The Non - League thread

10440 posts
Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Four Of Clubs » 16 Dec 2018 20:06

KC Royal I've been meaning to ask, what Kent grounds have you been to?

Sorry KCR - took a while to get round to answering this:

...having 'growed up in farvest Fannit' - surprisingly few whilst I lived there - even though I went to 'Ramsgit' faithfully for a few years.
Didn't tend to travel away much back then, that I can remember; other than for our fairly regular whupping at Hartsdown; that's on the few occasions we were in the same division as that mob from the other side of the 'Isle' - or for the odd 'Kent Messenger Trophy' tie. (was over 40 years ago! :shock: )

Since then done most of the N.Kent coast 'Senior sides' except Chatham - but they've dropped down to the 'Kent league' (tagged the Southern Counties East league)

...at that level (STEP05) I've still got about a 1/3 left to do but managed a fair few inside the M25 - and with considerably more to visit in the lower division .

So in the upper levels (STEPS 1-4) done Margate, Ramsgate (obviously), Bromley, Welling (for 'those' Cup replays :twisted: ), Dartford, VCD, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Faversham, Ashford Town AND subsequently United - (though probably only away) & Ebbsfleet. I went back when they were still Gravesend & Northfleet

I've still not managed to get down as far as Dover or Folkestone yet nor Sevenoaks but I did do Deal - albeit probably in the mid 60s! :o .
Had pondered Phoenix Sports yesterday - they play about a long-throw's distance from VCD's ground - but decided against the M25 that far round - wish we'd decided against it full-stop (see below :( :evil: )

- Not been to Sittingbourne, who are still 'lodging' a few miles south of the town, at the home of the former Kent club Woodstock Sports - who folded themselves about 3-4 years ago, leaving 'The Brickies' with vacant possession, as it were.
I did see a game at their former home @ Bourne Park which they shared for a while with Maidstone.
- This was adjacent to the far grander Central Park stadium @ Murston, which they had to vacate due to excessive debt, I think is only used for Greyhound/Speedway (Kent Kings) & Monster Trucks now?

From Berks any journey in that direction is fraught with M'way problems - so we tend to choose the clockwise options on the Orbital to Essex/E.Anglia for any long trips eastwards. We'll get there ... eventually...... 8)
:mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's the round-up of yesterday's NL that survived the deluge - seemed worse in the SW

Fixtures 181215

FA Trophy R1
14 Wingate & Finchley 2-0 Dulwich Hamlet
15 Biggleswade Town 2-1 Wealdstone
16 Maidenhead United A-A Oxford City att 1,000 abandoned 76’ (0-1) re-match Tue 18th
17 Hereford 2-1 Billericay Town
18 Aldershot Town 3-3 Bedford Town
19 Carshalton Athletic 1-0 Dorking Wanderers
20 Hemel Hempstead Town 2-1 Eastleigh
21 Dover Athletic 2-2 Havant & Waterlooville
22 Woking 1-1 Maidstone United
23 Ebbsfleet United 0-1 Dagenham & Redbridge
24 Barnet 3-2 Bath City
25 Bromley 2-1 Sutton United
26 Truro City 4-0 Weston super Mare
27 Salisbury P-P Braintree Town
28 Boreham Wood 3-1 Torquay United aet FT 1-1
29 Leyton Orient 4-0 Beaconsfield Town
30 Brackley Town 4-2 Hayes & Yeading United
31 Weymouth P-P Needham Market
32 Eastbourne Borough 0-4 Dorchester Town

IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) 2-0 Chalfont St Peter
Bedfont Sports 4-1 Egham Town
Marlow
1-3 Waltham Abbey – league leaders ‘Blues’ humbled by 3rd placed Abbey – Hayes & Yeading will go top if they avoid defeat at Chalfont St P. this Tuesday – and would still have two games in hand.
Northwood 2-2 Hanwell Town
Uxbridge 0-2 Cheshunt
Ware {SEVEN} 7-2 Bracknell Town - :o :o :o 4-1 at HT. Robins drop to 4th having not won now, in their last 6.
Westfield 1-1 South Park

SLP-C
Banbury United 4-1 Kettering Town
SLP-S
Frome Town 2-0 Staines Town
Hartley Wintney
3-1 Taunton Town – HW get a good win over the leaders. 2nd placed Merthyr surprisingly well-beaten too, 0-3 at Harrow
Kings Langley 5-1 Farnborough
Poole Town P-P Chesham United
Swindon Supermarine 5-2 Basingstoke Town
Walton Casuals 5-1 Hendon
SL1-C
Aylesbury United 2-4 Berkhamsted
Barton Rovers 2-3 Kidlington Kiddy out of the bottom two
Didcot Town 3-2 Corby Town
Thame United 4-2 Welwyn Garden City – hat-trick for West
Yaxley 6-2 North Leigh – Nor Lye now bottom
SL1-S
Larkhall Athletic 3-1 Fleet Town
Paulton Rovers 2-2 Highworth Townhome side levelled on 93’
Winchester City 2-2 Bideford

CCLP
Abbey Rangers 2-0 Southall
Banstead Athletic 3-2 Balham
Camberley Town 5-1 Guildford City
Chertsey Town
6-0 Walton & Hersham
Cobham {SEVEN} 7-0 CB Hounslow United
Colliers Wood United 6-2 Badshot Lea
Horley Town 2-5 Sutton Common Rovers
Knaphill 0-3 Hanworth Villa
Redhill 2-2 AFC Hayes
Spelthorne Sports 3-0 Raynes Park Vale
- Poor weather brought out the goals in this division : 51 in 10 games and at least they all played to a finish
CCL1
Ash United A-A Godalming Town
Bagshot 1-3 Fleet Spurs
Bedfont & Feltham 2-1 Eversley & California
Chessington & Hook United 3-1 Dorking Wanderers Res
Farnham Town A-A Cove abandoned around the hour mark - sadly for rock-bottom Cove they were leading 2-1!
Kensington Borough 0-3 Sheerwater
Sandhurst Town P-P British Airways
Tooting Bec P-P FC Deportivo Galicia

HELLP
Abingdon United 0-0 Holmer Green
Ascot United
1-0 Bishops Cleeve - Ascot re-take top spot with Saints game being abandoned - though the former leaders were trailing 0-3 in the swamp at Lydney
Lydney Town A-A Brackley Town Saints
Reading City P-P Shrivenham
Tuffley Rovers 1-3 Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Wantage Town 4-1 Fairford Town
Windsor 1-3 Brimscombe & Thrupp - reportedly was Windsor’s first home league game for 46 days and first at home on a Sat for 70?
- B&T consolidate 3rd place

HELL1E
AFC Aldermaston P-P Abingdon Town
Chinnor A-A Penn & Tylers Green
Holyport A-A Woodley United
Thame Rangers P-P Chalvey Sports
Reading Senior
Wallingford Town P-P Virginia Water
- completing the wipe-out in this division - though not actually sure when the match at Thame was re-arranged as it was obviously not off due to the weather – visitors were tweeting no game for them on Friday so more than likely an oversight by someone at Thame. The Firsts (United) were scheduled to be at home ?
- must have got increasingly bad locally around 16:00 onwards as all bar two of the Thames Valley Premier games were abandoned - the two easterly grounds survived: (Wraysbury and Richings Pk - up beyond Sluff)

WESS1
Petersfield Town 3-4 Hythe & Dibden

…all other Wessex league games were postponed (apart from a game at Hamworthy nr Poole)

We headed, for a change, anti-clockwise round the M25 - departure much delayed by missus chatting too long before coming home to let me have her car :evil: - eldest had 'pinched' mine to go down nr Alton (Bellringing) . This ruled out most of our options for any new grounds, so we decided to aim for one of two still in range: Lingfield 3-1 Broadbridge Heath in the Southern Combination Premier League (ex-Sussex) - though the home side are actually based in Surrey :P
We could also have opted for Alfold v Midhurst in the division below and gone via Guildford thus avoiding later the M'way travails - in hindsight a doubly poor decision perhaps, as the score there was 10-0.
Lots of traffic around Bracknell and then Chertsey but we arrived just about on KO.
Was pi$$ing it down for most of the game - the club had a close-circuit feed of the game from inside the bar - which is where my mate sat for the duration. Was a fairly ok tussle in terrible condition with the hosts running out 3-1 winners.
left the ground - about 6-7 miles S of jn6 of M25 and headed home at about 16:55.
Approaching the Gatwick turn - signs appearing of 'Serious Accident Long Delays' etc - not a peep from local radio - indeed no Travel news at all on the stations we tried - AND I had that normally fairly annoying feature set, to interrupt broadcasts with local Beeb Travel bulletins.
- Whilst increasingly in a stationary condition, I carefully managed to check the Net on my phone (ssh) and discovered news of 3 of 4 lanes closed and vehicle fire following an accident at 16:30 nr Leatherhead.
The M'way Camera site was reporting 'normal conditions' expected as initially 21:30 then 23:45 then 03:45 ! :shock: :?

Eventually got to Cobham Services beyond the site of the incident at about 21:40. I have been stuck in similar delays before but not quite that drastic and seen plenty more on the other carriageway - whilst thinking how lucky I am not to get stuck.

- At least we finally got home (about 22:40) with nothing more than a bout of seriously strained bladders - not good at our age. 8) Someone may not have got out of that at all - by the time we'd got past they'd removed most of the debris - only two relatively unscathed sporty-looking black (not blackened :? ) BMW's slewed across lanes 1&2 - can only hope they weren't anything to do with the cause and that other innocents didn't suffered as a result of carelessness (too easy to assume that of course :? )
- there were at least half-a doz. ambulances, heading back the other way for the duration of the queue.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 17 Dec 2018 18:26

Four Of Clubs
KC Royal I've been meaning to ask, what Kent grounds have you been to?

Sorry KCR - took a while to get round to answering this:

...having 'growed up in farvest Fannit' - surprisingly few whilst I lived there - even though I went to 'Ramsgit' faithfully for a few years.
Didn't tend to travel away much back then, that I can remember; other than for our fairly regular whupping at Hartsdown; that's on the few occasions we were in the same division as that mob from the other side of the 'Isle' - or for the odd 'Kent Messenger Trophy' tie. (was over 40 years ago! :shock: )

Since then done most of the N.Kent coast 'Senior sides' except Chatham - but they've dropped down to the 'Kent league' (tagged the Southern Counties East league)

...at that level (STEP05) I've still got about a 1/3 left to do but managed a fair few inside the M25 - and with considerably more to visit in the lower division .

So in the upper levels (STEPS 1-4) done Margate, Ramsgate (obviously), Bromley, Welling (for 'those' Cup replays :twisted: ), Dartford, VCD, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Faversham, Ashford Town AND subsequently United - (though probably only away) & Ebbsfleet. I went back when they were still Gravesend & Northfleet

I've still not managed to get down as far as Dover or Folkestone yet nor Sevenoaks but I did do Deal - albeit probably in the mid 60s! :o .
Had pondered Phoenix Sports yesterday - they play about a long-throw's distance from VCD's ground - but decided against the M25 that far round - wish we'd decided against it full-stop (see below :( :evil: )

- Not been to Sittingbourne, who are still 'lodging' a few miles south of the town, at the home of the former Kent club Woodstock Sports - who folded themselves about 3-4 years ago, leaving 'The Brickies' with vacant possession, as it were.
I did see a game at their former home @ Bourne Park which they shared for a while with Maidstone.
- This was adjacent to the far grander Central Park stadium @ Murston, which they had to vacate due to excessive debt, I think is only used for Greyhound/Speedway (Kent Kings) & Monster Trucks now?

From Berks any journey in that direction is fraught with M'way problems - so we tend to choose the clockwise options on the Orbital to Essex/E.Anglia for any long trips eastwards. We'll get there ... eventually...... 8)
:mrgreen:

Thanks for this :)

How long ago did you do Herne Bay & Whitstable? They're the only two I've done from that list. Not doing Margate when Maidenhead won promotion there a couple of seasons ago will always be a regret.

I know what you mean about the M25 problems. On that stretch if you manage to get round without any delays you've done well, though generally Sat evening is ok.

FA Trophy R1

"16 Maidenhead United A-A Oxford City att 1,000 abandoned 76’ (0-1) re-match Tue 18th"

The attendance I saw was just 291! :shock: And from the updates I read, a lucky escape for Maidenhead, not sure they were looking like getting back into the tie.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 17 Dec 2018 18:52

Four Of Clubs
left the ground - about 6-7 miles S of jn6 of M25 and headed home at about 16:55.
Approaching the Gatwick turn - signs appearing of 'Serious Accident Long Delays' etc - not a peep from local radio - indeed no Travel news at all on the stations we tried - AND I had that normally fairly annoying feature set, to interrupt broadcasts with local Beeb Travel bulletins.
- Whilst increasingly in a stationary condition, I carefully managed to check the Net on my phone (ssh) and discovered news of 3 of 4 lanes closed and vehicle fire following an accident at 16:30 nr Leatherhead.
The M'way Camera site was reporting 'normal conditions' expected as initially 21:30 then 23:45 then 03:45 ! :shock: :?

Eventually got to Cobham Services beyond the site of the incident at about 21:40. I have been stuck in similar delays before but not quite that drastic and seen plenty more on the other carriageway - whilst thinking how lucky I am not to get stuck.

- At least we finally got home (about 22:40) with nothing more than a bout of seriously strained bladders - not good at our age. 8) Someone may not have got out of that at all - by the time we'd got past they'd removed most of the debris - only two relatively unscathed sporty-looking black (not blackened :? ) BMW's slewed across lanes 1&2 - can only hope they weren't anything to do with the cause and that other innocents didn't suffered as a result of carelessness (too easy to assume that of course :? )
- there were at least half-a doz. ambulances, heading back the other way for the duration of the queue.[/color][/i]

I find the travel bulletins on a weekend evening not to be good at all. It doesn't take much for the M25 to come to an absolute standstill if there's been a serious accident, you've just got to hope you're not on the motorway after its happened at that time.

I remember a serious accident just east of the M23 on the day of Brighton's 1st game at the Amex and some fans didn't make the game as a result. We were going to the RFC-Millwall game that day (Aug 2011) and I suspect had we not planned a diversion (very much the scenic route!) before setting off we would have missed kick off (we didn't get there until after 2 IIRC after a very long journey and it felt like we'd only scratched the surface of the problems). As it turned out all the action in that game happened in the 2nd half, if we'd missed the first half entirely we wouldn't have missed much! Seem to remember the M25 still wasn't open for that stretch by the time of the return journey.

Encountered other severe problems, the summer seems to be the worst time, for a while it felt like it happened every year.

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 17 Dec 2018 22:02

Needham Market have pulled out of the FA Trophy

Game on Saturday was apparently called off about an hour before kick off. The FA wanted them to trek back down to Weymouth for Tuesday night but Needham Market said no on the grounds of players and staff having to take more time off work this week (2 days) for a 500 mile round trip and were requesting 22nd or 29th December. The FA rejected the request and seems Weymouth have been less than helpful.

http://www.needhammarketfc.co.uk/news/fa-trophy-statement-2377858.html

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Dec 2018 20:35

From last night. FA Trophy R1 Replay

Bedford Town (Step 3 - SLD1C) 7-0 Aldershot Town (Step 1 - NL) :shock:

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 20 Dec 2018 08:18

Sutekh From last night. FA Trophy R1 Replay

They were due to play their academy/youth team due to their injury list and FA rules preventing them from registering new players after the original tie was played.....Aldershot that is.
:)

EDIT:
Appears they did in fact play their academy side
https://www.theshots.co.uk/bedford-town-7-0-shots/
They have the same issue for Saturday in the league vs Wrexham.
Last edited by Tad Showbiz on 20 Dec 2018 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2018 08:19

Problems at Bracknell Town. After last weeks thrashing the wheels are well and truly coming off, watch this space.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Dec 2018 12:09

Tad Showbiz

They were due to play their academy/youth team due to their injury list and FA rules preventing them from registering new players after the original tie was played.....Aldershot that is.

EDIT:

I pray Aldershot fold

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Dec 2018 23:08

NL Fixtures Sat 22nd December

NAT
Aldershot Town v Wrexham
Bromley v Maidenhead United
NATN
York City v Brackley Town
NATS
Bath City v Chelmsford City
Billericay Town v Woking
Concord Rangers v Chippenham Town
Dartford v Hungerford Town
Eastbourne Borough v St Albans City
Gloucester City v Dulwich Hamlet
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Torquay United
Hemel Hempstead Town v Welling United
Oxford City v Weston-super-Mare
Slough Town v East Thurrock United
Truro City v Wealdstone

ILP
Merstham v Dorking Wanderers
IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) v Hanwell Town
Chalfont St Peter v Marlow
FC Romania v Bracknell Town
Hayes & Yeading United
v Bedfont Sports
Westfield v Egham Town

SLP-C
Banbury United v Rushall Olympic
SLP- S
Basingstoke Town v Walton Casuals
Hartley Wintney v Poole Town
Merthyr Town v Chesham United
Salisbury v Beaconsfield Town
Staines Town
v Taunton Town
Tiverton Town v Swindon Supermarine
Wimborne Town v Farnborough
SL1-SC
Aylesbury United v Peterborough Sports
Berkhamsted v Thame United
Kidlington
v Didcot Town
North Leigh v Aylesbury
SL1-S
Bristol Manor Farm v Winchester City
Highworth Town
v Larkhall Athletic
Melksham Town v Fleet Town
Thatcham Town
v Paulton Rovers

CCL
AFC Hayes v Banstead Athletic
Badshot Lea v Horley Town
Balham v Chertsey Town
CB Hounslow United v Camberley Town - pitch rated doubtful
Guildford City v Abbey Rangers - City still at Godalming - have seen they are going to 'borrow' other venues until May as the Spectrum won't be available 'til next season now.
Hanworth Villa v Spelthorne Sports
Knaphill
v Cobham
Raynes Park Vale v Redhill
Sutton Common Rovers v Colliers Wood United
Walton & Hersham v Southall
CCL1
Bagshot v Tooting Bec
British Airways v Chessington & Hook United
Cove v Frimley Green
Dorking Wanderers Res v Godalming Town
Eversley & California v Sandhurst Town
FC Deportivo Galicia v Bedfont & Feltham
Fleet Spurs v Ash United
Sheerwater P-P Epsom & Ewell - landlords (Woking) don’t want the pitch overused before their big Cup Game on Sun 6th Jan (v Watford) .
- The ‘Cards’ do have two league games of their own scheduled before then. Might have been why our u23’s game was switched this week too?

HELL
Bishops Cleeve v Wantage Town
Brimscombe & Thrupp v Flackwell Heath
Fairford Town v Reading City
Holmer Green
v Binfield
Longlevens v Brackley Town Saints
Lydney Town v Ascot United
Tuffley Rovers v Ardley United
Virginia Water v Abingdon United
HELL1E
Milton United v Holyport
Penn & Tylers Green v Didcot Town Development
Thame Rangers v Chinnor
Wallingford Town
v Chalvey Sports
Wokingham & Emmbrook
v Burnham
Reading Senior Cup
AFC Aldermaston v Cookham Dean

WESS
Bemerton Heath Harlequins v Tadley Calleva
Bournemouth v Alresford Town
Lymington Town v Andover New Street
WESS1
Alton v Petersfield Town
Andover Town
v Laverstock & Ford
Hythe & Dibden v Whitchurch United

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Dec 2018 10:31

Old Man Andrews Problems at Bracknell Town. After last weeks thrashing the wheels are well and truly coming off, watch this space.

Oh well there’s a shock.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Dec 2018 10:36

John Smith
Tad Showbiz

EDIT:

I pray Aldershot fold

Why?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2018 18:29

Old Man Andrews Problems at Bracknell Town. After last weeks thrashing the wheels are well and truly coming off, watch this space.

Some respite for Bracknell today with a 6-1 hammering of FC Romania away from the Lane.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Dec 2018 18:37

Sutekh

Some respite for Bracknell today with a 6-1 hammering of FC Romania away from the Lane.

Had to put something in like that after last week. When I say that certain people weren't happy last week it is an understatement.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Dec 2018 18:54

I bet.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Dec 2018 20:46

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh

Had to put something in like that after last week. When I say that certain people weren't happy last week it is an understatement.

Still, at least there’s no undue or unrealistic pressure on the managers to get promotion or anything...

I saw a ‘Warner out’ tweet from Carl Davies this afternoon when the 5th or 6th went in. Obviously a tongue in cheek jibe at something or someone.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Dec 2018 21:02

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews
Sutekh

Still, at least there’s no undue or unrealistic pressure on the managers to get promotion or anything...

I saw a ‘Warner out’ tweet from Carl Davies this afternoon when the 5th or 6th went in. Obviously a tongue in cheek jibe at something or someone.

Nothing to do with pressure for promotion. It's to do with the players giving up and shipping 7 goals. You clearly know nothing about the club so button it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2018 09:49

Coz the Chairman doesn’t put pressure on managers to get promotion does he? No, not his style at all.

You’re funny.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 23 Dec 2018 14:47

Results from yesterday - will try and get Boxing Day preview up ASAP too: :mrgreen:
Not that much scope for the beloved 'double-Anorak' this year 8) - the CCL hasn't scheduled any Boxing Day fixtures - nor the Surrey Elite (both used to KO mid-morning on Bank Hols), which I think from memory was always a decent alternative - though that could have been NYD.
The Western League is running a full programme but has very few 15:00 KOs. In desperation looks as if we might have to head to deepest Sussex or possibly even the Midlands, for a decent 'pair' of ticks.

Saturday 22nd December

NAT
Aldershot Town 0-0 Wrexham
Bromley 1-0 Maidenhead United
NATN
York City 2-1 Brackley Town 'Saints' drop back to 12th - are equal bottom, on recent form over the last 6 with only 3 points from a possible 18.
NATS
Bath City 2-0 Chelmsford City
Billericay Town 0-4 Woking ‘Cards’ three up at H/T, leap-frog over ‘ricay and now sit 2 points behind leaders Torquay and with 3 games in hand – their next 2 Holiday fixtures are both at Kingfield v Hampton & R and Eastbourne B.

Concord Rangers 1-1 Chippenham Town
Dartford 2-1 Hungerford Town ‘Crusaders’ stay in the bottom three
Eastbourne Borough 1-2 St Albans City
Gloucester City 1-1 Dulwich Hamlet
Hampton & Richmond Borough 0-3 Torquay United
Hemel Hempstead Town 1-1 Welling United
Oxford City 3-0 Weston-super-Mare
Slough Town 3-1 East Thurrock United
Truro City P-P Wealdstone – failed pitch inspection

ILP
Merstham 4-1 Dorking Wanderers the ‘Moatsiders’ rack up their 2nd impressive win in week – beat other top side and former leaders, Lewes on Tuesday. Haringey Boro are now unlikely pace-setters in this division; 5 points clear of 2nd placed Kingstonian

IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) 1-4 Hanwell Town
Chalfont St Peter 4-1 Marlow – AM leaders ‘Blues’ stunned at Ch St P. slip back to 5th
FC Romania 1-6 Bracknell Town hat-trick for Cornell and a brace for Ferdinand: att only 35 Robins were 5 up at H/T
Hayes & Yeading United 6-0 Bedfont Sports – HandY go top and are building a staggering home record: now 8 from 8 - Goals for 41 against 3.
Westfield 5-0 Egham Town – ‘Field’ gradually hauling in the PO slots, only 3 points behind Marlow now. Come to Larges Lane on NYD.
- ‘Sarnies’ look to be heading back towards the CCL along with South Park; both on a meagre 8 points, 3 points adrift of another former CCL club Molesey.

SLP-C
Banbury United 2-1 Rushall Olympic
SLP- S
Basingstoke Town 2-1 Walton Casuals att 287 – all the goals in the first half
Hartley Wintney 4-3 Poole Town att 255
Merthyr Town 1-0 Chesham United
Salisbury 2-1 Beaconsfield Town att 654 – ‘Rams’ goals a consolation deep in injury time when they were already down to 10 men
Staines Town 1-3 Taunton Town
Tiverton Town 2-2 Swindon Supermarine
Wimborne Town 1-1 Farnboroughhosts grab equaliser on 91’
SL1-SC
Aylesbury United 0-4 Peterborough Sports
Berkhamsted 3-2 Thame United
Kidlington
1-2 Didcot Town – reportedly very scrappy game, ‘stolen’ by Diddy deep in stoppage time – their goals timed at 92 & 98’
North Leigh A-A Aylesbury – score 1-1 – partial floodlight failure
SL1-S
Bristol Manor Farm 3-1 Winchester City
Highworth Town 0-2 Larkhall Athletic
Melksham Town 2-1 Fleet Town all the goals at opposite extremes of this game – strugglers Fleet grabbed the lead in the first minute, only to succumb to 2 injury time goals from the hosts.
Thatcham Town 1-0 Paulton Rovers – ‘Kingfishers’ nick all three points on 90 mins

CCL
AFC Hayes 1-1 Banstead Athletic
Badshot Lea 1-2 Horley Town
Balham 1-2 Chertsey Town - visitors stay top by 1 point from SCR
CB Hounslow United P-P Camberley Town
Guildford City 4-2 Abbey Rangers
Hanworth Villa 2-1 Spelthorne Sports
Knaphill 2-0 Cobham
Raynes Park Vale P-P Redhill
Sutton Common Rovers 2-0 Colliers Wood United - Rovers now rack up 10 straight league wins and have closed the gap to leaders Chertsey. As above the state of the lower end of Bostik One South Central, seems likely they could both go up.
Walton & Hersham 0-1 Southall
CCL1
Bagshot 3-3 Tooting Bec
British Airways 2-2 Chessington & Hook United
Cove 1-2 Frimley Green - bottom v top but a lot closer contest than expected.
Dorking Wanderers Res 4-3 Godalming Town
Eversley & California P-P Sandhurst Town
FC Deportivo Galicia 1-3 Bedfont & Feltham
Fleet Spurs 1-4 Ash United

HELLP
Bishops Cleeve 1-3 Wantage Town – decent win for ‘Freds’ at one of their close rivals, after a patchy run of late.
Brimscombe & Thrupp 2-1 Flackwell Heath - B&T stay 3rd - FH had been on a decent run but too many draws sees them stuck back in 7th.
Fairford Town 0-3 Reading City
Holmer Green 0-4 Binfield
Longlevens 0-1 Brackley Town Saints - Saints re-take top spot with Yellamen dropping points
Lydney Town 3-3 Ascot United - hosts led three times – battling point for Ascot.
Tuffley Rovers P-P Ardley United
Virginia Water 5-0 Abingdon United - VW host their landlords on Boxing Day – currently three points & three places above them in 10th. Windsor do have 4 games in hand.
HELL1E
Milton United 1-0 Holyport
Penn & Tylers Green 4-2 Didcot Town Development
Thame Rangers 2-1 Chinnor
Wallingford Town
1-0 Chalvey Sports
Wokingham & Emmbrook 1-2 Burnham att: 85 only the crowd at Lydney v Ascot (100) in the division above, was higher in this league. 'Blues' now 8 point clear of Aldermaston - though in 3rd place, Thame Rangers have games in hand and may pose a greater challenge.

Reading Senior Cup
AFC Aldermaston P-P Cookham Dean

WESS
Bemerton Heath Harlequins 0-2 Tadley Calleva
Bashley 6-5 Team Solent – if I read correctly, Bash led the ‘stundents’ 5-1 at one stage, only for the young visitors to level late on but lose in the 90’
Bournemouth 1-2 Alresford Town
Lymington Town 3-1 Andover New Street
WESS1
Alton 5-1 Petersfield Town att 130
Andover Town 1-2 Laverstock & Ford att 93
Hythe & Dibden 3-2 Whitchurch United

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Dec 2018 20:13

Royal Rother Coz the Chairman doesn’t put pressure on managers to get promotion does he? No, not his style at all.

You’re funny.

That had nothing to do with the issues over the past week. Stick to small time Windsor you miserable old goon.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2018 23:37

I’m sorry OMA this is a thread for fans on Non League Football. We are all in it together, regardless of the position in the pyramid.

Bigging it over those in lower leagues is not really the done thing.

Learn or leave.

10440 posts