Weekend Football

5548 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by URZZZZ » 09 May 2021 18:36

What’s happened to Everton’s attractive football since the start of the season? A win is a win and all that but that was painful viewing, 31% possession

You can see why they get so many away wins playing like that

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 May 2021 08:40

BR0B0T Big win for Chelsea, makes it difficult for the scousers

Not sure it makes any difference, it's Leicester and West Ham Liverpool need to catch

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 May 2021 10:27

Silver Fox

Not sure it makes any difference, it's Leicester and West Ham Liverpool need to catch

Yep and a big week in that sense.

Man United play Leicester tomorrow. If United win, Liverpool know they can close the gap on Leicester to 3 points with a game in hand when they face United on Thursday.

As Leicester then have Chelsea and Spurs to play whilst Liverpool finish against WBA, Burnley and Palace - Liverpool will fancy their chances.

Everton certainly did their neighbours a favour yesterday.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 May 2021 10:29

I know he's not very popular here, but I like him, and I'll actually feel a bit for Brendan if Leicester fall just short again. Just keeping Leicester in the mix the last two years is none to small an achievement.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 May 2021 10:37

Sanguine I know he's not very popular here, but I like him, and I'll actually feel a bit for Brendan if Leicester fall just short again. Just keeping Leicester in the mix the last two years is none to small an achievement.

If they can keep hold of Rodgers this summer and he gets significant funds, there is no reason why they can't leapfrog Spurs and Arsenal to be the permanent "4th best team" for years to come. Spurs are a trainwreck and Arsenal are so pathetic I would give them more chance of being relegated next season than making the top 4.
Although Rodgers wasn't a good fit for Reading, you cannot deny his ability as a coach. Nearly won the league with Liverpool and has made Leicester one of the better teams to watch in the Premier League. You also have to give him credit for the work he has done with Kelechi Iheanacho. He has turned him from a young kid who couldn't hit a barn door to a striker who is unplayable at times. He has also developed James Maddison, Fofana and Harvey Barnes into excellent players.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 May 2021 11:29

NathStPaul
Sanguine I know he's not very popular here, but I like him, and I'll actually feel a bit for Brendan if Leicester fall just short again. Just keeping Leicester in the mix the last two years is none to small an achievement.

If they can keep hold of Rodgers this summer and he gets significant funds, there is no reason why they can't leapfrog Spurs and Arsenal to be the permanent "4th best team" for years to come. Spurs are a trainwreck and Arsenal are so pathetic I would give them more chance of being relegated next season than making the top 4.
Although Rodgers wasn't a good fit for Reading, you cannot deny his ability as a coach. Nearly won the league with Liverpool and has made Leicester one of the better teams to watch in the Premier League. You also have to give him credit for the work he has done with Kelechi Iheanacho. He has turned him from a young kid who couldn't hit a barn door to a striker who is unplayable at times. He has also developed James Maddison, Fofana and Harvey Barnes into excellent players.

Also took Swansea up and maintained a sustainable model there for a number of years in the Prem. His main drawback currently is getting over the “finishing line”, both with Liverpool and Leicester they looked in pole position just to miss out at the last hurdle

Was always going to be tough at us - given that he tried to implement a completely different style of play. Confidence levels were also shot at the time, with us having gone almost four months without a home victory. He made decent signings here, Bertrand and McAnuff most noticeably and he was slowly improving results (only lost 2 of the last 7). Think we’d have reaped the benefits if he’d stayed in the longer term - although I do wonder how much that interview with Dellor caused him to be sacked

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 May 2021 12:49

Silver Fox

Will join the #OleOut camp if he doesn't put out the kids for Leicester or park the first team bus for LFC

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 May 2021 20:05

BR0B0T
Silver Fox

Will join the #OleOut camp if he doesn't put out the kids for Leicester or park the first team bus for LFC

good lad Olé...however, the Premiership's schedule decision must fcuk off LFC, CFC & WH fans

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 14 May 2021 21:25

Liverpool vs Aston villa under 18s in the fa youth cup final.

Louie Barry for villa looks amazing and Liverpool have a polish number 11 who is both footed and plays like Jay-jay okocha just looks utterly oxf*rd insane.

Villa also have the son of a certain Winston Bogarde.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 May 2021 14:23

As much as we all like to hate them, Leeds have been a good addition to the Prem - only team in the League (so far) with 50+goals scored and conceded. They play such an attacking and expansive style - could genuinely seem them pushing for Europe next season if Bielsa stays in charge

Particularly liked Alioski pulling faces at McNeil :)

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 May 2021 18:07

Connahs Quay win the Cwymbru Premier League

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 May 2021 18:40

Bang, have that.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 May 2021 19:08

That var call was a moment that really needed fans

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 May 2021 19:27

Simmops That var call was a moment that really needed fans

Haha, wasn't it. Don't worry VAR, all is forgiven.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 May 2021 19:30

Felt a bit emotional watching the owner come down and get involved in the celebrations there

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 May 2021 19:49

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops That var call was a moment that really needed fans

Haha, wasn't it. Don't worry VAR, all is forgiven.

VAR with fans is oxf*rd amazing, especially when Chelsea get oxf*rd

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2021 13:43

Simmops Connahs Quay win the Cwymbru Premier League

Yay, Reading may be where I grew up but Connahs Quay is where I was born.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 May 2021 16:24

Rhian Brewster must be feeling sick at the moment. 25 games or so without scoring for Sheffield United, and 17 year old Ryan Jebbison goes and does it on his first start.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 May 2021 18:21

Sanguine Rhian Brewster must be feeling sick at the moment. 25 games or so without scoring for Sheffield United, and 17 year old Ryan Jebbison goes and does it on his first start.

Wasn't Brewster your next big thing?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 17 May 2021 20:33

BR0B0T
Sanguine Rhian Brewster must be feeling sick at the moment. 25 games or so without scoring for Sheffield United, and 17 year old Ryan Jebbison goes and does it on his first start.

Wasn't Brewster your next big thing?

Worst signing in god knows how long

5548 posts