SpuROFLs

884 posts
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SpuROFLs

by Brum Royal » 06 May 2021 23:20

NathStPaul
Brum Royal Spurs fans understandably up in arms about being charged a flat £60 a ticket (plus booking fee) for a 6pm game v Villa next week

Then they shouldn't go, make a stand.
I understand the complaints about the cost of football but until supporters completely stay away the big clubs won't change. They charge £60 because they know people will pay it.

Quite. The Twitter feed I picked that little bit of news up from is full of comments along those lines, and stating Spurs have missed a PR opportunity here (Arsenal charging £25 for their single fan fixture). Interesting to see what % of those 10k seats are sold.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 May 2021 00:31

Looks like Dier returned to true form this weekend, culpable at least partially for all three of Leeds goals. With Mings also suffering a fall in performance levels, could create a window of opportunity for other CB’s in the squad for the Euros

Looks like Spurs were battered on the weekend, I thought bringing Alli and Bale were the key to propelling them up the table :wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 May 2021 00:56

Anyone able to explain what Alli and particularly Winks offer? Used to rate Winks but such a passenger nowadays, genuinely offers no redeeming features to the team

They were dreadful tonight, may end up even finishing behind Arsenal

Even if it was at the point where Jose had to go, not sure Mason was the right call, whilst 3-0-3 isn’t a disastrous record, they may end up in a situation without any form of European football now next season

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 May 2021 10:00

Well that solo lap of honour by Harry Kane sure looked like a goodbye to me, he`ll be 28 in July, the clock is ticking. they interviewed a couple of Spurs fans on SSN just now and they were of the opinion that Levy will hold out for a £150 million then if he doesn`t get it he could be there next season with quite possibly no European football.
After what he`s given them over the last 7 seasons that would be an insult to his legacy.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2021 10:07

Do you think Levy cares about insulting anyone or their legacy?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 May 2021 10:16

Watching that nonsense yesterday it's clear Spurs need a top to bottom rethink. Maybe selling Kane for £150m is the only way to do that :?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2021 10:24

genome Watching that nonsense yesterday it's clear Spurs need a top to bottom rethink. Maybe selling Kane for £150m is the only way to do that :?

First thing they should do is offload Dier and Alli. I watched the game yesterday and every time there was a close up of Dele Alli he was trying to have a chat with Grealish with his hand over his mouth smiling and joking around. What is that? Save it for after the game! He's an extremely talented player but his attitude and focus will hold him back. He needs to get serious and knuckle down and I don't think that should be at Spurs, he has gone as far as he can there.

As for Eric Dier, I mean wow. Just horrific.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 May 2021 10:27

I'd keep Dele and give him one more chance under the new manager next season. He's still got that bit of magic in him and maybe a new manager can help him sort his head out. Jose just wasn't the right fit for him.

The following players can fcuk off:

Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Doherty

Should be nowhere near a European-level club

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 May 2021 10:32

I`m no Spurs fan but I`ve never seen what anyone sees in Dier, and as for being international class, have a word with yourself Gareth Southgate.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2021 10:34

If Southgate calls up Dier then he needs his head seeing to. I can't think of many players who have had a worse season than him.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 May 2021 10:35

NathStPaul If Southgate calls up Dier then he needs his head seeing to. I can't think of many players who have had a worse season than him.

Lee Collins?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2021 10:38

Brogue
NathStPaul If Southgate calls up Dier then he needs his head seeing to. I can't think of many players who have had a worse season than him.

Lee Collins?

Making jokes about a young footballer with a family who comitted suicide? Nice one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 May 2021 10:39

Yeah that's a bit :shock: Woodlers

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 May 2021 10:39

NathStPaul
Brogue

Lee Collins?

Making jokes about a young footballer with a family who comitted suicide? Nice one.

Yeah, that is pretty oxf*rd poor from Woodley there. :|

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 May 2021 10:51

Naughty. :shock:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 May 2021 10:58

genome I'd keep Dele and give him one more chance under the new manager next season. He's still got that bit of magic in him and maybe a new manager can help him sort his head out. Jose just wasn't the right fit for him.

Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Doherty

Dele was regressing far long before Jose came in. Just 5 goals and 3 assists in 2018/19. His interplay is so slow, and he’s so careless in possession

Agree with your five, would definitely add Aurier and Sanchez to that list, two woeful defenders

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2021 11:00

URZZZZ
genome I'd keep Dele and give him one more chance under the new manager next season. He's still got that bit of magic in him and maybe a new manager can help him sort his head out. Jose just wasn't the right fit for him.

Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Doherty

Dele was regressing far long before Jose came in. Just 5 goals and 3 assists in 2018/19. His interplay is so slow, and he’s so careless in possession

Agree with your five, would definitely add Aurier and Sanchez to that list, two woeful defenders

Not sure on Sanchez, I think there is a really good player in there. He needs a really good, aggressive CB alongside him though that can cover for him. Spurs just don't have that at the moment. I'd certainly give him another season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 May 2021 11:05

NathStPaul
URZZZZ

Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Doherty

Not sure on Sanchez, I think there is a really good player in there. He needs a really good, aggressive CB alongside him though that can cover for him. Spurs just don't have that at the moment. I'd certainly give him another season.

Just too error prone for me, reminds me of Ilori for us - has pace and the makings of a decent defender but it never transpires, and they end up looking like a calamity

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 May 2021 11:16

Brogue

Lee Collins?

absolute oxf*rd

This hardman edgelord act you got is pathetic

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 May 2021 11:18

URZZZZ

Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Doherty

Thin Davies is good and they need to keep him, obviously Alderwereld, Doherty and Reguillon (although he had one of the worst games I have seen a player have in football yesterday) and Tanganga looks decent but not top level player

They need essentially a complete rebuild.

884 posts