6%
Chelsea & Man Utd
23%

Total votes: 88
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Barca, Chelsea, United & Arsenal

by Archie's penalty » 07 May 2009 14:48

Starfish LOL at anyone seriously suggesting that Chelsea should be banned from Europe for a season. Their players might well have gone over the top but, in all reality, should a club be thrown out of a competition because of that? Ridiculous.

Barcelona did not impress over two legs and if they are as toothless in Rome on May 27th, I would expect the final to be every bit the mismatch the game in The Emirates on Tuesday was. I really really really hope United do a job on them. Really really.

An emphatic +1.

by 1960 » 07 May 2009 14:48

Priceless. I read all the pages about Fletcher's sending-off and 90% of contributors going nuts about a referee allegedly making one mistake (he didn't). Then over the last three pages 99% of contributors slating Chelsea off and letting the ref off scot free. You can't have it both ways, you bunch of hypocrites. You complain about Fletcher's ref, you've got to complain about Chelsea's muppet, who didn't make one possible mistake but WILFULLY refused four penalties. But no, your hatred of Chelsea is far too virulent to enable you to have the self-awareness you need to realise what hypocritical twunts you are.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 May 2009 14:51

1960 Priceless. I read all the pages about Fletcher's sending-off and 90% of contributors going nuts about a referee allegedly making one mistake (he didn't). Then over the last three pages 99% of contributors slating Chelsea off and letting the ref off scot free. You can't have it both ways, you bunch of hypocrites. You complain about Fletcher's ref, you've got to complain about Chelsea's muppet, who didn't make one possible mistake but WILFULLY refused four penalties. But no, your hatred of Chelsea is far too virulent to enable you to have the self-awareness you need to realise what hypocritical twunts you are.

I'm curious at to why you think the ref in the Arsenal game didn't make a mistake.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 May 2009 14:53

1960 Priceless. I read all the pages about Fletcher's sending-off and 90% of contributors going nuts about a referee allegedly making one mistake (he didn't). Then over the last three pages 99% of contributors slating Chelsea off and letting the ref off scot free. You can't have it both ways, you bunch of hypocrites. You complain about Fletcher's ref, you've got to complain about Chelsea's muppet, who didn't make one possible mistake but WILFULLY refused four penalties. But no, your hatred of Chelsea is far too virulent to enable you to have the self-awareness you need to realise what hypocritical twunts you are.

No, you misunderstand us. We agree that Cheatski's ref WAS a muppet of the highest order BUT we find it highly amusing that it caused Cheatski, a club we despise, to be knocked out. Simple really. By the way, the referee did make a mistake about Fletcher - he played the ball (first).

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 May 2009 14:56

Royal With Cheese

I'm curious at to why you think the ref in the Arsenal game didn't make a mistake.

Depends what you class as a mistake?! - Ronaldo dived for the freekick that he scored, that was 1 mistake by the ref etc etc - you're never gonna get a ref that is spot on 100% for 90mins

Alivey

by Alivey » 07 May 2009 16:33

shock horror 'reading' fans are hyprocrites

ddetisi

by ddetisi » 07 May 2009 17:01

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 May 2009 18:03

Seen the game, I think the 1st and 4th claims for a penalty were correctly turned down

The third claim (that's the first handball claim I would have given as there was definite movement towards the ball while arms were outstretched, however I can see why the ref didn't give it as from his position it may have looked like involuntary hand movement to him)

The second claim was a 50/50 I think, I've seen them given and not given.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 07 May 2009 18:29

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 07 May 2009 18:32

Barry the bird boggler Seen the game, I think the 1st and 4th claims for a penalty were correctly turned down

The third claim (that's the first handball claim I would have given as there was definite movement towards the ball while arms were outstretched, however I can see why the ref didn't give it as from his position it may have looked like involuntary hand movement to him)

The second claim was a 50/50 I think, I've seen them given and not given.

Spot on. Add to that the wrong sending off of Abidal, the penalty Barca should have had in the first leg and the fact Ballack should really have been suspended for the 2nd leg and you have big LOLZ @ Chelsea and their tantrums

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 07 May 2009 18:54

The way I see it the first one (Alves/Malouda) was probably a penalty but not definite, haven't seen the second one but the general verdict seems to be no, the third one was definitely a pen but the one in the last minute? No chance.

So that's 2 dodgy decisions against Chelsea; take away the red card (no chance) and the pen in the first leg (Bosingwa on Henry) which was definitely a pen and what a surprise, everything is even. No cheating ref, no 'all-English conspiracy'.

Even if the ref had got all the big decisions wrong in Barca's favour that wouldn't excuse some of the shit being thrown at him by the excuses for human beings at Chelsea - bad refereeing decisions are part of the game, shall we all send Terry and Drogba death threats next time they have a bad game and see what he thinks? Maybe Drogba should reflect how much harder he makes it for referees by persistently feigning contact and so on.

Yesterday's events were just proof that cunts never change their spots, nothing will touch the 'heights' of the Hunt-Cech incident (few lawsuits should've been opened over that one) but that team still sums up everything wrong with football.

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 07 May 2009 18:57

soggy biscuit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant!

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 07 May 2009 19:00

earleyroyal shall we all send Terry and Drogba death threats next time they have a bad game.

Chelsea fans not happy at all with all Drogba's appaling misses during the game, by the things written on the Chelsea forums it sounds like their own fans will be sending 'snoop drog' death threats!

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 07 May 2009 19:40

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=514336

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=514337

chelsea fan If we assume for one minute that our conspiracy theories are false and that UEFA like us, and had no preference as regards the final in Rome (against all evidence, it has to be said), then that just leaves negligence. He was negligent in his role and UEFA were negligent in appointing a negligent Ref, surely? If that is the case, then surely we have to have a replay?

:| :lol:

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 07 May 2009 23:22

CheLOLsea
CheatskINIESTA
CheLOLskINIESTA

:lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 May 2009 00:25

Closet Chelsea fan are we?

Get a grip. I could see possibly 1 pen possibly 2 - the others no way ? I agree about the ref - Abidal shouldnt have been sent off. And Drogba should get an extended ban - the man's an absolute disgrace to football and also to men everywhere. He's a diving cry baby twat. A bit like the rest of the team.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 May 2009 01:21

The funniest thing is, they calculated how much of the injury time was caused by Drogba "falling over", was something like 2 and half mins :lol:

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 08 May 2009 01:33

Row Z Royal
soggy biscuit Chelsea players seriously need to man the f*** up.

That could certainly stall Crossie's big move.

Wouldn't even join Chelsea if I was good enough!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 08 May 2009 07:45

LOL!

Still hurting is it?

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 08 May 2009 10:48

Shame Reading can't show the same passion for winning as Chelsea.

350 posts