RUMOUR - Martyn Waghorn to sign

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Martyn Waghorn to sign

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Jun 2011 16:32

urz13
andrew1957
Also do my eyes deceive me or has 1Berks’ drivel been purged from the system at last – if so hallelujah.

I hate to spoil the celebrations but I doubt he is gone - he's probably at special school!

Corrected for you

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 09 Jun 2011 16:33

Terminal Boardom
urz13
andrew1957
Also do my eyes deceive me or has 1Berks’ drivel been purged from the system at last – if so hallelujah.

I hate to spoil the celebrations but I doubt he is gone - he's probably at special school!

Corrected for you

Very good :)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Jun 2011 16:38

Soccerbase stats say:

Real name Martyn Waghorn
Age 21 (Born 23 Jan, 1990)
Height 5ft 7in (1.7m)
Weight 13st (82.54kg)

Current Club

Leicester City

Previous Clubs

Charlton Athletic (loan)
Sunderland

League Apps

Total 44 starts + 42 as sub, 17 goals

In all competitions

Total 46 starts + 48 as sub, 17 goals

Can anyone confirm his weight and height as to me those stats make him a little on the spherical side!

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 09 Jun 2011 16:39

Terminal Boardom
urz13
andrew1957

Corrected for you

FCUK OFF TERMINAL BORDOM! IM SPECAIL OK? YOU DUMB NO NOTHING. 8)

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 09 Jun 2011 16:41

I'm going to miss that little twat, despite having him on foe for the last 2 days. I've met some thicko's in my time, but he took the biscuit ...

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 09 Jun 2011 16:45

CayeneMatt I'm going to miss that little twat, despite having him on foe for the last 2 days. I've met some thicko's in my time, but he took the biscuit ...

The funny thing was, he's actually that retarded. Have you heard of the iFooty app? He's giving everyone hell on there at the moment. And also on the RFC Cover It Live. Apparently he's 42 and married with 3 children. That I find difficult to believe..

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 09 Jun 2011 16:46

Really happy if this is true. Looked great before his injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL2wgHTTMog

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 09 Jun 2011 16:51

Royal_Delight Really happy if this is true. Looked great before his injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL2wgHTTMog

He looks like a piece of quality. However his celebration needs improving!

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 09 Jun 2011 17:05

Yes please for Waghorn!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jun 2011 17:28

I can't believe this unfortunately. I can't see us spending that sort of money, before we've got a significant transfer fee in. If we're trying to offer everyone a contract, as Hammond has said, then we aren't going to have any outgoing done deals yet.

I'd be very happy to see Waghorn here. Seems a very McDermott striker.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 09 Jun 2011 17:32

Seemed to score a lot from long goal kicks. Federicis excellent kicking could therefore be very useful with Waghorn

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 09 Jun 2011 17:47

Would be a very good fit and like for like replacement for Shane. Stats don't tell the picture at all really, took a while to get going at Leicester but once Fryatt got injured and he became the main striker he was very very good. Surprised by that height given, seem to remember him being about 6ft. Got injured in the second season and then struggled to get in the side due to loanees.

I'd expect the deal would be around £1million with add-ons (goals scored, promotion) to take it to just shy of £2million, which is how Mills' deal was structured.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 09 Jun 2011 18:03

It would be interesting if true.

Doesn't seem to be supported anywhere outside of this thread though.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Jun 2011 18:05

Perfect replacement if we lose Long. Always liked Waghorn, works hard, nice left foot and a strong player, could play him in a 4-5-1. yes please!

The Doctor

by The Doctor » 09 Jun 2011 19:37

Ian Royal I can't believe this unfortunately. I can't see us spending that sort of money, before we've got a significant transfer fee in.

ah come on, the club know well in advance the ins and outs. and we wont be paying 2m up front. itll be like Mills was - 1m up front and the rest on promotion, probably a sell on too.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jun 2011 20:26

The Doctor
Ian Royal I can't believe this unfortunately. I can't see us spending that sort of money, before we've got a significant transfer fee in.

ah come on, the club know well in advance the ins and outs. and we wont be paying 2m up front. itll be like Mills was - 1m up front and the rest on promotion, probably a sell on too.

Even so, it's a lot of cash and just not how we operate. Look at Smith we wanted him, but we had to wait for whoever it was to leave (Hunt?) before we had the funds to put a big enough bid in, which meant we got gazumped.

JRloyalroyal

by JRloyalroyal » 09 Jun 2011 20:46

Ian Royal
The Doctor

Even so, it's a lot of cash and just not how we operate. Look at Smith we wanted him, but we had to wait for whoever it was to leave (Hunt?) before we had the funds to put a big enough bid in, which meant we got gazumped.

It wasn't the fact we waited for whoever to leave, it was the fact we put in about 5 bids but offered a derisory amount so go rejected about 5 times, had we just offered a reasonable amount up front straight away smith would have been a reading player.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jun 2011 22:04

I'd suggest that's because we didn't have the money to put a bigger bid in, until we got some money in. As I said.

Only the club know for sure though.

The Doctor

by The Doctor » 09 Jun 2011 22:20

Ian Royal
The Doctor

not how we operate?? so we didnt sign matt mills in what could be a £2m deal then? That's the same as this.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 10 Jun 2011 00:22

The Doctor
Ian Royal Even so, it's a lot of cash and just not how we operate. Look at Smith we wanted him, but we had to wait for whoever it was to leave (Hunt?) before we had the funds to put a big enough bid in, which meant we got gazumped.

not how we operate?? so we didnt sign matt mills in what could be a £2m deal then? That's the same as this.

And we paid that during the whole Smith fiasco, which happened after we sold Doyle for a record fee, so I'm not sure how you can argue we needed to sell before we could sign Smith...