Champions League & Europa League 2018/19

432 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Champions League & Europa League 2018/19

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Apr 2019 11:22

sandman Wait a second, Spurs didn't bottle it on the big occasion. :shock:

There's still time, that was just a quarter final (where they shipped 4 goals), big occasions are still to come. :wink:
BTW ,in case people hadn't noticed, Liverpool qualified for the semi-finals again putting 4 goals past a team that had won every home game in the Champs League this season, unlike any other club (according to the BT Sport commentator).

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 18 Apr 2019 12:34

Victor Meldrew

There's still time, that was just a quarter final (where they shipped 4 goals), big occasions are still to come. :wink:
BTW ,in case people hadn't noticed, Liverpool qualified for the semi-finals again putting 4 goals past a team that had won every home game in the Champs League this season, unlike any other club (according to the BT Sport commentator).

It isn't as if Liverpool had a piss easy tie compared to Spurs, who managed to score 3 and win over 2 legs against the best team in the country who will win the league.

Have fun getting destroyed by messi and coutinho :lol:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Apr 2019 14:01

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew

It isn't as if Liverpool had a piss easy tie compared to Spurs, who managed to score 3 and win over 2 legs against the best team in the country who will win the league.

Have fun getting destroyed by messi and coutinho :lol:

Not convinced by Barcelona's defence or midfield. Busquets was lucky to stay on the pitch in the first leg, should have been sent off. Got booked once for stopping the break and did it twice more

Nowhere near as good as the 2011 team

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Apr 2019 15:56

I have to say I watched Ajax beat Madrid and Juve easily away from home.
They have some incredible talent. Van Lit and Van der Beek are going to be utter beasts. The latter looks like he could be a superior version of De Bryne. Wonderful side. How frustrating it must be to be an Ajax fan knowing that that side is going to be utterly dismantled and ravaged by the bigger clubs when they could probably rule Europe easily.
Id love them to win it.......or Barca......please not Spurs or the Scouser, couldnt bare it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Apr 2019 18:16

The Enfield Royal71 I think that Liverpool will beat Barca (they are a far better team then man u and wont roll over and have their belly tickled).

I would love spurs to win but ajax are one of those sneaky teams that play utterly class. Will kane be back? I dont know. But who knows what could happen.

Imagine a spurs Liverpool final. And to think they were almost out after 4 games in the groups.

Barca are a very good draw in theory for Liverpool.

They leave a lot of space in behind them, especially in wide areas.

Madrid exploited that this season but Lucas and Vinicius weren't clinical enough to capitalise.

Mane and Salah will be clinical though and I can't see them letting Barca off the hook the way Madrid did.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 30 Apr 2019 13:59

Ajax fever has hit the town today. Even my local bakery staff are dressed in Ajax shirts and selling Ajax theamed cakes!
Fingers crossed it's not all in vain.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Apr 2019 20:45

tulip Ajax fever has hit the town today. Even my local bakery staff are dressed in Ajax shirts and selling Ajax theamed cakes!

They are an amazing team....great fans as well. They utterly obliterated Madrid and Juve. Made me laugh that Spurs fans and clueless pundits seem to think they were the easier option.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 30 Apr 2019 21:20

Doesn’t help when they sing Southampton's song. “ oh when the saints”
I know spurs fans are stoopid! But really!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 May 2019 10:08

Ascotexgunner
tulip Ajax fever has hit the town today. Even my local bakery staff are dressed in Ajax shirts and selling Ajax theamed cakes!

They are an amazing team....great fans as well. They utterly obliterated Madrid and Juve. Made me laugh that Spurs fans and clueless pundits seem to think they were the easier option.

Easier compared to Liverpool or Barca -> yes :|

I don't think anyone said they would be easy...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 May 2019 08:53

Amazing atmosphere in the city yesterday and Frankfurt did themselves proud against Chelsea - were hanging on at times but also had chances to win it. Tie is nicely poised for next week, as Frankfurt have in them to score but Chelsea big favourites. Looking very possible that Baku will see a London derby at the end of May.

Whatever happens Frankfurt have had an unexpectedly great run in this competition - undefeated at home throughout and have beaten Inter in the San Siro, beaten Lazio and Marseille home and away and came back from being 4-1 down and playing with 10 men in Benfica to end up winning the tie on away goals. Been a great season.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 May 2019 08:52

Question! if its a Chelsea Arsenal final and Chelsea win, will the champions league qualification place pass on to Arsenal as runner up? or is it only the winner?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 May 2019 08:57

WoodleyRoyal Question! if its a Chelsea Arsenal final and Chelsea win, will the champions league qualification place pass on to Arsenal as runner up? or is it only the winner?

No. Looks like France get an extra direct qualification spot in the group stages and a lot of other clubs skip a qualifying round depending on their co-efficient.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 May 2019 17:56

Don't quite get the massive English media belief that Spurs will turn things around because Son is available and Kane is on the bench.
Plenty of credit if Spurs do manage it but this Ajax team have been underestimated all along and have done little wrong against big teams (and Spurs)-maybe they are better as underdogs.

It looks like another entertaining game tonight with both sides going for it.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 May 2019 20:07

Gooooooooal!

Spurs needed 2 goals to go through tonight, they still need 2.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 May 2019 20:34

Winston Biscuit Gooooooooal!

Spurs needed 2 goals to go through tonight, they still need 2.

One of the great things about this Ajax side is their ability to counter.
They can pick any team off. As Spurs get more desperate for a goal Ajax won't make the same mistake those Spanish overrated posing has beens made.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 May 2019 20:38

That's stunning........2-0......

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 May 2019 20:40

Ajax are just so gorgeous to watch. I cant wait till they smash Liverpool.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 May 2019 20:41

Should be a cracking final!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 May 2019 20:44

NewCorkSeth Ajax are just so gorgeous to watch. I cant wait till they smash Liverpool.

I think they are the best unit in Europe with some stunning young talent. Its so sad they they will be broken up and end up at fat overblown failing brands like Barcalona and Madrid.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 May 2019 20:48

Ascotexgunner
NewCorkSeth Ajax are just so gorgeous to watch. I cant wait till they smash Liverpool.

I think they are the best unit in Europe with some stunning young talent. Its so sad they they will be broken up and end up at fat overblown failing brands like Barcalona and Madrid.

Respectfully I disagree. Their model is not to fight in vain and try to hold on to players but to embrace it. They are an amazing club who make space for new young talent almost every season.

432 posts