Ups & Downs 2020/21

206 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ups & Downs 2020/21

by Sutekh » 01 Jun 2021 13:42

Seriously, with the technology available, Wembley play off finals with £’s riding on them do not use VAR? :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Jun 2021 13:57

Dai Brainbocs I'm a Newport ST holder so obviously biased, but if we got promoted thanks to a dive like that - and we do have at least one player who does it - I'd be embarrassed.

Their keeper's two--fisted punch on our player was the equivalent of an outfielder launching himself to clear with both feet when the trajectory of the ball means he has no chance of touching it.

On a different tack, given his recent past it's outrageous Madley was given the division's most prestigious game so early in his rehab.

They need to allow VAR in those one for games, there just too much riding on it. The refereeing was shocking.
Newport were the way better team as well. Like the look of Collins on the right....very pacey and can deliver a decent ball. Good old fashioned wide player. Kind of player we need.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Jun 2021 14:27

I was moderately behind Morecambe pre-game but not that way.

Not a fan of VAR but if ever it was needed

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 01 Jun 2021 17:34

Ascotexgunner Newport were the way better team as well. Like the look of Collins on the right....very pacey and can deliver a decent ball. Good old fashioned wide player. Kind of player we need.

Collins definitely has something, but he'd need at least a season in the U23s. Can run out of gas and short on physical presence for a big lad of 20.

The Newport player I would really recommend is Priestley Farquaharson, who we picked up from the Welsh Premier in the January window aged 23. Fast and athletic centreback and I think he could step straight up.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Jun 2021 18:04

Dai Brainbocs
Ascotexgunner Newport were the way better team as well. Like the look of Collins on the right....very pacey and can deliver a decent ball. Good old fashioned wide player. Kind of player we need.

Collins definitely has something, but he'd need at least a season in the U23s. Can run out of gas and short on physical presence for a big lad of 20.

The Newport player I would really recommend is Priestley Farquaharson, who we picked up from the Welsh Premier in the January window aged 23. Fast and athletic centreback and I think he could step straight up.

what's his chant like?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Jun 2021 20:21

paultheroyal
URZZZZ
Franchise FC Bobby Madely, so no

Standard of refereeing is so poor nowadays

You can forgive mistakes occasionally but they’re far too frequent. Whilst I don’t agree with how players/staff approach the refs, it is incredibly frustrating losing out on such fine margins especially of games of such high magnitude. Couldn’t see Morecambe scoring any other way

Never a penalty, Madley got that totally wrong, but also, the football league got that totally wrong appointing him to such a fixture. Its great that he has been given a second chance, but he should be waiting his turn and there were 45 other referee's who could and should of been appointed to a top fixture.

With regards to making mistakes, its no more or less than previous. I dont buy that they are more rubbish either.

Players are feigning injury and tackles all the time now, far worse than it ever was. It is so hard for a referee. Hiding to nothing.

Also, fans seem to think big characters are great referee's ie Webb, Elleray etc - that is not the case.

Agreed, the play acting from players is pathetic. Jorginho, for example on Saturday, was tackled fairly, threw himself to the floor, rolled over before realising nothing was being given and jumped straight back up!

Still think they should be firmer. Send clearer messages. Penalise cheating/play acting. A booking is hardly a deterrent to stop it - you hardly ever even see bookings any more for it! Until there’s a proper deterrent to stop it happening, players will keep doing it

206 posts