Rumour - Nathaniel Chalobah

160 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Nathaniel Chalobah

by Nameless » 15 Aug 2015 12:05

I know you're just mucking about, but Clarke has done everythihg that the combined might of HNA said he needed to do ad then a little bit more. All he has left to do is get that 40 goal a season striker and he has said that is a work in progress.
If we do end up with Hernandez and Chalobah then I'd agree there is a bit of a sweetshop issue although if he's moved Guthrie and Akpan on and lost Karacan and replaced them with Quinn, Chalobah and Hernandez you'd have to admit it's an upgrade.
Would be amazed if he's not still here in May. But obviously I'm going to accept you are more ITK than me. So who are your suggestions for his replacement and which players would you want the new guy to bring in in October ?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 15 Aug 2015 12:14

Nameless I know you're just mucking about, but Clarke has done everythihg that the combined might of HNA said he needed to do ad then a little bit more. All he has left to do is get that 40 goal a season striker and he has said that is a work in progress.
If we do end up with Hernandez and Chalobah then I'd agree there is a bit of a sweetshop issue although if he's moved Guthrie and Akpan on and lost Karacan and replaced them with Quinn, Chalobah and Hernandez you'd have to admit it's an upgrade.
Would be amazed if he's not still here in May. But obviously I'm going to accept you are more ITK than me. So who are your suggestions for his replacement and which players would you want the new guy to bring in in October ?

How dare you make such a well thought out, reasoned and coherent argument in these parts :wink:

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 19 Aug 2015 18:29

This all seems to have a bit quiet, hopefully we can get still get a deal done. I think Sunday showed that Chalobah is the best option to play in the Norwood position infant of the back 4.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Aug 2015 18:34

Bob1871 This all seems to have a bit quiet, hopefully we can get still get a deal done. I think Sunday showed that Chalobah is the best option to play in the Norwood position infant of the back 4.

Youth is one thing, but that's a step too far

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 20 Aug 2015 15:30

Nameless I know you're just mucking about, but Clarke has done everythihg that the combined might of HNA said he needed to do ad then a little bit more. All he has left to do is get that 40 goal a season striker and he has said that is a work in progress.

I was going to comment that a 40 goal a season striker in the championship is a mythical beast and that 20 would be just fine, and also that it is Alex Fernandez, not Hernandez.

But actually your post does make perfect sense as Hernandez would actually get 40 goals in the Championship!

Tommio

by Tommio » 26 Aug 2015 19:18

@PaulCareySport: Told that #readingfc are on the verge of completing a loan move that will see Nathaniel Chalobah return to the club.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2015 19:24

Tommio @PaulCareySport: Told that #readingfc are on the verge of completing a loan move that will see Nathaniel Chalobah return to the club.

That's one hell of a verge, we've been on it for 2 weeks now ! Look out for herds of wildebeest and tribes who have never seen a white man.....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Nathaniel

by Lower West » 26 Aug 2015 20:11

Tommio @PaulCareySport: Told that #readingfc are on the verge of completing a loan move that will see Nathaniel Chalobah return to the club.

Then Chelsea must be certain of signing Stones. As Chalobah would no longer be in the named 25 man squad.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2015 20:33

Has there ever been a doubt Chelsea would get Stones ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Aug 2015 21:37

Oh good. We really need another workhorse in midfield to make up for all the creative talent, strikers and wingers we are overflowing with.

Seriously, if we sign Chalobah I can only assume Clarke wants to play 4-6-0. Without width.

Tish has looked impressive by all accounts. Williams is clearly a key player for us. Quinn is a new signing, Alex is a new signing and Norwood has arguably been our best player from the reviews people are posting up.

It's madness to sign Chalobah.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 26 Aug 2015 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Aug 2015 21:37

Nameless Has there ever been a doubt Chelsea would get Stones ?

Playing tonight. :o

Unless that it's intentional as a swipe back. :D

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Aug 2015 21:39

Lower West

Then Chelsea must be certain of signing Stones. As Chalobah would no longer be in the named 25 man squad.

He's still under 21 isn't he? He won't need to be named in their 25 man squad and probably wouldn't make their top 25 players even if he did.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2015 21:41

Suspect there are two factors
1. Stones quite probably wanted to play against his old club.
2. Everton are probably making a point that he's still their player and they will use him as they wish.

I do wonder whether a slight hamstring strain would put Chelsea off or not....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Aug 2015 00:00

Hoop Blah He's still under 21 isn't he? He won't need to be named in their 25 man squad and probably wouldn't make their top 25 players even if he did.

He is in the 25 currently. Chelsea have a surplus of midfield players and a shortage of defenders. A season loan seems the best option. One day he's going to be a key player at Chelsea,

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Aug 2015 00:24

Lower West
Hoop Blah He's still under 21 isn't he? He won't need to be named in their 25 man squad and probably wouldn't make their top 25 players even if he did.

He is in the 25 currently. Chelsea have a surplus of midfield players and a shortage of defenders. A season loan seems the best option. One day he's going to be a key player at Chelsea,

That's a big statement. Taking into consideration Chelsea's financial position, desire and pressure for immediate success and Chalobah's age and current ability I think it's far more likely that he will find another club later down the line, before even pushing for a starting place, let alone be a "key player" for them.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2015 09:14

Can't see Chalobah ever being a Chelsea regular. He'll just be yet another one who earns them a few million when they move him on.
If he's going to be a key player for them you have to be optimistic about the prospects for Tishbola who so far has not suffered by comparison.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 27 Aug 2015 09:19

This would be a silly signing and could upset moral in the midfield. Complete overkill if we sign him as we have enough quality in that position as it is.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Aug 2015 09:37

Lower West

How can he currently be in their 25? It isn't even named until the transfer window's closed.

I can't see him ever being a first team player at Chelsea, let a lone a key player, and certainly not as a defender where, although he started out there, he hasn't really played for 2 or 3 seasons.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 27 Aug 2015 09:39

Lacoste This would be a silly signing and could upset moral in the midfield. Complete overkill if we sign him as we have enough quality in that position as it is.

Head and shoulders above anything we have. Not saying Quinn and Williams aren't good but he is a different class. Sign him before he goes to Bournemouth

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 27 Aug 2015 09:48

paddy20
Lacoste This would be a silly signing and could upset moral in the midfield. Complete overkill if we sign him as we have enough quality in that position as it is.

Head and shoulders above anything we have. Not saying Quinn and Williams aren't good but he is a different class. Sign him before he goes to Bournemouth

So Clarke made a mistake signing 'what we have' then?

Norwood
Fernandez
Quinn
Williams
Tish (Who has looked good)
Chalobah

Overkill

160 posts