888 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Aug 2019 11:58

Mother oxf*rd.
Cant score penalty.
oxf*rd monkey.

Worth noting the moron doesn't appear to be a Reading fan and is from Singapore.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Aug 2019 12:13

Jagermesiter1871 Mother oxf*rd.
Cant score penalty.
oxf*rd monkey.

Worth noting the moron doesn't appear to be a Reading fan and is from Singapore.

Just checked Yak's Twitter feed and saw the post. That is vile. Brave scumbag who Yak could probably destroy with one finger is happy to tweet this shit from the safety of his cave...

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 19 Aug 2019 12:52

Tilehurstsouthbank Can anyone clear up what happened. I got in the car after the game and Tim and Adie were talking about a Tweet that Yak had sent out being a bit cryptic, then a few minutes later they said it was because a 'fan' had tweeted Yak with something quite nasty.

Also, I heard that Tim was bitching about the starting line up before the game. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, but Ady and Mick were also criticizing the line up, just like Reading fans were and a lot of Hob Nobbers on this site, However during the game and afterwards they did say that Gomas was right and they were wrong.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 19 Aug 2019 13:43

Jagermesiter1871 Feel like the pressure of strong competition is getting to Meite a bit.

Obviously a ridiculous DM and it shouldn't be the case but surely most pros are used to receiving a ton of absolute shit on social media?

This followed up by him calling jlow out and following him storming off the pitch at 90mins.

Nope. I'm sure he gets shit all the time on social media. But not this kind. And him calling out JLow was because he didn't know about the legal side of it, and thought JLow was downplaying it, not because he was in a sulk.

I'm sure he got plenty of SM comment from the fact that he missed the penalty, and headed straight for the dressing-room without acknowledging fans at the end of the game - he didn't comment on any of that though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2019 14:02

Yaks is obviously a little low at the moment. Seen his best mate move on, lost his place in the first 11, no longer the main man - and thats without doing anything wrong himself - he scored in his first game, unlucky to hit the post in the second. Could see he really wanted the penalty - partly to point at his own record

The racist abuse on twitter is a tough one. I don't know how you police that kind of thing. Its probably some little weirdo posting stuff from his bedroom in Singapore then deleting the account. Publishing it etc is giving him what he wants

Its a problem with the whole platform of Twitter as much as anything. Do feel for YM, as its no doubt very upsetting to receive that, but I do feel players should be supported and advised not to then post it back out for everyone to see

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Aug 2019 16:08

Jagermesiter1871 Feel like the pressure of strong competition is getting to Meite a bit.

Well, can certainly understand some of his frustrations given the new arrivals. (Other's are prolly frustrated too?)
Was prolly frustrated he missed the pen, too. But pen's are missed, it's part of the game, and you get on with it.
Who knows, maybe Swift was trying to 'put an arm around him' by letting him take the pen? But then it all went tits up anyway, and maybe it made things worse.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Aug 2019 17:21

Old Man Andrews Has Jonathan Low realised that the 4 people in his webchat are there purely to take the piss?
and they're all the same person.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Aug 2019 23:03

Denver Royal

Well, can certainly understand some of his frustrations given the new arrivals. (Other's are prolly frustrated too?)
Was prolly frustrated he missed the pen, too. But pen's are missed, it's part of the game, and you get on with it.
Who knows, maybe Swift was trying to 'put an arm around him' by letting him take the pen? But then it all went tits up anyway, and maybe it made things worse.

Nah. That keeper is good at saving penalties. Not that it was a great one. But he hit it with power at least. Reckon its easy to point out the keeper did well to save it. It's not like he blasted ot over.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2019 07:35

Was the perfect height to save and the obvious direction to hit it though. I Didn’t think he’d score when he decided to take it tbh

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2019 08:54

Hound Was the perfect height to save and the obvious direction to hit it though. I Didn’t think he’d score when he decided to take it tbh

I think it's one of those if it goes in, you say good pen and if the 'keeper saves, it is the right height for him.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Aug 2019 09:37

Every pen should be hitting the side netting as it goes in. No idea why footballers attempt anything else. Its a very very repeatable mechanical action, they should be perfect at it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2019 10:24

Greatwesternline Every pen should be hitting the side netting as it goes in. No idea why footballers attempt anything else. Its a very very repeatable mechanical action, they should be perfect at it.

:|

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 20 Aug 2019 10:47

NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal

Nah. That keeper is good at saving penalties. Not that it was a great one. But he hit it with power at least. Reckon its easy to point out the keeper did well to save it. It's not like he blasted ot over.

That's why I just said 'pen's are missed, it's part of the game, and you get on with it'.
Not sure what you are disagreeing with?
I didn't say it was a bad pen. I said he didn't score from it, which is presumably why he walked off the pitch the way he did in disappointment.
If he needs to have another 'arm around him' again for missing it, then so be it, I guess. He is a professional, though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2019 10:49

Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal Well, can certainly understand some of his frustrations given the new arrivals. (Other's are prolly frustrated too?)

That's why I just said 'pen's are missed, it's part of the game, and you get on with it'.
I didn't say it was a bad pen. I said he didn't score from it, which is presumably why he walked off the pitch the way he did in disappointment.
If he needs to have another 'arm around him' again for missing it, then so be it, I guess. He is a professional, though.

The bit where you said maybe it made things worse. I reckon it didnt.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 20 Aug 2019 10:58

NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth Nah. That keeper is good at saving penalties. Not that it was a great one. But he hit it with power at least. Reckon its easy to point out the keeper did well to save it. It's not like he blasted ot over.

The bit where you said maybe it made things worse. I reckon it didnt.

Well, I think no matter how well you hit it or direct it, you are always disappointed not to convert it, and you're maybe thinking someone else would have. And he'll have known Swift wanted to.
If he, as stated in here, apparently 'needed an arm around him' even before this game, then hard to see how him not scoring from it would have helped much, which him walking off the way he did indicated. As I say, he's a pro and not a youth player, and he's taken them b4, so so he will know it was a 'decent' pen, but it's small consolation..

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Aug 2019 11:07

Hendo
Greatwesternline Every pen should be hitting the side netting as it goes in. No idea why footballers attempt anything else. Its a very very repeatable mechanical action, they should be perfect at it.

Obviously i get that players miss them. But there is no excuse for them not to be aimed right in the corner of the goal. Why does any player faff about trying to send the keeper the wrong way. Practice hitting it in a corner, over and over and over. If you execute correctly, the goalie will not save it.

If you look at every other sport, you will see players executing technical things with perfect precision every time. Yes you can get it wrong sometimes, but at least you are trying to do what you intended. Why do so many player not aim for the corner? Its beyond me.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Aug 2019 12:15

Greatwesternline
Hendo

Obviously i get that players miss them. But there is no excuse for them not to be aimed right in the corner of the goal. Why does any player faff about trying to send the keeper the wrong way. Practice hitting it in a corner, over and over and over. If you execute correctly, the goalie will not save it.

If you look at every other sport, you will see players executing technical things with perfect precision every time. Yes you can get it wrong sometimes, but at least you are trying to do what you intended. Why do so many player not aim for the corner? Its beyond me.

Here speaks someone who has clearly never played the game at any level ever.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2019 12:19

John Smith
Greatwesternline
Hendo

Not often I agree with JS, but I feel myself agreeing on this.

Aiming for the corners each time would 100% result in more missed penalties as the margin of error is so small.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Aug 2019 12:32

John Smith
Greatwesternline
Hendo

No sh*t buddy. Most people haven't played any higher than with friends in a team. My wife however, was a GB heptathlete. And she can do a discuss throw or javelin throw with almost identical results, every single time. What makes kicking a football in the corner so different, given the person doing it is a professional sportsperson?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Aug 2019 12:37

Hendo
John Smith
Greatwesternline

Not often I agree with JS, but I feel myself agreeing on this.

Aiming for the corners each time would 100% result in more missed penalties as the margin of error is so small.

The margin of error in kicking the ball a small distance, should not be very big. It is very repeatable action. Kicking the ball within reach of the keeper seems equally risky.

888 posts