The Non - League thread

10545 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The Non - League thread

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2018 10:56

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews From what I have heard he stays out of team selection and tactics altogether now, he has no need to be involved with the team doing well. He brought Tally in as Football Director to do that side of things and avoid putting himself in that position. Thats from a coach and a player at the club with no reason to lie. Tally still desperately wants to manage the football team IMO and it wouldn't shock me at all if he is named manager. I'm down there Thursday evening for a meeting so I will try to extract information direct from the source..

A Football Director shouldn't be involved in selection and tactics either, unless the manager asks him to be. I'm sure Tally does want to manage though, he's been a manager for years and didn't appear to want to take a back seat at all when he was manager before. It makes appointing him Football Director an odd move, especially with a young Player/Manager who brought in his own staff with him (Geoff Warner and Gavin Smith).

Bracknell Town’s chairman Kayne Steinborn-Busse “Some early speculation concerning Mark Tallentire returning to the hot seat won’t be happening as Mark is enjoying his broader Board Level position helping shape the Educational Acadmey, and working on our longer term goals.”

Watch them run out of options and appoint Tally, if any of the bookies cared I would stick a fiver on it. Looking around locally I don't think there are many stand out candidates so they may have to broaden their search. Wouldn't be shocked to see a decent ex-pro get the job who has just done his badges, someone with name value.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Nov 2018 11:14

Old Man Andrews Watch them run out of options and appoint Tally, if any of the bookies cared I would stick a fiver on it. Looking around locally I don't think there are many stand out candidates so they may have to broaden their search. Wouldn't be shocked to see a decent ex-pro get the job who has just done his badges, someone with name value.

Nothing would surprise me...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Nov 2018 14:24

Old Man Andrews
Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews From what I have heard he stays out of team selection and tactics altogether now, he has no need to be involved with the team doing well. He brought Tally in as Football Director to do that side of things and avoid putting himself in that position. Thats from a coach and a player at the club with no reason to lie. Tally still desperately wants to manage the football team IMO and it wouldn't shock me at all if he is named manager. I'm down there Thursday evening for a meeting so I will try to extract information direct from the source..

A Football Director shouldn't be involved in selection and tactics either, unless the manager asks him to be. I'm sure Tally does want to manage though, he's been a manager for years and didn't appear to want to take a back seat at all when he was manager before. It makes appointing him Football Director an odd move, especially with a young Player/Manager who brought in his own staff with him (Geoff Warner and Gavin Smith).

Bracknell Town’s chairman Kayne Steinborn-Busse “Some early speculation concerning Mark Tallentire returning to the hot seat won’t be happening as Mark is enjoying his broader Board Level position helping shape the Educational Acadmey, and working on our longer term goals.”

Watch them run out of options and appoint Tally, if any of the bookies cared I would stick a fiver on it. Looking around locally I don't think there are many stand out candidates so they may have to broaden their search. Wouldn't be shocked to see a decent ex-pro get the job who has just done his badges, someone with name value.

Jaap's available.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Nov 2018 09:15

Martin Kuhl has been appointed as the new manager at Basingstoke.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Nov 2018 09:22

Hoop Blah Martin Kuhl has been appointed as the new manager at Basingstoke.

I feel there needs to be a countdown clock for Aaron Kuhl signing for them.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Nov 2018 16:13

Geoff Warner appointed Bracknell Town manager.

For those not close to the club this is about as safe an appointment as you'll get. Geoff is as old school as it gets.

It is also a complete puppet appointment, Tally will pick the team.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 29 Nov 2018 16:26

Great appointment For Basingstoke, Martin is a top manager who I believe will manage in the football league one day

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 29 Nov 2018 16:45

Rea Ding

Great appointment For Basingstoke, Martin is a top manager who I believe will manage in the football league one day

'Stoke must be pinching themselves really. Absolutely skint , awful owner, best player out on trial at Sunderland (and possibly signing for them or Sheff Wed).

If he'd been at the game on Tuesday where they were soundly beaten by Hartley Wintney (again - but this time at home, in the league, and by 2 clear goals!) - I can imagine he was having second thoughts.

I'd imagine if he stays long enough for Aaron's injury to heal and get playing again - we'll be seeing him at the Camrose.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2018 17:40

BraisingsteakRoyal
Rea Ding

'Stoke must be pinching themselves really. Absolutely skint , awful owner, best player out on trial at Sunderland (and possibly signing for them or Sheff Wed).

If he'd been at the game on Tuesday where they were soundly beaten by Hartley Wintney (again - but this time at home, in the league, and by 2 clear goals!) - I can imagine he was having second thoughts.

I'd imagine if he stays long enough for Aaron's injury to heal and get playing again - we'll be seeing him at the Camrose.

I thought they had left the Camrose - or have they just called their new place the same thing?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 29 Nov 2018 21:00

Who is the player?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 29 Nov 2018 21:20

Sutekh
I thought they had left the Camrose - or have they just called their new place the same thing?

....found a statement from the end of last month, buried away on their website, reporting they will be at Camrose for all of 18/19.

The aim is to commence playing their games the following season, at the Hants FA facility at Winklebury - which will need extensive redevelopment.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 30 Nov 2018 09:17

Four Of Clubs
Sutekh

....found a statement from the end of last month, buried away on their website, reporting they will be at Camrose for all of 18/19.

The aim is to commence playing their games the following season, at the Hants FA facility at Winklebury - which will need extensive redevelopment.

Winklebury really isn't suitable IMO. Though I believe they are going to a 3G(4G?) pitch soon.

Horrible area as well.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 30 Nov 2018 09:18

Fareham Town v Portland in the Wessex for me tomorrow.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 30 Nov 2018 10:28

LWJ
Four Of Clubs
Sutekh

Winklebury really isn't suitable IMO. Though I believe they are going to a 3G(4G?) pitch soon.

Horrible area as well.

Horrible area, granted - but it's a decent little ground tbf.

Arguably better quality than the Camrose, and easily big enough to cope with the circa 3-400 supporters they get on an average week.

Might struggle when your Lutons or your Herefords come to town, but I feel that Basingstoke may be playing at one or even two levels lower in the coming seasons, unfortunately - so these 'big clubs' will be few and far between.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 30 Nov 2018 11:23

BraisingsteakRoyal

Arguably better quality than the Camrose, and easily big enough to cope with the circa 3-400 supporters they get on an average week.

Might struggle when your Lutons or your Herefords come to town, but I feel that Basingstoke may be playing at one or even two levels lower in the coming seasons, unfortunately - so these 'big clubs' will be few and far between.

I can't comment on the Camrose as have never been, nor have I been to a B'stoke game so maybe I'm way off the mark.

My opinion is based on my experience of refereeing at Winklebury, typically in cup finals for the local Sunday leagues. I just couldn't imagine it hosting 'proper' football.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Nov 2018 12:40

BraisingsteakRoyal Might struggle when your Lutons or your Herefords come to town, but I feel that Basingstoke may be playing at one or even two levels lower in the coming seasons, unfortunately - so these 'big clubs' will be few and far between.

Hi mate, Luton are in the upper echelons of League 1 and Hereford are struggling at the foot of the Conference North. Basingstoke won't be playing either any time soon so I'm not sure of what your point is.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Nov 2018 14:24

BraisingsteakRoyal
LWJ
Four Of Clubs

Horrible area as well.

But will it struggle when your Bracknells or your Winchesters come to town?

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 30 Nov 2018 14:58

John Smith
BraisingsteakRoyal Might struggle when your Lutons or your Herefords come to town, but I feel that Basingstoke may be playing at one or even two levels lower in the coming seasons, unfortunately - so these 'big clubs' will be few and far between.

Hi mate, Luton are in the upper echelons of League 1 and Hereford are struggling at the foot of the Conference North. Basingstoke won't be playing either any time soon so I'm not sure of what your point is.

They played Hereford in March of this year, but Luton I give you - I was just thinking of a 'big team' that have been around Conference level recently.

I take it back, and swap it with a Bradford.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 30 Nov 2018 15:03

Sutekh
BraisingsteakRoyal
LWJ Winklebury really isn't suitable IMO. Though I believe they are going to a 3G(4G?) pitch soon.

Horrible area as well.

But will it struggle when your Bracknells or your Winchesters come to town?

Sadly, even playing local rivals like Farnborough and Hartley Wintney seems to barely raise the gate these days. I think a fresh start, new ground, new manager, possibly becoming community owned - would be the only way ahead for them.

As for Winch - i've been to a few games down there as my mate lives right next to it. Cracking afternoon out, and decent club imho.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Nov 2018 15:47

BraisingsteakRoyal
John Smith

They played Hereford in March of this year, but Luton I give you - I was just thinking of a 'big team' that have been around Conference level recently.

I take it back, and swap it with a Bradford.

I think you might want to go and lie down pal.

10545 posts