Birmingham points deduction?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Brum Done?

by Sanguine » 11 Mar 2019 08:44

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Presumably any punishment given to Birmingham (and they should get one) will also be given to Arsenal?

Nope. The end results were different. A Birmingham supporter went on to the pitch to cause harm to an opposition player and did so. The level of stewarding/police was not sufficient to stop him and it is negligent on Birmingham's part. Don't forget they then had a steward nicked for assaulting Grealish after he'd scored too, they are in a whole world of trouble.
Of course you will now argue the Arsenal supporter COULD have done the same or worse which is correct but the severity of the end result of the Birmingham one will mean that their ultimate punishment is harsher. Arsenal will get a fine and Birmingham will get a behind closed doors game as a message to their fans for future derby games and a fine.

Thanks for man-splaining what I could see with my eyes, but if that is the case, then it will be wrong.
Arsenal shouldn't get off lightly because the Brummy was a better shot.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 08:47

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Presumably any punishment given to Birmingham (and they should get one) will also be given to Arsenal?

Nope. The end results were different. A Birmingham supporter went on to the pitch to cause harm to an opposition player and did so. The level of stewarding/police was not sufficient to stop him and it is negligent on Birmingham's part. Don't forget they then had a steward nicked for assaulting Grealish after he'd scored too, they are in a whole world of trouble.
Of course you will now argue the Arsenal supporter COULD have done the same or worse which is correct but the severity of the end result of the Birmingham one will mean that their ultimate punishment is harsher. Arsenal will get a fine and Birmingham will get a behind closed doors game as a message to their fans for future derby games and a fine.

Thanks for man-splaining what I could see with my eyes, but if that is the case, then it will be wrong.

Thanks for your standard patronising tone and making yourself look stupid.

Arsenal won't get off lightly, they will get a fine. Birmingham will get the same fine along with an additional punishment because of the ultimate outcome. Please try and take in all the information provided to you.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Mar 2019 08:49

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
Old Man Andrews Nope. The end results were different. A Birmingham supporter went on to the pitch to cause harm to an opposition player and did so. The level of stewarding/police was not sufficient to stop him and it is negligent on Birmingham's part. Don't forget they then had a steward nicked for assaulting Grealish after he'd scored too, they are in a whole world of trouble.

Thanks for your standard patronising tone and making yourself look stupid.

Arsenal won't get off lightly, they will get a fine. Birmingham will get the same fine along with an additional punishment because of the ultimate outcome. Please try and take in all the information provided to you.

I like when you call other people patronising, after telling them they are stupid because they have a different view to you.

My opinion is that the punishments for the incidents involving Grealish and Smalling should be the same, because the incidents were the same, it just so happened that the Birmingham 'fan' scored a direct hit.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 08:57

It isn't a matter of opinion it is a matter of what the FA will do. I just told you why Birmingham will get a heavier penalty but you choose to ignore it in order to reinforce your point. The FA will not have faith in them to provide adequate protection of players firstly due to the punch and then the fact a steward assaulted Grealish during the goal celebration. How is that anywhere near the same level as what happened at Arsenal? Player hit from behing in a local derby and could have caused a riot along with a steward kicking Grealish from behind compared to a moron brushing past Smalling to get involved with the goal celebrations. What is worse?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Mar 2019 09:07

Old Man Andrews It isn't a matter of opinion it is a matter of what the FA will do. I just told you why Birmingham will get a heavier penalty but you choose to ignore it in order to reinforce your point. The FA will not have faith in them to provide adequate protection of players firstly due to the punch and then the fact a steward assaulted Grealish during the goal celebration. How is that anywhere near the same level as what happened at Arsenal? Player hit from behing in a local derby and could have caused a riot along with a steward kicking Grealish from behind compared to a moron brushing past Smalling to get involved with the goal celebrations. What is worse?

I'm not ignoring anything, and I'm not providing commentary on what I think the FA will do. I'm giving my opinion as to what should happen.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 09:32

You're not putting yourself in the shoes of the FA Sangers, you're not trolling ignore that cretin. The law and the FA law are two very different kettles of fish, the FA will and always do feel they need to make examples of people and therefore will change punishments to fit the crimes where as judicial law will be uniform and standardised.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Mar 2019 09:36

Old Man Andrews You're not putting yourself in the shoes of the FA Sangers, you're not trolling ignore that cretin. The law and the FA law are two very different kettles of fish, the FA will and always do feel they need to make examples of people and therefore will change punishments to fit the crimes where as judicial law will be uniform and standardised.

I understand. I'm saying that the approach of the FA is wrong.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 09:37

That fella has oxf*rd his life up massively, thats the real punishment here. The bloke has had his address put out there (which I strongly disagree with) and he will no doubt be going to jail and lose his job. Got two kids and a family too who will no doubt be subject to abuse.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2019 09:47

Well, there is the ‘restorative justice’ card to play I ’spose

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2019 09:54

The actual assault should also be subject to civil proceedings surely?

What a knob thing to do.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Mar 2019 10:05

What compounded it as well was the tweet which was sent by a Birmingham 'fan' laughing at JG baby brother who passed away. He has now been banned from twitter.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2019 10:06

Well, that'll learn him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 10:10

Hendo What compounded it as well was the tweet which was sent by a Birmingham 'fan' laughing at JG baby brother who passed away. He has now been banned from twitter.

Not before about 50 people had sent taxis, takeaways and companies to his house though. The thing the sickos forget on Twitter is how easy it is to have all of their details found, can be done in minutes.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2019 10:11

Duffy What sort of weirdo individual says something sick about one of their family members............

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Mar 2019 10:15

Silver Fox Well, that'll learn him

Would've thought the police would be checking it as well.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Mar 2019 10:15

Old Man Andrews
Hendo What compounded it as well was the tweet which was sent by a Birmingham 'fan' laughing at JG baby brother who passed away. He has now been banned from twitter.

Not before about 50 people had sent taxis, takeaways and companies to his house though. The thing the sickos forget on Twitter is how easy it is to have all of their details found, can be done in minutes.

might be worth following Barrington Patterson's twitter account later today. He is a former kickboxer who got pissed off at the kids behaviour and has arranged to meet up with him today

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 10:22

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews

might be worth following Barrington Patterson's twitter account later today. He is a former kickboxer who got pissed off at the kids behaviour and has arranged to meet up with him today

People like him should be used as an education tool by the police and government. Not to scare kids straight but to teach them right from wrong and to steer them in the right direction. A lot of the kids who send vile stuff online genuinely do not know where the line in the sand is, they have not had a positive upbringing or more importantly male role model in their lives.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 11 Mar 2019 11:27

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews Not before about 50 people had sent taxis, takeaways and companies to his house though. The thing the sickos forget on Twitter is how easy it is to have all of their details found, can be done in minutes.

People like him should be used as an education tool by the police and government. Not to scare kids straight but to teach them right from wrong and to steer them in the right direction. A lot of the kids who send vile stuff online genuinely do not know where the line in the sand is, they have not had a positive upbringing or more importantly male role model in their lives.

Had a look, and yeah, Barrington's approach has been rather sound on this.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 11 Mar 2019 12:57

"Former Wales international David Cotterill says he wants to see armed police officers helping stewards after the Jack Grealish incident".

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 13:16

stealthpapes
"Former Wales international David Cotterill says he wants to see armed police officers helping stewards after the Jack Grealish incident".

What a ridiculous comment. Incidents like this bring out so many oxf*rd retards.