The Non - League thread

10442 posts
Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Non - League thread 2011/12

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Mar 2012 08:40

Terminal Boardom In the CCL, one to watch out for is RPV v Hanworth Villa. RPV have won 8 and drawn 2 of their last 10 whereas HV have had some very strange results going against them. Every game for hereonin is a must win for Windsor. All we can hope for is that Guildford City have a late season panic attack. Banstead away will not be easy as they are fighting for their survival at this level. I will be very surprised if they are as bad as they were when we trounced them 11-0.

...certainly no inkilng of that when I saw them swat Cove the other week - they were in 'coasting' mode and subsequently 'unshackeld' were playing some scintillating stuff even for a good STEP05 side.

This MW could be intriguing too - your lot host the aforementioned Hanworth Villa on Monday night - saw HV thump Cove 6-3 not long ago but they were not the greatest at the back - very good pacy forward line - but as you say they've had a few dodgy results recently. I think they even lost the reverse fixture with Cove, late last month followed by a similar strange reverse vs Epsom and had got a right pounding at South Park?

... if 'City' are going to have a wobble then possibly Krooner Pk (Camberley) on Tuesday is the place to check it out - its high on my 'possibles' list - should my *&^%ing cold finally relent. :evil:

Christof

by Christof » 10 Mar 2012 14:05

St Neots vs Slough Town delayed by 10 mins due to crowd congestion! :lol:

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Mar 2012 17:59

Christof St Neots vs Slough Town delayed by 10 mins due to crowd congestion! :lol:

... and Rebels take back top spot with a 1-0 win in front of 1020! :D

...more laters... :wink:

Christof

by Christof » 10 Mar 2012 20:38

Four Of Clubs
Christof St Neots vs Slough Town delayed by 10 mins due to crowd congestion! :lol:

Yep, I think they slightly underestimated the crowd, there was only 1 turnstile open until about 2:50, hence the delay. How many games below Step01 got over 1,000 today?

It was a good game with St Neots spending the first 15 minutes camped in Slough's half, and in truth they should have gone ahead but for some tremendous defensive blocks (and some luck). Stefan Moore (ex-Villa and QPR) looked good, as did their no. 8, but then Slough got back into the game and began to play it on the ground rather than hoofing clearances out. The goal came from a corner, Burnell's header rebounded off of the post, Sonner headed in, cue amazing scenes, and him getting booked for celebrating (even though he stayed on the pitch). The referee will be pleased that he was the star of the show even if everybody else wasn't so pleased, but that seems to be the standard at this level. Anyway, Slough held out despite some intense pressure and what seemed like 8 minutes of injury time when he had signalled 5.

Good ground and facilities, with a very nice looking pitch (lot better than Daventry and Aylesbury for sure), St Neots clearly have some good backing, and all things being well both clubs will get promoted. 9 games left, all to play for!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Mar 2012 21:35

Christof
Four Of Clubs

Yep, I think they slightly underestimated the crowd, there was only 1 turnstile open until about 2:50, hence the delay. How many games below Step01 got over 1,000 today?

...glad you enjoyed it - hope you don't slip up vs NGU on Tuesday. St Neots have a tricky trip to Rugby the same night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... had a quick look around and at STEP02 there were half a doz crowds bigger than 1020 in CONF N & S (only Dartford in the South actually - though Chelmsford and Havant just touched beyond 1000)

...also though not surprising there was a 1999 @ STEP03 Northern Prem [FCUM] - probably would have been another in this division but Chester weren't playing this w/e.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 11 Mar 2012 11:07

... yesterday's round-up

Saturday 10th March

FA Trophy Semi Finals – 1st Legs
York City 1-0 Luton Town
Newport County 3-1 Wealdstone
.. 2nd Legs next Sat (17th) Wealdstone vs Exiles tie all ticket: none available on the day.

CONFS
Basingstoke 1-1 Dover
Boreham Wood 2-2 Dorchester
Bromley 0-0 Eastleigh
Chelmsford 1-2 Welling
Dartford 3-0 Farnborough
Eastbourne Borough 0-0 Sutton Utd
Hampton & Richmond 4-3 Truro City
Havant and W 3-4 Woking
Salisbury 1-0 Staines Town
Tonbridge Angels 1-0 Maidenhead Utd
Weston-S-Mare 2-2 Thurrock

ISTH1S
Godalming Town 2-0 Ramsgate
…match at Whyteleafe (vs Hythe) abandoned on 30’ when the Ref was stung by a bee and suffered a life-threatening allergic reaction – quick thinking by the home physio administering to him - ambulance called etc fortunately Ref on the mend in Hospital.

SOUTHP
Oxford City 2-0 Chesham United
SOUTH1C
Ashford Town (Middx) 1-0 Rugby Town
Aylesbury 1-1 Chertsey Town
Beaconsfield SYCOB 1-0 Woodford United
Biggleswade Town 1-2 Bedfont Town
Burnham 5-1 Leighton Town
Daventry Town 0-2 AFC Hayes
Marlow 1-4 Chalfont St. Peter
North Greenford United 0-3 Barton Rovers
Northwood 0-0 Fleet Town
St. Neots Town 0-1 Slough Town
Uxbridge 1-1 Bedworth United
SOUTH1S&W
Abingdon United 0-1 Wimborne Town
Bishops Cleeve 0-0 Thatcham Town
Didcot Town 1-0 Clevedon Town
North Leigh 1-2 Bideford
Poole Town 0-1 Hungerford Town

CCLP
Ash United 0-3 Camberley Town
Banstead Athletic 1-3 Windsor
Chessington & Hook United 1-4 Guildford City
Cove 1-1 Wembley
Egham Town 4-2 Badshot Lea
Horley Town 2-0 Colliers Wood United
Mole Valley SCR 2-4 Epsom & Ewell
Molesey 1-0 Farnham Town
Raynes Park Vale 1-5 Hanworth Villa
Sandhurst Town 1-1 Croydon
South Park 1-3 Dorking
CCL1
Eversley 2-2 Spelthorne Sports
Farleigh Rovers 0-1 Westfield
Feltham 2-0 Cobham
Frimley Green 0-1 Bedfont Sports
Hartley Wintney 3-1 Sheerwater
Knaphill 1-1 South Kilburn
Worcester Park 3-0 Bookham

HELLP
Ascot United 4-0 Kidlington
Binfield 1-3 Cheltenham Saracens
Bracknell Town 0-3 Holyport
Fairford Town 2-2 Shrivenham
Highworth Town 2-1 Shortwood United
Reading Town 2-0 Abingdon Town – no att figure given - the turnstiles were OS when I went a week or so back.
Slimbridge 1-2 Witney Town – bit of a shock on current form and a bit of a stunner for Bracknell
Thame United 3-0 Flackwell Heath
Wantage Town 1-3 Oxford City Nomads
HELL1E
Chinnor 0-0 Lambourn Sports
Highmoor Ibis 4-0 Didcot Town Res
Maidenhead United Res 0-1 Newbury
Milton United 1-3 Woodley Town
Rayners Lane {ELEVEN} 11-0 Letcombe
… biggest Hellenic crowd of the day again in Div One West at Purton 2-3 Wootton Bassett att:141

WESS1
Tadley Calleva 0-8 East Cowes Victoria :shock:
Whitchurch United 1-1 Warminster Town

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Mar 2012 17:29

First half, Windsor were dog poo. Way too anxious and trying to rush things too much. We were very fortunate to only go in 1 down at the break. Second half and it looked as if The Colonel had said some strong words. A well worked move resulted with Ryan Ashe crossing perfectly from the right and Michael Chennells rising like a salmon to nod home. From this point, it looked as if it was a matter of time before a second came and the impressive Jake Parsons slotted home with 10 minutes to go. Follwoing the mandatory bit of handbags in the centre circle involving an innocent looking Dave Tilbury, Rob Lazarczuk broke clear down the right - well he would considering he was about 4 light years offside, drew the keeper and squared the ball to the prolific Ryan O'Toole to put the icing on the cake. I was tood in line with the lino for the third and I did not see it 8) The offside that is!

Roll on Monday and a tough game with Hanworth Villa.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 11 Mar 2012 19:01

I went to Ash Utd v Camberley... Nice little ground and Camberley were much the better side. The burgers were pretty good, too.

The attendance looked to be around 80ish, is there a way of confirming? I can't see anything on t'interwebz...

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 11 Mar 2012 20:05

Farnborough Royal I went to Ash Utd v Camberley... Nice little ground and Camberley were much the better side. The burgers were pretty good, too.

The attendance looked to be around 80ish, is there a way of confirming? I can't see anything on t'interwebz...

..seek and ye shall find FR.

The latest CCL Bulletin shows the official attendance at Shawfield Rd as 141.

Quirky little club bar there too - they don't always open up the big one near the pitch but the little front one is nice - bet it was 'cozy' with that size crowd? :wink:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Mar 2012 10:23

Cracking game at Stag Meadow last night. We raced into a 2-0 lead without ever looking dominant only for hanworth Villa to lead 3-2 with 30 minutes to go. Wasteful finishing - at least 3 free headers, coupled with some good saves from the Villa keeper kept the scoreline at 3-2 until the 90th minute when Rob Lazarczuk tucked away a deserved equaliser. Neither side deserved to lose so a drw was the right result. All we can hope for is that Guildford have a lapse against Camberley tonight and Egham on Saturday. Can't see it happeniing though. If they win both of those game then they will be practically home and dry.

Question is, is The Spectrum up to Step 4 standards? I doubt it very much as the terracing is extremely dangerous.

PICT0024.jpg
PICT0024.jpg (40.16 KiB) Viewed 2474 times

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Mar 2012 12:49

As you say, good game last night but Windsor really need to buck their ideas up as we are in danger of not getting 2nd now.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Mar 2012 13:25

Defensively, we are a shambles. No more than 2 clean sheets in a row tells the story.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Mar 2012 17:23

Little stagger down to Krooner Park for me tonight. Let's see how Guildford really are.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 13 Mar 2012 17:52

Terminal Boardom Little stagger down to Krooner Park for me tonight. Let's see how Guildford really are.

... was thinking of this too but 'the fates' are against me (again :evil: ) - still got the f£cking lurgy my darling daughter brought home over a week ago - feeling like sh!te warmed up - not even sure I can look forward to Loliverpoolol vs Toffees either cos the In laws have still come over to babysit/play cards - means later on they'll insist on watching poxy Holby &^%£ing City at Volume 70+

... s'pose I could go and cough all over them - they might get the message?

.. alternative is to put loads of layers on and try to drag myself out to Larges La or Stalag Scours but I really don't feel up to it. :|

You might well enjoy it tonight - haven't seen Cambo on form this season, only when getting gubbed at your place but City were pretty darned good - big Lescott like CB/FB (only with lots of hair) is very good for this level and their 2/3 forwards interchange - one of them in particular (might be Gacheru?) plays a bit like Jimmy Kebe only as a central striker, very languid on the ball but uses it with a withering turn of pace when he wants it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Mar 2012 18:28

Bee sting incident towards end of clip as FOC describes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGDRFHXN5X0

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 13 Mar 2012 22:30

Jimmy Quinn's Nantwich Town reached the Cheshire Senior Cup Final (no sniggering at the back) with a 3-0 win over Macclesfield at Moss Rose. Rodney Jack was an unused sub for the visitors.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Mar 2012 23:05

All I can see is that Guildford must be the most unpopular club EVER!!! Constant whining, moaning, complaining, arguing and berating offiicials. Players going down like they have contracted Lockdown Syndrome only to make miraculous recoveries. When they actually bother to play, they are very good and easily the best team in the league. They just don't need to have the crap associated with them. How their number 10 stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Big plus was 2 real ales at Krooner Park. Can't wait for the game there on 28 April which should be a great day out considering the plans Camberley have in mind.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 14 Mar 2012 20:39

Terminal Boardom Question is, is The Spectrum up to Step 4 standards? I doubt it very much as the terracing is extremely dangerous.

Dangerous? Pah! This...is dangerous.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 14 Mar 2012 20:48

I'm guessing thats in Argentina somewhere?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Mar 2012 10:31

I can confirm that The Spectrum has achieved the necessary ground grading requirements for Step 4.

10442 posts