by Simmops » 13 Sep 2020 19:58

URZZZZ
Simmops
URZZZZ
Eh?

. Lucas is very good

“Yet again your lack of knowledge is embarrassing”

A bit unnecessary and unprovocative

Yet you wonder why people say things about you. Doesn’t take a genius to understand why

Sorry I thought I was on my OMA login

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SpuROFLs

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2020 11:31

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Can’t see Kane sticking around too much longer

Who is going to spend that sort of money at the moment though? Think he is stuck there, at least for this season.

I think the longer Pochettino is out of work the more these Spurs players will sulk, they want him back. There was a clear connection a friendship between coach and players and they almost seem to have been pining for him since he got the sack.

Part of me thinks that’s true considering how languid they looked today but it wasn’t uncommon of them to put that sort of performance in under Pochettino last season

Just think the entire squad is outdated, the squad hit their peak a few years ago and are only reclining now. They need a big overhaul which I expected in the summer but it never happened

I think they may be declining as well as reclining. :wink:
Although I didn't watch the match in full (flicking over at times to watch the cricket) I thought Spurs were dreadful.

Everton had players who had hardly met but right from the off were easily the better side and could have scored at least two more in the first-half-Richarlison, that's why you are not at a top club.

Age looks to have caught up with Alderweireld and I have never got how Winks and Dier are thought to be good enough for England-both very ordinary players.
Harry Kane won't be very happy when they miss out on Champs League again.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Sep 2020 11:44

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Who is going to spend that sort of money at the moment though? Think he is stuck there, at least for this season.

I think the longer Pochettino is out of work the more these Spurs players will sulk, they want him back. There was a clear connection a friendship between coach and players and they almost seem to have been pining for him since he got the sack.

Part of me thinks that’s true considering how languid they looked today but it wasn’t uncommon of them to put that sort of performance in under Pochettino last season

Just think the entire squad is outdated, the squad hit their peak a few years ago and are only reclining now. They need a big overhaul which I expected in the summer but it never happened

I think they may be declining as well as reclining. :wink:
Although I didn't watch the match in full (flicking over at times to watch the cricket) I thought Spurs were dreadful.

Everton had players who had hardly met but right from the off were easily the better side and could have scored at least two more in the first-half-Richarlison, that's why you are not at a top club.

Age looks to have caught up with Alderweireld and I have never got how Winks and Dier are thought to be good enough for England-both very ordinary players.
Harry Kane won't be very happy when they miss out on Champs League again.

Kane looks unfit, unhappy and unwilling at the moment.

Same as he did for England in the last two games

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Sep 2020 14:03

Don't worry though, thanks to Amazon, Jose has someone new to blame for his shortcomings

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Sep 2020 18:09

Bale confirmed.

Hope he stays fit, great to watch when he is in full flow.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Sep 2020 15:34

Four goals for Son, four assists and a goal for Harry Kane. Add a fit Bale to that and that's got to be the best front 3 in the league, maybe barring Liverpool?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Sep 2020 15:57

genome Four goals for Son, four assists and a goal for Harry Kane. Add a fit Bale to that and that's got to be the best front 3 in the league, maybe barring Liverpool?

Comparable with Liverpool, but with Lucas and Bergwijn as options too. I'd actually say their squad is looking pretty handy. Hojberg, Doherty and Reguillon are astute signings, and if Ndombele and Lo Celso can kick on this season they should finish in the top 4.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2020 19:28

genome Four goals for Son, four assists and a goal for Harry Kane. Add a fit Bale to that and that's got to be the best front 3 in the league, maybe barring Liverpool?

Salah and Mane are in a different league to Son and Bale imo. That's no disrespect to the two of them, they are both fantastic, just an indicator of how good Mane and Salah are.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Sep 2020 08:46

(still) just putting it out there that I am bemused by all the Bale excitement. People are behaving like prime Ronaldo has moved to the PL rather than an injury prone 31 year old that has looked pretty poor in the limited number of games he has played in the last 2 years.

obv very much hoping I am wrong though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Sep 2020 09:16

Winston Biscuit (still) just putting it out there that I am bemused by all the Bale excitement. People are behaving like prime Ronaldo has moved to the PL rather than an injury prone 31 year old that has looked pretty poor in the limited number of games he has played in the last 2 years.

obv very much hoping I am wrong though

To be fair he wasn't exactly in a great environment, frozen out of the squad, other players disliked him, fans hated him (bizarrely)

He's in a much better place now. Might take him a few weeks to gain match fitness but I think he'll partner with Kane very nicely, especially if Kane continues to play like prime Pirlo

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 21 Sep 2020 10:33

Old Man Andrews Hope he stays fit

Isn't he already injured? Or was that just an excuse put out by Bale/Madrid* once he'd got back from International duty.

* delete where applicable

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Sep 2020 10:33

6ft Kerplunk

Isn't he already injured? Or was that just an excuse put out by Bale/Madrid* once he'd got back from International duty.

He got injured in the last Wales game he played in. Might have something to do with him carrying 10 other players on his back.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Sep 2020 12:34

6ft Kerplunk

Minor knee injury, probs about 3 weeks

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 14:35

Spurs scored 23 goals in their last six games, including two of these games with them only scoring one, they seem to be on fire offensively

Of course all those who said Mourinho was boring and defensive have crawled away back into their shells and will no doubt reappear if they begin to struggle again

Mourinho is known for having very successful second seasons at clubs so will be interesting to see how they fare this season

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Oct 2020 15:15

13 of those goals were in 2 games against second rate European teams mind you

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Oct 2020 15:17

URZZZZ Spurs scored 23 goals in their last six games, including two of these games with them only scoring one, they seem to be on fire offensively

Of course all those who said Mourinho was boring and defensive have crawled away back into their shells and will no doubt reappear if they begin to struggle again

Mourinho is known for having very successful second seasons at clubs so will be interesting to see how they fare this season

What was surprising about Sunday was that Spurs were playing something like their 4th game in 10(?) days and yet were at their very best with Kane looking as fresh as a daisy having played in 3(?) of those games.

Players much prefer playing to training so hopefully this result in particular puts to bed the view that fit athletes need the rest that managers keep moaning about.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Oct 2020 15:18

Silver Fox 13 of those goals were in 2 games against second rate European teams mind you

:D :D

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 17:07

Silver Fox 13 of those goals were in 2 games against second rate European teams mind you

10 but I take the point

Still a decent record for someone who’s so “defensive” (as I’ve heard on here and in numerous places)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Oct 2020 17:10

URZZZZ

10 but I take the point

Or miss it a bit?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 17:11

Silver Fox
URZZZZ

10 but I take the point

Or miss it a bit?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

884 posts