Ups & Downs 2020/21

206 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ups & Downs 2020/21

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 12:23

Hendo
URZZZZ Love the end of season dramas like the ones above!

Would have been an intriguing PO final if we got there against Brentford - someone could finally break their hoodoo

The Watford v Leicester one is oxf*rd brilliant. Leicester got exactly what they deserved as well after that cheating prick Knockaert dived for their penalty.

Yeah - that one was great - didn't see it live unfortunately

Was so obviously not a penalty - no idea what the ref saw!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 06 May 2021 12:25

URZZZZ
Hendo

Would have been an intriguing PO final if we got there against Brentford - someone could finally break their hoodoo

The Watford v Leicester one is oxf*rd brilliant. Leicester got exactly what they deserved as well after that cheating prick Knockaert dived for their penalty.

Yeah - that one was great - didn't see it live unfortunately

Was so obviously not a penalty - no idea what the ref saw!

That is my favorite ever football moment I think, that whole sequence

capped off with zola shoving fans out the way then slipping over :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 12:25

NathStPaul

It is a shame a lot of the drama has been taken away tis season, a lot has been sorted out already. Obviously we can all get behind Rotherham on Saturday and hope Derby lose to Wednesday, League 1 playoff picture has a bit of drama to it and the League 2 automatic places are still up for grabs but that is about it.

Yeah - but then again if we were to choose a season with limited drama - this would probably be it as the fans certainly do enhance the drama

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 06 May 2021 12:26

Think Bolton/Brum a few years ago had a mad one, on the last day where a goal went in stupidly late

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 May 2021 12:26

URZZZZ
NathStPaul

It is a shame a lot of the drama has been taken away tis season, a lot has been sorted out already. Obviously we can all get behind Rotherham on Saturday and hope Derby lose to Wednesday, League 1 playoff picture has a bit of drama to it and the League 2 automatic places are still up for grabs but that is about it.

Yeah - but then again if we were to choose a season with limited drama - this would probably be it as the fans certainly do enhance the drama

Be a shame for Derby to go down and not see their supporters crying on TV.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 12:27

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul It is a shame a lot of the drama has been taken away tis season, a lot has been sorted out already. Obviously we can all get behind Rotherham on Saturday and hope Derby lose to Wednesday, League 1 playoff picture has a bit of drama to it and the League 2 automatic places are still up for grabs but that is about it.

Be a shame for Wayne Rooney's Derby to go down and not see their supporters crying on TV.

Edited - but yeah

Although have always preferred Derby to Forest

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 12:28

Simmops

Think Bolton/Brum a few years ago had a mad one, on the last day where a goal went in stupidly late

Another good one - Brum looked doomed, 2 down with 10 minutes to go - 93rd minute equaliser

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 May 2021 12:29

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
URZZZZ

Be a shame for Wayne Rooney's Derby to go down and not see their supporters crying on TV.

Edited - but yeah

Dunno, Forest have been fairly inoffensive over the past few years. Derby have overspent, got away with an FFP points deduction and their supporters are far more mouthy on social media. Factor in the Wayne Rooney obsession Sky Sports have had this season I think Derby might be up there as my most hated Championship rival.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 12:32

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul Be a shame for Wayne Rooney's Derby to go down and not see their supporters crying on TV.

Edited - but yeah

Dunno, Forest have been fairly inoffensive over the past few years. Derby have overspent, got away with an FFP points deduction and their supporters are far more mouthy on social media. Factor in the Wayne Rooney obsession Sky Sports have had this season I think Derby might be up there as my most hated Championship rival.

Forest thing they're some sort of sleeping giant - peeves me off - self-entitled

I guess Derby are to an extent but not the same level as Forest fans

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 May 2021 12:39

Is always a treat when the fixture list serves up a game which becomes in essence a one match 'winner takes all'.

Fulham v Newcastle still, just, has potential for such. Newcastle have Leicester and City next, Fulham play Burnley and Southampton. If those results all go Fulham's way the gap is three, and then they'll need to at least match Newcastle's result in the penultimate round. Could yet stay up on goal difference.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 12:43

Sanguine Is always a treat when the fixture list serves up a game which becomes in essence a one match 'winner takes all'.

Fulham v Newcastle still, just, has potential for such. Newcastle have Leicester and City next, Fulham play Burnley and Southampton. If those results all go Fulham's way the gap is three, and then they'll need to at least match Newcastle's result in the penultimate round. Could yet stay up on goal difference.

Newcastle still have to host Sheffield United - really doesn't help the cause - and you'd expect a home win there

You'd have to think Fulham need 4 wins from 4 now - including a trip to Old Trafford. Lack of a goal scorer has really hurt them, top scorer for them is on 7 goals - followed by just 4!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 May 2021 12:46

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
URZZZZ
Edited - but yeah

Forest thing they're some sort of sleeping giant - peeves me off - self-entitled

Anyone who remembers John Gregory's remarks on opening day 2002 (I think?) will know exactly how self-entitled Derby can be and they don't even have 2 European Cups to point to

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 May 2021 12:47

URZZZZ
Sanguine Is always a treat when the fixture list serves up a game which becomes in essence a one match 'winner takes all'.

Newcastle still have to host Sheffield United - really doesn't help the cause - and you'd expect a home win there

You'd have to think Fulham need 4 wins from 4 now - including a trip to Old Trafford. Lack of a goal scorer has really hurt them, top scorer for them is on 7 goals - followed by just 4!

Yeah, Fulham certainly need to win all 4 - only Sheffield United getting a result at St. James Park would change that.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 18:42

Silver Fox
URZZZZ
NathStPaul Dunno, Forest have been fairly inoffensive over the past few years. Derby have overspent, got away with an FFP points deduction and their supporters are far more mouthy on social media. Factor in the Wayne Rooney obsession Sky Sports have had this season I think Derby might be up there as my most hated Championship rival.

Anyone who remembers John Gregory's remarks on opening day 2002 (I think?) will know exactly how self-entitled Derby can be and they don't even have 2 European Cups to point to

Maybe - just don’t think their fans are as bad as Forest’s - who are certainly up there for banging on about how “pointless Reading are”

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 May 2021 18:22

Southend and Grimsby challenging their respective "unfair" relegations to the National League, citing their reasons for the lack of relegation in the pyramid below them

Not sure there's much of a case here but will be interesting to see how things develop

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 07 May 2021 21:14

URZZZZ
Silver Fox
URZZZZ

Maybe - just don’t think their fans are as bad as Forest’s - who are certainly up there for banging on about how “pointless Reading are”

I've found most fans and especially the media think we're pretty pointless or don't exist

One bbc article about the championship best ever team fawned over Wolves, Newcastle and Leeds, and even Sunderland before us. :|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 May 2021 21:25

Looks like Newcastle are staying up then.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2021 07:39

Pepe the Horseman Looks like Newcastle are staying up then.

Yep, bottom 3 doomed now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2021 07:43

URZZZZ Southend and Grimsby challenging their respective "unfair" relegations to the National League, citing their reasons for the lack of relegation in the pyramid below them

Not sure there's much of a case here but will be interesting to see how things develop

I think a case could have been made when the National League their call i e. If L2 clubs collectively made the request months back and agreed to a 26 team league with 4 relegation spots but to complain after relegation just looks petty and desperate.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 May 2021 13:42

Blimey, what drama at the bottom of our League. Rotherham surviving at the moment.

206 posts