No New Signings

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

No New Signings

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 14 Jun 2011 14:48

Nigel Gibbs has talked about signings----http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2094370_nigel_gibbs_backs_reading_fcs_january_signings

If you read this you will see what I mean.

Gibbs is stating that the three January signings will make a better impact next season.

Therefore thats two strikers and a CB. That means Shane Long is going. Same with Matt Mills or perhaps Alex Pearce.

He also says that Hal Robson Kanu will make a impact same with Simon Church.

Both of them are pretty rubbish and no more signings if you read into this.

The season we went up we brought over 5 players. Why can't we just buy players who are proven in the Championship!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: No New Signings

by Focher » 14 Jun 2011 14:50

KEBEISTHEGREATEST The season we went up we brought over 5 players. Why can't we just buy players who are proven in the Championship!

who were these proven championship players we brought then in the 2005/2006 season then :?:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 14 Jun 2011 14:57

Focher
KEBEISTHEGREATEST The season we went up we brought over 5 players. Why can't we just buy players who are proven in the Championship!

who were these proven championship players we brought then in the 2005/2006 season then :?:

The only players we took in that year who made an impact were Doyle Hunt and Long (iirc) none of whom had any championship experience.. I also remember the moaning on here about signing a no mark striker from cork city

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 14 Jun 2011 15:20

But if we had a chance to go up I would buy:

Beechio
Billy Sharp
Earnshaw

Between them looking at 40 goals easily.

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 14 Jun 2011 15:54

KEBEISTHEGREATEST But if we had a chance to go up I would buy:

Beechio
Billy Sharp
Earnshaw

Keep dreaming!

Unless the Mad Man becomes generous all of a sudden!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Jun 2011 15:57

bigmike
Focher

The only players we took in that year who made an impact were Doyle Hunt and Long (iirc) none of whom had any championship experience.. I also remember the moaning on here about signing a no mark striker from cork city

Lita and Gunnarsson didn't fare too badly either. Bryn may not have been first choice but he did pop up with some vital goals that season. As for Lita :shock: How could you miss him out?

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 14 Jun 2011 16:11

KEBEISTHEGREATEST
The season we went up we brought over 5 players. Why can't we just buy players who are proven in the Championship!

Because we don't have the money if we don't want to go into debt!

johnnym

by johnnym » 14 Jun 2011 16:14

i've always thought that the Lita signing was key. For the first time we splashed a bit o' cash...i think that gaev the squad a right kick up the arse to perform (that plus the debacle of Wigan away the previous season)

oh, and SSC too :roll:

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Jun 2011 16:25

lock this stupid thread.

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 14 Jun 2011 16:40

Would you like Reading to sign players or not!?

No signings means this is our team:
McCarthy/Federici
Griffin Pearce Morrison Harte

McAnuff Legs Karacan Antonio

Church Hunt

Yes what a team that would be: Griffin and Harte: Players running past them.
Church and Hunt will not score more then 20 goals between them.
Pearce is suspect in defence.
Morrison: Don't know about but is highly rated.
Antonio has nothing
McAnuff, Legs and Karacan are best players as well as the goalies who are doing well

Therefore you are still saying we shouldn't sign. If we don't we will go down I guarantee you

royal67

by royal67 » 14 Jun 2011 16:48

"Therefore you are still saying we shouldn't sign. If we don't we will go down I guarantee you"

I suspect this statement will come back to haunt you at the end of the coming season...... We'll comfortably be in the top 10 teams.....

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 14 Jun 2011 16:52

Ok but you have to admit if we wanted to go up we buy some players then we will be in the top 6

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Jun 2011 16:53

so your saying that by not locking this thread we have a better chance of signing players?

I can tell you now that Reading will sign players this summer regardless of whether we sell or not, the same threads come up every year, and every year we sign. Im looking forward to the customary late July thread complaining how thread bare our squad is and it doesnt have anywhere near enough quality, and then it disappears off the board forever when we are challenging for the play offs or automatic promotion like we do most seasons. dont forget we are the most successful championsip side in its history, and apart from the 2nd prem season have not finished outside the top 9 since 1999/2000. I doubt there's a team outside the Premier league big 4 that can say that.

This country.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 14 Jun 2011 17:16

KEBEISTHEGREATEST
No signings means this is our team:
McCarthy/Federici
Griffin/Cummings Pearce Morrison Harte

McAnuff Legs Karacan Antonio

Church/Manset Hunt

Corrected for you, and this team I would be fine with to be honest.

There is also Jake Taylor who is meant to be rather handy. Buying players doesn't = success, look at Cardiff, Forest

TedBundy89

by TedBundy89 » 14 Jun 2011 17:22

Focher so your saying that by not locking this thread we have a better chance of signing players?

I can tell you now that Reading will sign players this summer regardless of whether we sell or not, the same threads come up every year, and every year we sign. Im looking forward to the customary late July thread complaining how thread bare our squad is and it doesnt have anywhere near enough quality, and then it disappears off the board forever when we are challenging for the play offs or automatic promotion like we do most seasons. dont forget we are the most successful championsip side in its history, and apart from the 2nd prem season have not finished outside the top 9 since 1999/2000. I doubt there's a team outside the Premier league big 4 that can say that.

This country.

+1

TedBundy89

by TedBundy89 » 14 Jun 2011 17:24

I'm sure we have irons in the fire. Why are you saying we won't sign anyone?? We've already signed Legs.

How many of our signings in the summer of 2005 were Championship players? 3 i believe. Makin, Oster both from Sunderland, both ended up fringe players. Gunnarsson from Watford, again a very good fringe player.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Jun 2011 17:30

KEBEISTHEGREATEST Nigel Gibbs has talked about signings----http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2094370_nigel_gibbs_backs_reading_fcs_january_signings

Gibbs is stating that the three January signings will make a better impact next season.

Therefore thats two strikers and a CB. That means Shane Long is going. Same with Matt Mills or perhaps Alex Pearce.

except that youre reding too much between the lines there imo
thats not what hes said at all- just said that we should remember tyhat we lready got players for this season in january. and fair enough

HRK has already shown enough to say hell be a decent championship winger imo
and this season will be crucial for churches career. either he makes it with some game time or its time to think about moving on

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Jun 2011 17:32

KEBEISTHEGREATEST But if we had a chance to go up I would buy:

Beechio
Billy Sharp
Earnshaw

i dont think its nailed on for 40 goals, espeialy not easily
plus i hate two of them

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Jun 2011 17:36

Reading in no signings shock is hardly news, I only ever expect us to move to replace players who are sold (apart from the current central midfield area where we have a surplus).

Currently I expect us to move for a new centre back to replace the loss of Ivar and Zurab, therefore Jason Pearce (Bournemouth) is the probably most accurate rumour in this forum at the moment.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Jun 2011 18:39

KEBEISTHEGREATEST Nigel Gibbs has talked about signings----http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2094370_nigel_gibbs_backs_reading_fcs_january_signings

i've no problem with this if true. Morrison is very highly rated, brett williams is a punt but based on mcdermott's track record i'm really looking forward to watching him develop, and manset has bags of potential, he just needs to get fit and play more. we've brought in leigertwood as well. i think that's not bad but obviously not according to you.
and knocking church is naive. you'll have been one of the twerps booing shane long 8 months ago i expect.