10520 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Non - League thread

by paultheroyal » 28 Apr 2021 14:25

Four Of Clubs NAT Results from Yesterday (Tue 27th) :

Bromley 1-2 Chesterfield
Eastleigh 2-0 Notts County - 'Spitfires' up into PO spot (7th) just behind Chesterfield on GD - but it is fairly tight down to Notts Co in 10th and at a stretch even Maidenhead could crash in amongst the pack, if they manage to win their (3) games in hand

FC Halifax Town 1-0 Woking - 'Cards' sunk by a goal from former striker Jake Hyde
King's Lynn Town 0-4 Stockport County
Maidenhead United 0-1 Weymouth - 'Magpies' missed late pen
Sutton United 1-0 Barnet
Torquay United 2-1 Aldershot Town - 'Gulls' grab win and with it top-spot with a 97' winner vs Sh!ts
Yeovil Town 3-0 Solihull Moors

Eastleigh coming into form with manager signing a new contract. There run in is decent bar Torquay. Come on The Spitfires.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Apr 2021 18:54

Flackwell`s FA Vase QF tie on Saturday at United Services Portsmouth is being streamed. The Binfield game at Long Eaton is likely to be commentary only.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 29 Apr 2021 12:49

Royals and Racers Flackwell`s FA Vase QF tie on Saturday at United Services Portsmouth is being streamed. The Binfield game at Long Eaton is likely to be commentary only.

...updated odds:
Hebburn 2/1
Flackwell Heath 5/1 and shortening
Binfield 11/2
Warrington 6s
Long Eaton 7s
Leighton 15/2
Walsall Wood 14s
USP 20/1

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 May 2021 12:56

Today's Vase QF's

Leighton Town v Walsall Wood
Long Eaton United v Binfield
United Services Portsmouth v Flackwell Heath

...and the NAT Fixtures:

Altrincham v Notts County
Barnet v Dagenham & Redbridge
FC Halifax Town v Stockport County
King's Lynn Town v Maidenhead United
Sutton United v Aldersh1t Town
Torquay United v Eastleigh
Wealdstone v Yeovil Town
Woking v Weymouth
Wrexham v Solihull Moors

17:20 Hartlepool United v Chesterfield live on BT Sport

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 May 2021 17:00

Mixed results in the Vase. Binfield superb 5-0 win at Long Eaton with Flackwell crashing out 2-0 at USP
Binfield travel to USP next Saturday in the semi- 1 match from Wembley !!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2021 17:17

Royals and Racers Mixed results in the Vase. Binfield superb 5-0 win at Long Eaton with Flackwell crashing out 2-0 at USP

Is the semi over 2 legs?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 May 2021 17:31

Royals and Racers Mixed results in the Vase. Binfield superb 5-0 win at Long Eaton with Flackwell crashing out 2-0 at USP

.....and in the other Q-F Leighton were put out 1-2 at Bell Close by the other long-shot outsiders Walsall Wood.

There must be something special about USP as they have been racking up some pretty eye-opening results against higher opposition in their passage to the semis
- hopefully 'The Moles' will have too much for them.
Pity that Marcus's lads couldn't get past them as it would have been a great advert for the Hellenic, having two of their big-hitters meeting in the semi - albeit no-one could go and watch it. :(

NAT Results
Altrincham 1-1 Notts County
Barnet 0-2 Dagenham & Redbridge
FC Halifax Town 0-1 Stockport County
King's Lynn Town 0-0 Maidenhead United
Sutton United 3-1 Aldersh!t Town
Torquay United 3-1 Eastleigh
Wealdstone 0-2 Yeovil Town
Woking 2-4 Weymouth - 'Cards concede 2 v.late goals
Wrexham 2-1 Solihull Moors
UPDATE result from the late game :
Hartlepool 3-1 Chesterfield

Wayward weather forecast threw me completely this PM - sure it wasn't sposed to rain til late PM
- was going to seek out some muddied field for an NL fix but it was p!$$ing it down around lunchtime, just as I was deciding a possible destination. In the end my mate opted out as there would be no guaranteed cover nor most likely , any local 'refreshment' tho I'm sure we'd have a found a pub in the vicinity?
...some clubs down at that level (sub-Step06) have even been announcing where their bars are likely to be open and - just to lure out the 'paper-cuddlers' - if they are issuing a programme
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 01 May 2021 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 May 2021 18:25

Sutekh

Is the semi over 2 legs?

No

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 May 2021 18:36

Four Of Clubs

.....and in the other Q-F Leighton were put out 1-2 at Bell Close by the other long-shot outsiders Walsall Wood.

There must be something special about USP as they have been racking up some pretty eye-opening results against higher opposition in their passage to the semis
- hopefully 'The Moles' will have too much for them.
Pity that Marcus's lads couldn't get past them as it would have been a great advert for the Hellenic, having two of their big-hitters meeting in the semi - albeit no-one could go and watch it. :(

NAT Results[/color]

USP’s results do look a tad suspicious from a distance. There was always the chance any club left in the vase could call on all those local step 2-4 players without a club to play for.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 May 2021 21:17

Tony Le Mesmer USP’s results do look a tad suspicious from a distance. There was always the chance any club left in the vase could call on all those local step 2-4 players without a club to play for.

...I have no wish to denigrate their massive achievement to date but confess that was something I pondered briefly. The match line-ups should all be publicly available on FullTime.

To take advantage of any dual-signing potential, I'm sure they'd have to skirt some fairly tortuous competition rulings about eligibility and registration.

e.g. I don't think you can play in the Trophy AND Vase in the same season for example?

I suppose they might have registered a few STEP2/3/4 squad players from 'dormant' local teams higher up like Moneyfields, Gosport, Havant etc on the off chance they'd be able to give some of them match time.
- I alluded to this arrangement somewhere above re what Bracknell Town were doing with Sandhurst - but they would have needed to organize that some time ago and surely would not have done that early enough for new 'signings' to take part in the Vase?

- they must have been fully aware that a spot-light could be set upon them, should they progress beyond their expected level- so I cannot imagine they'd contemplate such a risk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...and whilst I'm 'here' - tomorrow's NAT Fixtures:

B/H Monday (3rd May)

NAT Fixtures all 15:00 KOs
Boreham Wood v King's Lynn Town
Bromley v Hartlepool United
Chesterfield v Torquay United
Dagenham & Redbridge v Woking
Maidenhead United v Wrexham
Solihull Moors v Altrincham
Stockport County v Wealdstone
Weymouth v Barnet
Yeovil Town v FC Halifax Town

Tue 4th May
17:00 Notts County v Sutton United - live on BT Sport

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 03 May 2021 09:10

Four Of Clubs
Tony Le Mesmer USP’s results do look a tad suspicious from a distance. There was always the chance any club left in the vase could call on all those local step 2-4 players without a club to play for.

...I have no wish to denigrate their massive achievement to date but confess that was something I pondered briefly. The match line-ups should all be publicly available on FullTime.

To take advantage of any dual-signing potential, I'm sure they'd have to skirt some fairly tortuous competition rulings about eligibility and registration.

e.g. I don't think you can play in the Trophy AND Vase in the same season for example?

I suppose they might have registered a few STEP2/3/4 squad players from 'dormant' local teams higher up like Moneyfields, Gosport, Havant etc on the off chance they'd be able to give some of them match time.
- I alluded to this arrangement somewhere above re what Bracknell Town were doing with Sandhurst - but they would have needed to organize that some time ago and surely would not have done that early enough for new 'signings' to take part in the Vase?

- they must have been fully aware that a spot-light could be set upon them, should they progress beyond their expected level- so I cannot imagine they'd contemplate such a risk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...and whilst I'm 'here' - tomorrow's NAT Fixtures:

B/H Monday (3rd May)

NAT Fixtures all 15:00 KOs
Boreham Wood v King's Lynn Town
Bromley v Hartlepool United
Chesterfield v Torquay United
Dagenham & Redbridge v Woking
Maidenhead United v Wrexham
Solihull Moors v Altrincham
Stockport County v Wealdstone
Weymouth v Barnet
Yeovil Town v FC Halifax Town

Tue 4th May
17:00 Notts County v Sutton United - live on BT Sport

Flackwell Heath had a Mitchell Parker playing at No.9 yesterday. Didnt immediately recognise any others, but he'd been playing for Hartley W at Step 3 this season i think? I reckon most have been "at it" to some extent.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 May 2021 09:30

A “home” report but sounds like Flackwell dominated the game.

https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk ... mouth.html

USP were Top PPG team at Level 6 in Hampshire in the curtailed 19/20 season so sounds like they may be at a false level.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 May 2021 10:38

Royal Rother A “home” report but sounds like Flackwell dominated the game.

USP were Top PPG team at Level 6 in Hampshire in the curtailed 19/20 season so sounds like they may be at a false level.

...yeah I dug that one out too - hadn't noticed Parker was with them - he certainly gets about locally.

Moot point about PPG - they aren't heading it THIS season (20-12) though do sit in the upper reaches of the WESSEX 1, where they have been for some time and usually finish near but not at the top. They 'joined/re-branded' whilst at that level in the early 00's.
Another possible contributory factor I hadn't considered until this AM - and this is with no pre-knowledge of their squad make-up - but the 'United Services' aspect might mean they've had a wider squad to select from in these troubling times e.g. less long-distance postings
- or at least had their 'regulars' available more often.
Then again the 'VIDS' could just have easily worked against them - pure spaculation as we say? :mrgreen:

The foundation club was RN Porstmouth. The ground is the Victory Stadium (HMS Temeraire) and is based inside a huge gated/guarded multi-sports complex/arena - under the shadow of the Spinnaker Tower, alongside the Historic Docks.
It boasts an impressive, if rather clapped-out (when I went) stand - which I suspect they fill for Combined Forces events such as inter-services track and field.

I do know for example the 'Services' side from Benson in the N.Berks, could be 'world-beaters' one week and barely 'egg-beaters' the next - simply due to player availability. I think they've finally 'merged' with the village side now anyway - and this season play matches 'off-base' which in theory would make it easier to see them.
They had a very complex pre-registration security ID check-in for any visiting 'occasional' fans - caused a great deal of angst and feather-ruffling when they were chosen as a venue on one of the 'organized' hop-days.

No such issues at US Pompey: just a guard on a gate post - the main problem (other than parking in the vicinity) was finding the entrance around the huge site.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 May 2021 17:46

Vase final 19/20 was a decent local derby game with Hebburn edging it 3-2.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 May 2021 18:18

Royals and Racers Vase final 19/20 was a decent local derby game with Hebburn edging it 3-2.

... certainly more thrilling than the Trophy Final that has followed - so far - got so dull, we've switched over to 'Baggies v Dingles' - which isn't much better .... :|

...at least we've started an argument about what we are having for tea - which has livened up the mood chez FoCcers :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Results from this PMs NAT games:

Boreham Wood 5-1 King's Lynn Town
Bromley 1-0 Hartlepool United- set back for Pools' auto hopes but it means Brommers join the PO scuffle.
Chesterfield 0-2 Torquay United
Dagenham & Redbridge 3-1 Woking
Maidenhead United 2-2 Wrexham - 'Magpies' led by 2 at HT but were pegged back late on to stay 12th - visitors stay 6th.
Solihull Moors 4-0 Altrincham
Stockport County 4-0 Wealdstone
Weymouth 0-2 Barnet
Yeovil Town 0-3 FC Halifax Town

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 May 2021 12:10

Well done to Binfield, into the semis. As my son plays for the club I am very hopeful I can go to Wembley should Binfield make the final and supporters allowed.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 04 May 2021 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2021 12:29

NathStPaul Well done to Binfield, into the semis. As my son plays for the club I am very hopeful I can go to Wembley should supporters be allowed.

Semis isn’t played at Wembley is it?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 May 2021 12:31

URZZZZ
NathStPaul Well done to Binfield, into the semis. As my son plays for the club I am very hopeful I can go to Wembley should supporters be allowed.

Should have added if Binfield get to the final. :oops:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2021 12:36

NathStPaul
URZZZZ

Ah, thought so

Are supported allowed in for the semis or is it still behind “closed doors”?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 May 2021 12:38

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
URZZZZ

Ah, thought so

Are supported allowed in for the semis or is it still behind “closed doors”?

Behind closed doors sadly which is probably a good thing for Binfield as they are the away side and have been more or less every round. It is being livestreamed by a non-league social media account, think it is free too.

10520 posts