The Non - League thread

10547 posts
Royalist

Re: Non - League thread 2013/14

by Royalist » 01 Nov 2014 12:58

Windsor offering refunds for people who pre ordered a kit in March that hasn't yet turned up. Be better off offering free eye tests for them but it's something after months of silence via the clubs official channels. I've stopped going partly because i have no faith in the current setup at the club. All ego if you ask me. It's a shame as at supporter level it's a special special club. Huge missed chance letting pretty much the status quo keep the power when W&E folded and make a true community club, something i think ALL non league clubs without true football league ambitions should be.

I've become as disillusioned with non league football as many have with pro football! :shock:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Nov 2014 13:20

All ego? What are you wobbling on about now?

So now the players aren't being paid anything it must be an ego trip for the Chairman?

No-one else steps up to do the PA so the Chairman takes it on - all ego again I suppose?

The promotion of the club through an outlandish kit (if it ever arrives) is also all about the Chairman's ego I suppose?

I suppose it would be better if he just sat in the corner and said and did absolutely nothing? Yeah, that would have worked well when the old club folded wouldn't it? There'd have been no football and Stag Meadow without him stepping up that's for sure.

Personally speaking, I have only found him to be a quiet, humble and likeable chap - yes, he can be a bit of a prat at times on the PA and possibly speak without properly engaging brain, and he certainly hasn't handled the kit fiasco at all well, but he has always struck me as completely genuine and not egotistical in any way.

But then my glass is generally half-full and yours is perpetually half empty.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 01 Nov 2014 14:41

Four Of Clubs 48 Northwood v Guernsey - assuming they've remembered to book their flights this w/e! :shock:

They booked all the players on the 7am flight to Gatwick for the Carshalton match. Sadly they told the players to turn up for the 8:30 flight. Unsurprisingly the League has charged them with failing to fulfil the fixture.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Nov 2014 16:03

Royal Rother Bet Victor are going 11/8 Windsor against Highworth in the Vase on Saturday.

In the last few months we have made Binfield, Reading Town and Brimscombe & Thrupp look very ordinary so I'd suggest we have a definite edge over the Hellenic League.

We are a better team now than when we played those games so I think 11/8 is good / great value.

Oops! HT Windsor 0-3 Highworth.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Nov 2014 17:42

Royal Rother Well yes, it may well be one of the weakest, but I was only making comparison with the Hellenic. For me, apart from the games where we've battered Binfield and Reading Town, I personally haven't seen anything of Hellenic Football, but these are observations of neutral fans who follow both Windsor & Binfield.

The last comment made was "if Windsor want to get promoted from this level they should try to get across to the Hellenic as they'd be head and shoulders above everyone else in that league". Possibly an exaggeration on his part but that was it.

Taking that at face value, and the games I've witnessed suggests that the 11/8 is good value.

Cue a heavy defeat tomorrow! :wink:

Got the last bit spot on... :|

1-4 final score.

And as you suggested FOC, Bowan was a big part of the difference. A proper centre forward.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 Nov 2014 20:32

...results from this PM - I hope I haven't laboured over RR's grief too much below - good of him to have posted on here first and got it off his chest - unlike the replica shirts that haven't turned up yet! :D

Saturday 1st November

FA Trophy 1st Round Qualifying
30 Aylesbury 1-2 Merstham
31 Walton Casuals 2-4 Peacehaven & Telscombe
32 Dulwich Hamlet 3-0 Chalfont St Peter
42 Margate 0-2 Slough Town att 560 2nd biggest crowd of the round in the Southern ‘half’ behind Maidstone who got over 1200 for their win over Walton & H.
44 Uxbridge 6-1 Hythe Town
47 Burgess Hill Town 2-0 Chesham United
48 Northwood 2-2 Guernsey aet Northwood W 5-3 on pens
52 Hungerford Town 1-1 East Thurrock United
57 Burnham 2-2 Hitchin Town
59 South Park 1-4 Heybridge Swifts
65 Truro City 3-0 Egham Town
66 Poole Town 3-1 North Leigh
67 Paulton Rovers 3-0 Fleet Town
72 Bideford 3-3 Didcot Town

FA Vase 1st Round
60 Colliers Wood United 4-3 Ringmer aet FT 3-3
61 Chessington & Hook United 2-1 Camberley Town aet FT 1-1
64 Littlehampton Town 4-2 Guildford City aet FT 2-2
65 Ashford Town (Middx) 2-3 Loxwood
… was at this - AshTrees - currently 2nd in the CCL Premier - were outrun and out fought by, on the face of it, nothing more than a mid-table Sussex League outfit. Though they are on a good unbeaten run of late – not a league I take much notice of – mostly due to it being beyond the regularly impassable barrier that is the M25 anti-clockwise. :| I’ve managed to get to a couple of the nearer ones’ (Redhill, Dorking Wdrs) and a few coastal jobs by dint of leaving about mid-day.
Visiting defence defended properly – great communication from two big lads and two nippy full-backs tidying up. By contrast (and this does slightly re-inforce my expressed views above that the CCL is regarded, by many, as one of the weakest leagues at STEP05) the hosts back-four were pulled all over the place on numerous occasions. Threw more forwards on, when chasing the game at 2-3 but they merely managed to keep getting in each others’ way.

69 Raynes Park Vale 1-3 Westfield
70 Chertsey Town 1-2 Horley Town
76 Pagham 2-1 Spelthorne Sports
77 Thatcham Town 1-4 Flackwell Heath
79 Ardley United 1-2 Chippenham Park
80 Hook Norton 0-2 Newport (IW)
82 Windsor 1-4 Highworth Town att 147 – Oh dear! 0-3 at HT and eventually a hat-trick around the hour mark for (told you so) Bohane! Crinkly mouth time for RR then? :twisted:
83 Holmer Green 2-2 Ascot United aet FT 1-1
86 Melksham Town 2-1 Highmoor Ibis aet FT 1-1 att 115
87 Thame United 2-1 Chinnor att 283
89 Winchester City 0-3 Horndean
90 Farnham Town 3-3 Abingdon United
91 AFC Portchester 2-1 Reading Town

Thus a quick (probably woefully inaccurate - cos I'm bound to have mis-counted) summation of the 'featured' STEP05/06 leagues performance in the Vase 1st Round Proper today, pans out as follows:
(clubs in the draw for the 2nd Round on Monday from those competing in the 1st Round)
CCL 7 from 16 (Bedfont Sports play tomorrow PM at Horsham YMCA; who scored 11 in their last home game !) :?
HELL 5 from 13 - so roughly on a par with the CCL - included a surprise home defeat by Ardley to a STEP06 club from the WESTERN league. Though leaders HIghmoor did push the current top Western club, Melksham, all the way before losing in ET
SSM 10 from 17
WESSEX 7 from 11 - albeit they had a high number of all Wessex ties.
WESTERN 10 from 16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONFP
Aldershot Town 1-2 Gateshead FC - Sh!ts go down to a 91st minute sick’ner
Braintree Town 0-0 Woking
CONFS
Basingstoke Town 1-2 Chelmsford City :cry:
Bath City 2-0 St Albans City
Bishops Stortford 1-3 Hemel Hempstead Town
Concord Rangers 2-0 Weston-Super-Mare
Eastbourne Borough 1-4 Bromley
Farnborough 1-4 Gosport Borough
Staines Town 0-2 Ebbsfleet United
Wealdstone 1-1 Maidenhead United
Whitehawk 0-0 Havant & Waterlooville

CONFN
Brackley Town 1-1 Colwyn Bay
North Ferriby United 4-3 Oxford City – City led 3-1 at H/T

SOUTH1C
Beaconsfield SYCOB 1-0 North Greenford – Rams followed up their first home point of the season in midweek with a home win – albeit thanks to a 94th minute winner. Also claw their way off the bottom now occupied by AFC Hayes.
Marlow 1-2 Hanwell Town – Blues recent resurgence halted by surprise packages Hanwell following promotion out of the SSML – who also leapfrog Kettering into top-spot.

CCLP
Badshot Lea 3-4 Mole Valley SCR
Frimley Green 1-2 Hartley Wintney
CCL1
Alton Town 0-3 Epsom Athletic
CB Hounslow United 2-2 Ash United
Dorking 3-4 Worcester Park
Farleigh Rovers 3-2 Bedfont & Feltham
Sandhurst Town 0-6 Cobham
Sheerwater 0-2 Staines Lammas

HELLP
Holyport 2-1 Cheltenham Saracens
Kidlington 3-1 Bracknell Town
Milton United 2-1 Wootton Bassett Town
Oxford City Nomads 3-3 Binfield
Shrivenham 0-2 Newbury2nd away win in a week for Newbury after an impressive 3 points midweek at Nomads
HELL1W
Letcombe 2-3 North Leigh United
HELL1E
Easington Sports 2-1 Didcot Town Res
Finchampstead 3-0 Burnham Res
Headington Amateurs 4-1 Rayners Lane
Henley Town 3-2 Brackley Town 'Dev'
Old Woodstock Town 1-2 Woodley Town
Wokingham & Emmbrook P-P Chalfont Wasps – reportedly Wasps 1sts unable to raise a side – oddly enough their Reserves were able to play at home ..... to the Sumas 2nd string :shock: ?

WESSP
Alresford Town 2-2 Andover Town
Brockenhurst 0-1 Whitchurch United – ‘Jam Boys’ back top again as Petersfield are held at home by Hamworthy. Totton & Eling pick up only their 2nd point of the season with a stalemate at Blackfield – 2nd placed Moneyfields romp to a 5-0 win at Bournemouth (that’s the ‘Poppies’ not the ‘Cherries’!)
WESS1
Amesbury Town 4-1 Fleet Spurs
Andover New Street 1-1 East Cowes Victoria
Downton 2-3 Pewsey Vale
New Milton Town 1-3 Tadley Calleva - Tadley go top – previously unbeaten Spurs drop to 4th with a heavy defeat at Amesbury who are now 2nd. Team Solent are 3rd. A very odd league table developing - there is a cluster of seriously poor clubs at the foot of this table – indeed 5 with only 14 points and three wins between them! E.Cowes Vics already have a GD of -40 after 11 games, yet still have four clubs below them.
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 01 Nov 2014 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Nov 2014 22:00

I thought I'd better get in quick! :mrgreen:

Royalist

by Royalist » 02 Nov 2014 09:01

No apology on the piece of paper detailing how to get a refund and get this...you only have a few days to put the cheque from the club in the bank!! That's after they've had your money for months!! Shambles on top of a shambles!!! : :shock:

Rother perhaps Mr Stott just rubs me up the wrong way but i just feel he's in it for a ego trip. As far as i know he's not a local person so what other reason would he have for getting involved than ego? Not everything he has done is terrible but perhaps he needs to learn how to do the simple things and keep the big ideas to himself until they are 99.9% done.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Nov 2014 09:32

I agree with your last point.

He used to play for Windsor (so must have been local at some stage) which is where his self-confessed and costly love for the club started.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Nov 2014 15:12

Royalist No apology on the piece of paper detailing how to get a refund and get this...you only have a few days to put the cheque from the club in the bank!! That's after they've had your money for months!! Shambles on top of a shambles!!! : :shock:

Rother perhaps Mr Stott just rubs me up the wrong way but i just feel he's in it for a ego trip. As far as i know he's not a local person so what other reason would he have for getting involved than ego? Not everything he has done is terrible but perhaps he needs to learn how to do the simple things and keep the big ideas to himself until they are 99.9% done.

Absolutely and totally agree with this.

Where is the FSS Wall that people effectively paid £150 for over 3 years ago
The new kit is a farce in its own right without all the nonsense regarding the delivery
What has happened with the self sustainability model that was key to the new club being accepted by the FA?
3G training pitch?
A Club Secretary who is the most patronising and condescending individual whom I have ever had the misfortune to meet and work with

What scares me is the desire from KS to launch a ridiculous range of merchandise associated with the kit launch. When it comes to merchandise, leave it to the Supporters Club. The other thing is his desire to launch a new website for the club. There is nothing wrong with the existing website other than it contains very little information.

Hereonin, my money will go at the turnstile and behind the bar. Anything else I spend will be via the Supporters Club.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Nov 2014 13:42

With Reading being away this weekend and The Camerose being a short walk from my house, decided to pop down there and see the Conference South leaders for my first non-league game of the season.

Basingstoke played ok but lacked a cutting edge when in an advanced position, especially in the second half. It was a fairly even game and a draw would have been a fair result.

The ref gave a dubious penalty to Chelmsford in the 2nd half to make it 2-1, I couldn't say from where I was standing, but the Basingstoke players seemed convinced it was outside the box, so maybe a little harsh, the ref then continued to make some rather baffling decisions. A Chelmsford player could have easily seen red (and probably would have done had it been a Football League game) for which can only be described as flying lunge which caught the Basingstoke player around the midriff. There were other odd decisions, free-kicks not given and then a free-kick given for something innocuous a minute later, as if to make up for the incorrect decision.

But no matter, Basingstoke remain top of the league with Boreham Wood not in action this weekend and look forward to the FA Cup 1st round tie with bottom of the conference Telford in a very winnable game.

As a side note; had a rather pleasant chat with one James Harper while he was warming up as a sub. You can just tell he loves the game so much and doesn't care about what level he is playing at, he is just happy to play. Also he looks very very different with hair, almost didn't recognise him at first.

Royalist

by Royalist » 03 Nov 2014 21:52

Been chasing up some non league players i was sure would cut it at a higher level like Victor Osobu, Mike Gosney and Justin Bennett. Slightly surprised none of them ever had a crack at being a pro be it in the football league or conference when Gavin Tomlin, Morgaro Gomis and Solomon Taiwo all had a fair crack!

I guess it's a case of getting the stage to shine on like DJ Campbell did with the Yeading Cup run. He had a fantastic few years at Yeading but really wasn't miles and miles ahead of other players who just drifted away.

Anyone else got any names they were sure would of done well if they had the chance?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Nov 2014 19:11

W&E's and Sutton Uniteds early 1990's #9 Richard Evans?

Didcots' Concannon (sic) maybe

Ryan Zico-Black

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 05 Nov 2014 09:33

Conners was just a goal machine, not particularly a great footballer and he walks off with 3 goals...every game ha, I still play with him and another of the Vase winners every now and then on Wednesday nights and they are both still decent.

Diddy have got another one in John Mills, first time i've seen him play and not score last night during Diddy's superb FA trophy 2-1 win over Bideford. Uxbridge away next - IN

Mills ftr has 27 goals in all comps so far this season, not bad for the 5th of November.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Nov 2014 14:32

Royalist Been chasing up some non league players i was sure would cut it at a higher level like Victor Osobu, Mike Gosney and Justin Bennett. Slightly surprised none of them ever had a crack at being a pro be it in the football league or conference when Gavin Tomlin, Morgaro Gomis and Solomon Taiwo all had a fair crack!

I guess it's a case of getting the stage to shine on like DJ Campbell did with the Yeading Cup run. He had a fantastic few years at Yeading but really wasn't miles and miles ahead of other players who just drifted away.

Anyone else got any names they were sure would of done well if they had the chance?

TBH I didn't think Osobu had the touch / awareness required to make it as a pro - decent finisher though and boy was he quick.

Gosney, yes I agree. I didn't know but he apparently had a trial at Reading when he was with AFC Totton.

And yes, agree re Zico-Black.

I also really liked the look of Ross Allen for Guernsey when he played against Windsor - pure class at that level and has always scored a ridiculous number of goals. Apparently "fell out of love" with football at the end of last season despite scoring 54 goals! Did come back but doesn't seem to have played in the last 6 weeks. Whatever, at 27 his opportunity to step up to professional ranks will presumably have passed now.

Never thought Michael Chennells was going to be good enough despite getting a much publicised trial at Brentford. Good at finding space and a very decent finisher but again, his touch just wasn't good enough.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 07 Nov 2014 20:17

... here's the local 'NL' fixtures for tomorrow:

FRIDAY 7 NOVEMBER 2014
The FA Cup – 1st Rd Proper
8 19:55 Warrington Town v Exeter City - currently 1-0 to 'The Wire'
(Live on BBC2)

SATURDAY 8 NOVEMBER 2014
The FA Cup – 1st Rd Proper
1 Mansfield Town v Concord Rangers
3 Yeovil Town v Crawley Town
4 York City v AFC Wimbledon
5 Walsall v Shrewsbury Town
9 Eastleigh v Lincoln City
10 Basingstoke Town v AFC Telford United
11 Dagenham & Redbridge v Southport
12 Weston Super Mare v Doncaster Rovers
13 Peterborough United v Carlisle United
14 Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town
15 Bromley v Dartford
17 Barnet v Wycombe Wanderers
18 Gillingham v Bristol City
21 Crewe Alexandra v Sheffield United
22 Grimsby Town v Oxford United
23 Tranmere Rovers v Bristol Rovers
24 Southend United v Chester
25 Luton Town v Newport County
27 Bury v Hemel Hempstead Town
28 Cambridge United v Fleetwood Town
29 Northampton Town v Rochdale
30 Dover Athletic v Morecambe
31 Port Vale v Milton Keynes Dons
33 Plymouth Argyle v AFC Fylde
34 Barnsley v Burton Albion
35 Hartlepool United v East Thurrock United
37 Oldham Athletic v Leyton Orient

Sunday FA Cup Ties
12:00 Halifax V Bradford
14:00 Blyth Spartans V Altrincham
14:00 Braintree V Chesterfield
14:00 Coventry V Worcester City
14:00 Forest Green V Scunthorpe
14:00 Gosport Borough V Colchester
14:00 Norton United V Gateshead
14:00 Portsmouth V Aldershot
14:00 Stevenage V Maidstone United
14:00 Wrexham V Woking
15:00 Notts County V Accrington

CONFN
Oxford City v Stalybridge Celtic
CONFS
Boreham Wood v Wealdstone
Chelmsford City v Hayes & Yeading Utd
Ebbsfleet United v Bath City
St Albans City v Whitehawk
Sutton United v Eastbourne Borough

SOUTHP
Cambridge City v Hungerford Town
Corby Town v Chesham United
Poole Town v Burnham
Slough Town v Paulton Rovers
SOUTH1C
Bedworth United v AFC Hayes
Egham Town v Daventry Town
Hanwell Town v Bedford Town
Kettering Town v Godalming Town
Marlow v Potters Bar Town
Northwood v Beaconsfield SYCOB
Rugby Town v Aylesbury
St Ives Town v Aylesbury United
Uxbridge v Chalfont St Peter
SOUTH1S&W
Fleet Town v Stratford Town
North Leigh v Clevedon Town
Wantage Town v Merthyr Town
... no game for Diddy this w/e - 'Railwaymen' did edge past Bideford in their FA Trophy Replay 2-1 at the Loop. Now have a much shorter trip to Uxbridge in the next round on Sat15th - more in next weeks preview. (Though for some reason they've 'dropped' the 'double-up' arrangement and the next round of the Vase is being played the following w/e 22nd).

CCLP
Badshot Lea v Molesey
Bedfont Sports v Epsom & Ewell
Camberley Town v Hanworth Villa
Colliers Wood United v Guildford City
Farnham Town v Windsor
Frimley Green v Cove
Hartley Wintney v Ashford Town (Middx)
Knaphill
v Mole Valley SCR
Raynes Park Vale v Westfield
Spelthorne Sports v Chertsey Town

CCL1
Banstead Athletic v Alton Town
Bedfont & Feltham v AFC Croydon Athletic
Chessington & Hook United v Dorking
14:00 Cobham v Ash United
Eversley & California v Farleigh Rovers
Sheerwater v Sandhurst Town
Staines Lammas v Epsom Athletic
14:00 Worcester Park v CB Hounslow United
... the weather evidently was far worse further east on Tuesday night as the entire league schedule was wiped out by the rain!

HELLP
Abingdon United v Binfield - might be a tougher one than expected for the 'Moles' up at the Northcourt - Ab U. have just recruited a raft of people who've recently departed Wantage including big target man Jimmy Deabill. The U's walloped Farnham 5-1 in their Vase relay on Tuesday - incl Deabill hat-trick. Reportedly Binfield are having problems at CB too - with several options out unavailable or injured - so not the best time to be taking on a side with a real big fellah up front. :?

Ascot United v Ardley United - 'Yellamen' got over their unexpected stumble at Holmer Green on Saturday in the Vase - emphatically progressing to the next round with a 7-0 win in the replay on Tue evening. they'll need to be at their best to get past rapidly improving Ardley.

Brimscombe & Thrupp v Bracknell Town
Cheltenham Saracens v Flackwell Heath
Highmoor Ibis v Milton United - Ascot's involvement in the replay above meant the big E.Berks clash with 'Moles', scheduled for last Monday, was postponed - so I was left with the option of Flackwell's visit to Palmer Pk that night. Crowd close to three figures, saw a strangely docile Highmoor take the lead against an equally out of sorts 'Heathens'. Both clubs seemed to be missing a few regulars but Highmoor were certainly not in possession of their usual 'bite' - Flackwell slowly ground up through the gears and ran out very comfortable 3-1 winners.

Kidlington v Reading Town - Kiddy leaped to the top on Tuesday night, with a 4-0 rout of Newbury at Faraday Rd and thanks to Ascot being otherwise engaged & H/I 's defeat the night before. RTFC kept up their recently improved form, with a big win 5-1 @ Div 1 NC Swindon on Wednesday in the Floodlit Cup.

Newbury v Holyport - 'port's good little run of late faltered at Thame in midweek beaten 2-1
Shrivenham v Thame United
HELL1W
Tytherington Rocks v Letcombe
HELL1E
Brackley Town 'Dev' v Chinnor
Burnham Res v Henley Town
Didcot Town Res v Chalfont Wasps
14:15 Easington Sports v Wokingham & Emmbrook
14:15 Finchampstead v Old Woodstock Town
14:15 Penn & Tylers Green v Rayners Lane

Berks & Bucks Intermediate Cup Round 3
Woodley Town v Cookham Dean @ Scours Lane

WESSP
Fareham Town v Andover Town
Whitchurch United v Christchurch
Winchester City v Brockenhurst
WESS1
Cowes Sports v Tadley Calleva
Fleet Spurs v United Services Portsmouth

nailseabiscuitman

by nailseabiscuitman » 08 Nov 2014 10:41

Having moved to Warrington I have started going to their games and what a difference to League football. None of the posing, play-acting drama queens, just good old fashioned football. OK, so their might only be small crowds but at least they are friendly and you can even stand there with a beer watching the game. Not that you could have done last night. History making win over Exeter. Haven't enjoyed a cup match as much for years. Been following Royals for over 50 years now, this took me back to my early days

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Nov 2014 10:53

Great stuff, agree with all you say. Added "bonus", you can chat with oppo supporters as most of the abhorrent posturing and abusive nonsense hasn't made it down to the lower non leagues.

Were Exeter fans up for a chat last night?

nailseabiscuitman

by nailseabiscuitman » 09 Nov 2014 10:18

Royal Rother Great stuff, agree with all you say. Added "bonus", you can chat with oppo supporters as most of the abhorrent posturing and abusive nonsense hasn't made it down to the lower non leagues.

Were Exeter fans up for a chat last night?

Yes indeed they were, shoulder to shoulder in the clubhouse queuing for a beer and having a good chat. Took me back to Spread Eagle days of many moons ago. Also very complimentary about Jake Taylor and seem to think their next big thing is Matty Grimes
Last edited by nailseabiscuitman on 09 Nov 2014 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Nov 2014 10:30

Wheels off for Windsor, losing 6-3 at Farnham.

It all started so well, going 1 up with a cracking goal in the 1st minute, and playing some great stuff for the 1st 20 mins.

Unfortunately there were another 70 minutes in which Farnham looked like scoring every time they crossed the half way line. Bizarre actually because they didn't do anything particularly special but they well and truly pulled our pants down and administered a sound spanking.

Some debatable selections may not have helped - particularly playing our outstanding left footed left winger on the right for the 1st time didn't help one little bit.

Carl Dennison in sticks is much missed but he is playing this week in the Ressies apparently so should be back soon. That will help.

10547 posts