Re: Rumour - Charlie Austin

by MouldyRoyal » 24 Jun 2013 14:44

Poor conversion rate.

What about your smiley's per minute?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 24 Jun 2013 15:15

It depends which smiley. Snowball gets loads of these :roll: for example.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 24 Jun 2013 19:42

72 bus
BirminghamRoyal44 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-22759753

Thats the link for the BBC report. :roll:

Good goalscoring record but would you really want someone who happily punches someone in swindon nightclubs?

Anyone who punches someone in Swindon is OK with me
Like no one on Hob Nob has ever punched someone in the face before.

And it's not like pissed blokes get in footballers faces and antagonise them just to show how hard they are.

Seriously, there's people on here who would happily have Gerrard despite what he's done. Double standards

Edit: I would have Gerrard too but I wouldn't moan about us having Charlie Austin just because of one incident either

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 24 Jun 2013 19:45

Lets not compare Steven Gerrard to Charlie Austin

King van der Kwaak

by King van der Kwaak » 25 Jun 2013 21:43

I'm not at all convinced that Austin has entirely forgiven us for rejecting him for being too small and for the subsequent struggles he had with his career until Swinedon stepped in.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 25 Jun 2013 22:11

King van der Kwaak I'm not at all convinced that Austin has entirely forgiven us for rejecting him for being too small and for the subsequent struggles he had with his career until Swinedon stepped in.

He surely has no one to blame but himself if it looked like Church had more potential...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Jun 2013 15:25

King van der Kwaak I'm not at all convinced that Austin has entirely forgiven us for rejecting him for being too small and for the subsequent struggles he had with his career until Swinedon stepped in.

based on?

if he goes elsewhere itll be because someone has offered more money, or because hes had an offer of prem football

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jun 2013 15:35

How can you argue with his point - it's in italics

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Jun 2013 16:05

Reckon this has very little chance of happening as Hull are also sniffing about him like they are Hooper.

King van der Kwaak

by King van der Kwaak » 27 Jun 2013 23:23

melonhead

based on?
if he goes elsewhere itll be because someone has offered more money, or because hes had an offer of prem football

An interview in Four Four Two back in March/April. Seemed pretty resentful reading between the lines, although any player is likely to talk up his current team. But I quite agree that most footballers of the modern day will quite happily forget their principles for a doshload of cash, and who can blame them? Most of us would.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 28 Jun 2013 10:14

King van der Kwaak
melonhead

based on?

An interview in Four Four Two back in March/April. Seemed pretty resentful reading between the lines, although any player is likely to talk up his current team. But I quite agree that most footballers of the modern day will quite happily forget their principles for a doshload of cash, and who can blame them? Most of us would.

Is ITALICS going to be your thing? Maybe I'll try something too...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Jul 2013 12:05

Forest have matched Hull's offer to Austin in terms of wages but are offering a bigger end of season bonus. Surely the lure of the Prem will sway his decision though...

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 01 Jul 2013 15:38

ok if forest can compete with hull for this signing surely we can beat both of them if its all about the money.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 01 Jul 2013 15:48

USA_Loyal_Royal ok if forest can compete with hull for this signing surely we can beat both of them if its all about the money.

Ooh. Slope, slippery.

Wish Careful Get What.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jul 2013 18:26

USA_Loyal_Royal ok if forest can compete with hull for this signing surely we can beat both of them if its all about the money.

Of course we can. It's whether we believe the cost of doing so is worth the effort and risk is another matter entirely. Just because someone else is willing to pay money, doesn't mean we should.

Or do you think we should have bought Samba and Remi for more than QPR paid to ensure we got them?

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 08 Jul 2013 11:17

Having a medical at hull

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 08 Jul 2013 16:47

SDR notes that all three CShip Clubs promoted to Premier League are showing real ambition. Unlike RFC who screwed up or I dropped downnnnnnnnnn. Clueless. Get it sorted Squeaky.
y.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Jul 2013 17:31

Sir Dodger Royal SDR notes that all three CShip Clubs promoted to Premier League are showing real ambition. Unlike RFC who screwed up or I dropped downnnnnnnnnn. Clueless. Get it sorted Squeaky.
y.

Looking at these signings from a Dodgeresque perspective if they had come to Reading.

Palace, signed Gayle and Dobbie. One a striker from a team relegated to League One, another a player that has never excelled at premier league level.

Hull, signed Boyd, from a team relegated to League One, Figueroa, who was a regular in a team relegated to the Championship and MacGregor who has spent the majority of his career at a club that spent last season in the Scottish Division 3 and then away in the wastelands of Turkey.

oxf*rd me if that's what you call ambition.

In Bridge, Drenthe and Williams [+ Pearce] I'd say that we've strengthened more than either of those clubs.

Cardiff, signed Cornelius, I'll give you that one. It might work, it might not. But as Dodger would say he's foreign and therefore useless. Real factsssssssssss

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 08 Jul 2013 21:49

One can talk about individuals but, it's the team that counts. The right person in the right place. We look good at the moment except at Left-back and Up Front. We need good cover on the left and a real threat up front. We haven't shown any ambition when it comes to scoring goals. Sharp would be good for the squadf but, if our Management need an instant return to the Prem, all of the good strikers are currently being sold - or are staying put. They need to put their hands in their pockets and buy a Rhodes or a Hooper.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2013 21:57

maffff
Sir Dodger Royal SDR notes that all three CShip Clubs promoted to Premier League are showing real ambition. Unlike RFC who screwed up or I dropped downnnnnnnnnn. Clueless. Get it sorted Squeaky.
y.

Looking at these signings from a Dodgeresque perspective if they had come to Reading.

Palace, signed Gayle and Dobbie. One a striker from a team relegated to League One, another a player that has never excelled at premier league level.

Hull, signed Boyd, from a team relegated to League One, Figueroa, who was a regular in a team relegated to the Championship and MacGregor who has spent the majority of his career at a club that spent last season in the Scottish Division 3 and then away in the wastelands of Turkey.

oxf*rd me if that's what you call ambition.

In Bridge, Drenthe and Williams [+ Pearce] I'd say that we've strengthened more than either of those clubs.

Cardiff, signed Cornelius, I'll give you that one. It might work, it might not. But as Dodger would say he's foreign and therefore useless. Real factsssssssssss

yup.

224 posts