Speculation Marvin Sordell

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
K9hassel

Speculation Marvin Sordell

by K9hassel » 20 May 2016 19:36

Just released by Colchester. Worth a look at in pre season , maybe Brian can work his magic and turn him around. Has the ability but no one has managed to get him to show it for an extended period of time. Cheap wages ,trial short term contact with options,the Reading Thaiwad Way?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Speculation Marvin Sordell

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2016 19:47

Would need to re-invigorate/invent him.....was good for Watford (pre their foreign loan days).....unlikely to happen methinks.....the game has moved on....he hasn't

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 May 2016 19:48

My first instinct was "don't be stupid" but actually he might not be a bad call.

His career has badly stalled since he left Watford, possibly bad choice of clubs, but the raw ability is there.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2016 20:06

Well that is decent and polite polarisation in just two posts

I think he has missed his chance....but wouldn't be too adverse to being proven wrong....however, I will go with whatever Ian's opinion is?.........he's always right :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2016 01:06

Lots of talent, but seems to have been wasting it. I don't think we need more Drenthelite recovery projects personally.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 May 2016 08:58

He joined Bolton just as they started going into freefall and I think his heart ruled his head in joining Burnley. Don't think he's Premiership quality but he's got a semi decent scoring rate of around 1 in 3 in the Championship.

I also don't think there's too many young footballers about who would be so moved by reading a book that they set up a foundation to help victims of human trafficking so I think there's a bit more to him than your average footballer.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 21 May 2016 12:47

From Despair To Where? He joined Bolton just as they started going into freefall and I think his heart ruled his head in joining Burnley. Don't think he's Premiership quality but he's got a semi decent scoring rate of around 1 in 3 in the Championship.

I also don't think there's too many young footballers about who would be reading a book, so I think there's a bit more to him than your average footballer.

Simplified for you.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 May 2016 08:37

Ian Royal Lots of talent, but seems to have been wasting it. I don't think we need more Drenthelite recovery projects personally.

I think that's a bit harsh to call him Drenthelike.

Might not be a bad shout from a realistic perspective, but it just goes to show where we are when are considering former Colchester United strikers.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 23 May 2016 09:10

Are we seriously looking at a player that was relegated from League One?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 May 2016 12:52

John Smith
Ian Royal Lots of talent, but seems to have been wasting it. I don't think we need more Drenthelite recovery projects personally.

I think that's a bit harsh to call him Drenthelike.

Might not be a bad shout from a realistic perspective, but it just goes to show where we are when are considering former Colchester United strikers.

Yeah in retrospect I'm leaping to a few conclusions there.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1