slowly getting there after a chaotic start, won their last two. MK Dons on the other hand are in terrible form and way out of their depth. I predict a 2-1 Bolton win

Notts County v Barrow - Both sides on good form near the top of the National League, this should be a really good game and I reckon a high scoring one too! 2-2 draw

Bradford PA v Leamington - Both side have lost their last 4 games, this one will be a scrappy affair. Bradford are firmly rooted to the bottom of the table and I can see Leamington going there and picking up a win. 0-1 Leamington

Tonbridge Angels v St Albans - The bottom two face off in this all important clash. Both sides winning 1 of their last 5 games, not going to be much in this. 1-1 draw

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Nov 2019 11:58

I will put this here because it happened at the weekend...

I met Tony Pulis on Saturday - sat down with him for a couple of hours. He is a lovely bloke. Few interesting stories and where he is at now etc.

The best thing - he was dressed like he shops at Sports Direct - including baseball cap.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Nov 2019 12:00

paultheroyal I will put this here because it happened at the weekend...

I met Tony Pulis on Saturday - sat down with him for a couple of hours. He is a lovely bloke. Few interesting stories and where he is at now etc.

The best thing - he was dressed like he shops at Sports Direct - including baseball cap.

What is he looking to do next? Wales job could come up soon if they don't qualify for the Euros, might get a crack at it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Nov 2019 12:04

Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal I will put this here because it happened at the weekend...

What is he looking to do next? Wales job could come up soon if they don't qualify for the Euros, might get a crack at it.

Always on the lookout - dont think he overly likes the fire fighting tag of coming in and improving a teams position. Would love money at his disposal.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him go off to the States.

5337 posts