by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Aug 2018 16:36

Bas Savage

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2018 16:40

3points
NewCorkSeth
Dennis the Butler I see defender Keane Bryan has just joined Sheff Utd from Man City .. maybe BHA have given up on Moore ..

Keane Bryan is an awful name.

Surely his parents got it the wrong way round.. Bryan Keane is acceptable however

Agreed. However it turns out his name is Kean Bryan and the reverse of that is just shy of acceptable.

Rax

by Rax » 02 Aug 2018 21:19

I don't get this - Moore, like it or not, is the best available CB we have.

Regardless of the transfer situation, we should play him!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Aug 2018 09:10

This is going to drag on till deadline day.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 09:22

PieEater This is going to drag on till deadline day.

Longer it goes the more money we will get I'd think. We hold the cards on this one especially now that Sheffield United have knocked Brighton back for their defender, Brighton will no doubt come back in for Moore. If we get Hause in then Moore is going.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2018 09:53

Old Man Andrews

Longer it goes the more money we will get I'd think. We hold the cards on this one especially now that Sheffield United have knocked Brighton back for their defender, Brighton will no doubt come back in for Moore. If we get Hause in then Moore is going.

I get the feeling Hause may come in regardless of Moore going or not.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Aug 2018 10:05

Stranded
Old Man Andrews

and after watching McShane the other day, would be more than happy with that

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 10:07

Hound
Stranded
Old Man Andrews

and after watching McShane the other day, would be more than happy with that

Certainly wouldn't be against any hungry young player coming in. Would have really liked McShane to have been pensioned off this summer, he's going to worry the f*ck out of me tonight.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Aug 2018 10:12

Stranded
Old Man Andrews

Think this is the perfect scenario.
Pro active approach in the transfer market + good competition + strengthens the squad. Think it would show the fans that the club are being serious in the dealings.
Softens the blow and no need to panic if Moore goes.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Aug 2018 13:42

Brighton and Hove Albion have made an £8 million bid for Sheffield United defender Jack O’Connell, according to the Daily Mail.

The Blades are desperate to hold onto their star defender and will have to face very strong competition from the Premier League.
Brighton are keen to bolster their defence before the end of the transfer window. Their manager, Chris Hughton, is a big fan of O’Connell and has launched a move to bring him to the AMEX Stadium.
O’Connell joined Sheffield United in 2016 and has become a key player for Chris Wider’s side. He helped them win the League One title in his first season at the club and then impressed for them in the Championship in the last campaign.
He started his career at Blackburn Rovers but never made a senior appearance for them. Instead he gained experience during loan spells as a youngster at Rotherham United, York City and Rochdale.

The 6ft 3inc centre-back then left Blackburn on a permanent deal to join Brentford in February 2015. He went onto play just 16 games for the London side before dropping into League One to join Sheffield United.
Losing O’Connell would be tough for the Blades now as he is a big player for them and a rock at the back. Brighton’s £8 million bid will test their resolve but it is always difficult to stop a player from pursuing a Premier League dream.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Aug 2018 13:57

I think Brighton have got themselves into a bit of a tunnel vision one with this centre back malarkey. The amount they are bidding I’m sure they could get better from abroad, or do they need English players for home grown quota?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2018 14:07

Yep the latter

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 08 Aug 2018 18:57

“I just want to say that he is a really good player and I hope he ends up staying her.

“These things never work out in an ideal situation, but we'll manage it. ???????

“Hopefully he will be a positive outcome sand he will still be with us.”

Reading ChronicLOL
Really , does anyone spell check or grammar check anymore?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Aug 2018 19:23

Einstein agogo “I just want to say that he is a really good player and I hope he ends up staying her.

“These things never work out in an ideal situation, but we'll manage it. ???????

Reading ChronicLOL

Yeah saw that. It’s the lad’s first day on the job apparently - Jack Simpson, a reading fan who graduated with a degree in journalism from Leeds Trinity (explains the spelling). Does he post on here?

I know you always get “first day nerves” at any new job, but surely that isn’t applicable to this. That level of English is painfully bad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2018 20:14

CountryRoyal
Einstein agogo “I just want to say that he is a really good player and I hope he ends up staying her.

Reading ChronicLOL

Yeah saw that. It’s the lad’s first day on the job apparently - Jack Simpson, a reading fan who graduated with a degree in journalism from Leeds Trinity (explains the spelling). Does he post on here?

I know you always get “first day nerves” at any new job, but surely that isn’t applicable to this. That level of English is painfully bad.

TBF, it's not the writer's fault that got published... wtf was the editor doing?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Aug 2018 20:27

GR are reporting the window closes on Thursday August 10th too.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Aug 2018 21:46

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Reading ChronicLOL

TBF, it's not the writer's fault that got published... wtf was the editor doing?

I don’t really know the ins and outs of the chronicle. I just assumed people wrote an article on their phone whilst doing a poo and clicked submit.

Is there more to it?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Aug 2018 21:52

Tbf don’t we all want positive outcome sand?

It is my favourite type of sand.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Aug 2018 21:55

CountryRoyal Tbf don’t we all want positive outcome sand?

It is my favourite type of sand.

Was that Reading4Eva at Bournemouth beach?

489 posts