10440 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Non - League thread

by Sanguine » 02 May 2019 12:58

From Despair To Where?
AthleticoSpizz C’mon AFC Fylde

Would look nice alongside the Bradfords and the Southends FL fixture lists

Yah, here's to 4 league clubs in the arse end of Lancashire.

Preferable to Salford City though. There's something distasteful about paying Championship wages in the Conference.

No real fan of the Salford City project, but wasn't their marquee signing, Adam Rooney, paid £4-5k a week?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 May 2019 13:56

Sanguine
From Despair To Where?
AthleticoSpizz C’mon AFC Fylde

Would look nice alongside the Bradfords and the Southends FL fixture lists

Yah, here's to 4 league clubs in the arse end of Lancashire.

Preferable to Salford City though. There's something distasteful about paying Championship wages in the Conference.

No real fan of the Salford City project, but wasn't their marquee signing, Adam Rooney, paid £4-5k a week?

Bit more than that from what I've heard.

I know Danny Lloyd's mum and although he wanted to move back to the north west, he certainly didn't take a pay cut to drop down from League 1. He's on £4k a week.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 May 2019 12:52

Come on Eastleigh more like. Incredible achievement so far....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 12:56

Big game at Bracknell Town Tomorrow, play off final! Crowd of well over a 1000 expected, get along if you can.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 May 2019 14:15

Good luck!

Hope they tell everyone on arrival to ensure the crowd organises themselves so smallest are at the front, medium in the middle and tallest at the back otherwise only about 150 will see the game.

Mind you, there’s only space for one row of people behind the goal so that’s not going to be easy to achieve.

:wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 14:22

Royal Rother Good luck!

Hope they tell everyone on arrival to ensure the crowd organises themselves so smallest are at the front, medium in the middle and tallest at the back otherwise only about 150 will see the game.

Mind you, there’s only space for one row of people behind the goal so that’s not going to be easy to achieve.

I'll just stand on a tall bloke. There is a raised platform there now btw to the left of the main stand. Things are changing.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 May 2019 18:18

Royal Rother Good luck!

I went to Dorking when they got promoted, and the 1000 crowd there was about the most you can comfortably get round the perimeter of a ground that's mainly flat standing. With 564 there for the semi, I'd have thought something around that 1000 figure will be there for the final.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 May 2019 20:50

Here's tomorrow's NL fixtures incl what the POs are looking like after the S-Fs/first round of matches

18-19 POs STEP 01-04

National League – Semi Finals
– Solihull Moors vs AFC Fylde
Sunday 5th May (kick-off: 3.30pm – live on BT Sport)
Semi Final – Salford City vs Eastleigh

Saturday 11th May (kick-off: 3pm – live on BT Sport)
Promotion Final – Wembley Stadium

National League North Semi Final
Sunday 5th May (kick-off: 3pm)
– Chorley vs Altrincham
Brackley Town vs Spennymoor

Sunday 12th May (kick-off: 3pm)
Promotion Final (to be played at highest placed team)

National League South Semi Final
Sunday 5th May (kick-off: 3pm)
Woking vs Wealdstone - Wealdstone won 1-3 at Bath midweek
– Welling United vs Chelmsford

Sunday 12th May (kick-off: 3pm)
Promotion Final (to be played at highest placed team)

Southern League Central Semi Finals - initial games delayed whilst investigations were carried out into ineligible players
– Kings Lynn vs Stratford Town
Monday 6th May (kick-off 3pm)
– Stourbridge vs Alvechurch

Final Wednesday 8th May

Southern League South Final
– Met Police v Poole Town -in the S-Fs MP edged out Salisbury whilst Poole bt 2nd placed Taunton on pens

Bostik Isthmian League Premier Division Final
Monday 6 May 2019 (kick-off 3pm)
– Tonbridge Angels vs Merstham

Southern League Division One Central Final
– Bromsgrove Sporting v Corby Town

Southern League Division One South Final
– Yate Town v Cinderford Town
- on Wed night went along to the Corinium (Cirencester Town) saw Cinderford overcome the disappointment of having insufficient PPG to progress regardless of how they do in the PO Final.
They edged a rousing game 1-2 with a very late goal following some lengthy spells of pressure on the side that had finished runners-up and scored well over 100 goal in regular season.

Bostik Isthmian League One South East Final
Friday 3rd May (kick-off 7.45pm)
– Horsham v Ashford Utd @ Lancing

Bostik Isthmian League One South Central Final
Bracknell Town v Cheshunt

Bostik Isthmian League One North Final
Sunday 5th May (kick-off 3pm)
– Maldon & Tiptree vs Heybridge Swifts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...and some minor level Cup Finals involving clubs/venues in the area:

Hellenic Subsidiary Cup
Burnham v Malmesbury Victoria @ Newent Town
Wilts League Cup
Kintbury Rangers v Wroughton @ Corsham Town
Southern Combination Cup
Sutton Common Rovers v Walton Casuals @ Sutton Utd
Middlesex Premier Cup
19:45 St Panteleimon v Cricklewood Wanderers @ Uxbridge

Resisted the urge to sling in some real 'barrel scrapings' from the regional/sub-county level leagues (e.g. Oxon Senior and E.Berks) that are still playing into May.
- at this time of year fixtures in these leagues can be 'scratched' at very short notice, if there is nothing riding on their outcome.

...I have done the Middx evening game above, as part of a double before and it's usually quite an occasion and a fairly decent level of football too albeit STEP07.
Might carry on the tradition and double it up with one of the Cup games: quite like the look of supporting Burnham @ Newent, as not been there before and the hosts are now in the Hellenic Div One. Malmesbury Vics did look a bit good over at Pewsey a week or so ago but Burnham were divisional champions, so must be fairly decent. :mrgreen:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 04 May 2019 20:41

Bracknell suffer stage fright and lose their final 0-3 at home to Cheshunt.

I should have stayed away from Larges Lane and done Bracknell a favour. I am not their lucky charm. That's the 9th time I've seen Bracknell play there, and I've never seen them win. In fact I've only once seen them concede fewer than three goals, although that does include two 3-3 draws.

Bracknell had most of the play, but were unable to get past the numbers Cheshunt had at the back, being completely snuffed out. Goals on 45, 48 and 53 killed them off.
I'd guess about 1000-1200 there. It really isn't a ground designed to hold over 1000 people. Then again, before they did the rebuild, 100, let alone 1000, was a good crowd.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 May 2019 20:46

Bracknell were horrific and can have no complaints. Need a bigger, more physical side and fitter defenders. Cheshunt had a 6'8 striker who killed them all game long. Impressive.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 May 2019 22:08

I suppose heads will roll now.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 04 May 2019 23:41

Old Man Andrews Bracknell were horrific and can have no complaints. Need a bigger, more physical side and fitter defenders. Cheshunt had a 6'8 striker who killed them all game long. Impressive.

I didn't think he was that good. He had height (and a lot of it), but that was about it.

I thought the game was won in defence, with Cheshunt not giving them an inch of space in the final third. It was like they had about four extra defenders, and Bracknell just didn't know what to do.

On the balance of play it was a hugely flattering scoreline. It felt more like a classic 1-0 counter-attacking away win, and Bracknell will be left to wonder how an attack that banged in 102 goals in the league never looked like getting even one this afternoon.

I was surprised to see the crowd given as 837. It looked more than that.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2019 08:16

National League next season. The Magpies v the Magpies could be a good one.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 May 2019 14:52

This is sunday league football. Insane.

https://youtu.be/sp0bIx9IU00

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 May 2019 17:24

Luke southwood having an incredible game in the po semi final. Kept eastliegh in it.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 05 May 2019 23:15

NL Results from this w/e:

National League – Semi Finals
– Solihull Moors 0-1 AFC Fylde – att 3,681
Sunday 5th May
– Salford City 1-1 Eastleigh – att 2,963 aet Salford W 4-3 pen

Promotion Final Saturday 11th May – Wembley Stadium (15:00)
AFC Fylde v Salford City

National League North Semi Finals
Sunday 5th May
– Chorley 2-2 Altrincham – att 3,446 aet Chorley W3-1 pens
Brackley Town 0-0 Spennymoor – att 1,271 aet Spennymoor W5-4 pens :(

Promotion Final Sunday 12th May (kick-off: 3pm)
Chorley v Spennymoor

National League South Semi Finals
Sunday 5th May
Woking 3-2 Wealdstone – att 2,917 ‘Cards fight back from two down after 20’, with goals on 77, 86 & 90.
– Welling United 3-2 Chelmsford - att 1,912 – ‘Wings’ also trailed 0-2 at the break, won through with a very late penalty 96’

Promotion Final Sunday 12th May (kick-off: 3pm)
Woking v Welling Utd

Southern League Central Semi Finals sorry – error in preview: the league web sites appeared to be at odds with one another – In fact BOTH S-Fs were played Sat PM with the Final now to be staged on MONDAY PM
– Kings Lynn 3-1 Stratford Town att 1,253
– Alvechurch 2-1 Stourbridge att 894

Bostik Isthmian League One South East Final
Friday 3rd May
– Horsham 2-1 Ashford Utd att 880 aet FT 1-1

Bostik Isthmian League One South Central Final
Bracknell Town 0-3 Cheshunt att 837

Bostik Isthmian League One North Final
Sunday 5th May
– Maldon & Tiptree 2-2 Heybridge Swifts att 945 – aet Swifts win 3-0 on pens – M&T grabbed two goals in 2nd half stoppage time to force ET.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...other results

Hellenic Subsidiary Cup
Burnham 2-3 Malmesbury Victoria @ Newent Town
- Got to this: ‘Blues’ will wonder how they lost – were the better side for long periods but struggled to cope with Vics powerful if basic style – fell behind in the first minute through a keeper howler
- deservedly levelled and got what they must have thought was the winner closed to 90’ only to concede twice late on and finish as runners-up.
- Ground is out in rural Gloucs off the A40 beyond Gloucester on the road NW to Ross.
- Very basic set-up, not much cover, only a few seats and quite a small bar. Crowd just above 100.
- Won a raffle prize – gave my mate £1 as I waited in the queue for the one loo. He gave me the ticket which was drawn at H/T – mysteriously my winning ticket was one number less than his, which I’d assumed he’d bought first – so effectively he must have given me the wrong one.
- Didn’t sympathize however as I know he doesn’t drink wine. :lol:

Wilts League Cup
Kintbury Rangers 3-2 Wroughton sides meet again this Tue at Kintbury: where a home win could give Rangers the chance of pinching the Wilts League title from Wroughton – should they subsequently manage to win their final league game at Purton on Thursday.

Southern Combination Cup – had been moved to the Sunday
Sutton Common Rovers 2-4 Walton Casuals @ Sutton Utd aet FT 2-2

Middlesex Premier Cup
St Panteleimon 2-2 Cricklewood Wanderers - no ET – straight to pens W4-1 by St P.
- Trekked back from the West - staying on the M4 and up to Uxbridge for this evening KO. Car park rammed and stewarded yet only 90 odd in the ground – appeared to be a fairly well attended Wedding Reception on the go
- Match highly entertaining with Middx League Champions and possibly CCL bound St P. falling two goals behind to a very capable looking CW. Wanderers are actually down in 12th (of 13) in the Premier Division but belied their poor league showing with a very good performance.
- St P. - (a Greek Orthodox Community club) grabbed two very late goals to take the tie straight to penalties - approx 12’ injury time due to an unseemly pitchside brawl with about 10’ left.
- They looked a very neat skilful outfit but Cricklewood showed up their basic weakness – they may have oodles of individual skill but are prone to wilt under the ‘give it to the big lad up top’’ tactic - not that CW were a simple 'long-ball' side. This flaw might be their undoing when they attempt their first campaign at STEP06 in the CCL1.
- They (St P.) have been groundsharing at North Greenford this season, so I suppose there might be an option for them to go Spartan South Mids? I also heard that they might be moving just across the A40 to Hanwell for next season though?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PO Finals on B/H Monday (tomorrow 6th May)
Southern League Premier - Central Final
- Kings Lynn v Alvechurch - winners of this away at Warrington in the Super Play-Off on May 11th

Southern League Premier - South Final
- Met Police v Poole Town - winners of this tie at home to the winners of the Final immediately below - in the 'Super Play Off' on May 11th

– Tonbridge Angels v Merstham

– Bromsgrove Sporting v Corby Town

– Yate Town v Cinderford Town

...and some CUP Finals being staged locally

Hellenic Challenge Cup
Windsor v Ascot Utd @ Ardley Utd

Aldershot Senior Cup
Knaphill v Camberley Town @ Aldershot

Hants Premier League Cup
Lyndhurst v Infinity @ Hamble Club

B&B Senior Cup
Slough Town v Reading U23 FC @ Bracknell Town

CCL1 Div Cup
Epsom & Ewell v Frimley Green @ Dorking Wdrs

Bucks Senior Charity Cup
Aylesbury v Winslow United @ Buckingham Ath.

...if I can be ar$£d to stir myself and get on the road in time, I might trundle cross-country down to the Sussex FA HQ at Lancing: County Cup Final between Peacehaven and Haywards Heath.
Failing that it might be the PO Final @ Imber Court (Met Pol) or nearer home for one of the Cup Finals above, probably Aldershot or Ardley?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 May 2019 00:20

Very disappointing for Brackley today.
Thought they had the better chances, even in extra time, where they were much the stronger team.
Ndlovu had a golden chance to win it with an open goal just minutes from the final whistle. Then after Brackley led on pens, the same player hit possibly the worst penalty I've ever seen, some ten feet over the bar. One more miss and Spennymoor had the win.

Just hope Brackley can hold on to their manager and better players for next year.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 May 2019 18:51

Today's NL results:

B/H Monday 6th May

PO Finals:
Southern League Premier - Central Final
- Kings Lynn 3-0 Alvechurch
KL @ Warrington next Saturday 11th May

Southern League Premier - South Final
- Met Police 1-0 Poole Town – winner on 73’ - tinged with controversy - one of those which would be settled by goal-line technology – which of course they don’t have at STEP03 of NL

https://twitter.com/i/status/1125424267905196034

Met Police v Tonbridge Angels next Sat 11th May

- Tonbridge Angels 2-0 Merstham

- Bromsgrove Sporting 4-3 Corby Town – visiting keeper saved 2 pens

- Yate Town 3-1 Cinderford Town

...and the best of the rest:-

Hellenic Challenge Cup Final or "Bluefin Sports (UHL) Challenge Cup 2018 - 2019" to give it it's full name. :D

Windsor 1-3 Ascot Utd att 322 @ Ardley Utd - must've been a tad cramped in that little upstairs bar - I hope they laid on some 'mobile' refreshments? :?
- Dan Roberts sent off for Windsor 1st Half - from the body of the report sounds like they wilted under the usual barrage of long-throws from Ellis - who can hurl the ball further than a lot of people can kick it!! :shock:

Match report from the Yellamen's site:

http://www.ascotunited.net/fixDetail.asp?sec=34&age=66&team=72&seas=2018&fixID=32836

Aldershot Senior Cup
Knaphill 1-4 Camberley Town @ Aldershot's EBB Stadium
- Got to this – one way traffic from 'Cambo'; who had England Schools International, Dean Rule running the show 1st half from attacking midfield. Three up at the break - then notched a 4th on the hour mark. 'Knappers' grabbed a goal back about 15' later but never seriously threatened to turn the tide.

Hants Premier League Cup
Lyndhurst 2-4 Infinity @ Hamble Club

B&B Senior Cup
Slough Town 3-1 Reading U23 FC @ Bracknell Town

CCL1 Div Cup
Epsom & Ewell 0-1 Frimley Green @ Dorking Wdrs

Bucks Senior Charity Cup
Aylesbury 0-1 Winslow United @ Buckingham Ath.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 May 2019 07:04

Windsor 1-3 Ascot

A game ruined by the ref who sent off Dan Roberts after about 30 mins for kicking someone in the head. One of those accidental things where he was watching the ball over his shoulder and lifted his leg to bring it under control as the defender put his head down to stomach height.... he didn’t even know he was there.

He then made a number of other baffling decisions but kharma’s a bitch and he went down with cramp / hamstring after about 70 mins and was still in a bad way at the presentations.

Windsor’s fans were great and completely outsang Ascot who barely mustered a peep between them.

And yes, apart from 2 Chris Ellis ridiculous long throws which resulted in scrappy goals and a breakaway goal when our 10 men got stretched, there was nothing really in it, even with 10 men. That said, thanks to the ref, it became a fractious pretty ill-tempered affair. Not a great advert for the Hellenic League. Thankfully there was no ill-feeling in the (very) cramped bar afterwards.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 May 2019 08:59

Royal Rother Windsor 1-3 Ascot

A game ruined by the ref who sent off Dan Roberts after about 30 mins for kicking someone in the head. One of those accidental things where he was watching the ball over his shoulder and lifted his leg to bring it under control as the defender put his head down to stomach height.... he didn’t even know he was there.

If he has lifted his leg and kicked a guy in the head, doesn't matter if he knew he was there or not - going to be a red card every single time.

10440 posts