The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jul 2018 10:33

Someone asked if he resigned because of certain people and he responded with “it is what it is”. May well be onto something

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 11:09

Oh.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jul 2018 11:24

What a oxf*rd melt. He’s basically a HNA? cuck.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2018 11:35

He resigned for a new job by the look of it, not flounced due to some gimps on here giving him some abuse

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jul 2018 11:55

Hound He resigned for a new job by the look of it, not flounced due to some gimps on here giving him some abuse

Good. Respect has increased exponentially.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jul 2018 12:11

FFS folks. Give him a break. He works for a local rag and will have had oxf*rd all resources to work with and let’s be honest the club are not exactly great at providing info to the supporters at the best of times.
I doubt that whoever replaces him will fare any better.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 12:39

Hound He resigned for a new job by the look of it, not flounced due to some gimps on here giving him some abuse

Nah I'm going to take the credit on this one.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 12:39

Zip FFS folks. Give him a break. He works for a local rag and will have had oxf*rd all resources to work with and let’s be honest the club are not exactly great at providing info to the supporters at the best of times.

His replacement will be heavily featured here don't you worry.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 28 Jul 2018 13:04

Old Man Andrews
Zip FFS folks. Give him a break. He works for a local rag and will have had oxf*rd all resources to work with and let’s be honest the club are not exactly great at providing info to the supporters at the best of times.

Sorry but what are you actually gaining from this?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 13:15

McDermolenko
Old Man Andrews

Sorry but what are you actually gaining from this?

This is a thread to discuss local journalism be it good or bad. His replacement will be featured here.

Is that clear enough for you?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jul 2018 13:21

Yep, and his football coverage was voluntary....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 13:31

maffff

Yep, and his football coverage was voluntary....

So that means he can make stuff up and repeatedly lie about things? Interesting.

ImJappy

by ImJappy » 28 Jul 2018 13:34

Has anyone else noticed J Low's sexism?

Yesterday;
https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 3624932352 Only mentioned the men.

Today;

https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 5788017664 Says there are 5 players, but there are 5 men and 2 women players...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 13:37

ImJappy Has anyone else noticed J Low's sexism?

Yesterday;
https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 3624932352 Only mentioned the men.

Today;

https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 5788017664 Says there are 5 players, but there are 5 men and 2 women players...

Great spot. Please keep them coming.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 28 Jul 2018 18:11

Hound tbf the club are pretty poor on the press front imo. Its not just the dynamic duo from the Chron, JLow who comes over as pretty inoffensive, struggles to get anything much either. The press conferences seem to be an absolute bare minimum.

Even Watts used to moan about it, but he managed to get a couple of decent sources from within the club

It would be nice for the club to open up a bit generally

In terms of why the club hate the chronicle boys, apart from the obvious, doing things like retweeting what may be the leaked pics of the kit isnt going to help their cause

But what would be the benefit for the club to offer these journos more insight? Particularly on signings.

The Chronicle numbskulls behave appalling in their slagging off of the club. Every week they are given insight behind the scenes to speak to the Manager and player(s), yet feel the need to drop sly digs about having to wait around. News flash, you have been invited to attend, and the squad aren’t just going to drop everything to cater to your needs. “Lads, I wanted to do some extra set piece training but Courtney wants to get your thoughts on Love Island so let’s wrap this up now”.

They’re also given free access to match days, where there are given decent seats, a hot meal, teamsheets, programmes, and a good environment to get their work done.

I completely understand the clubs issue with these guys, and I’m very surprised they have slapped a ban on them in recent times.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 18:37

WAZZOCK
Hound tbf the club are pretty poor on the press front imo. Its not just the dynamic duo from the Chron, JLow who comes over as pretty inoffensive, struggles to get anything much either. The press conferences seem to be an absolute bare minimum.

Even Watts used to moan about it, but he managed to get a couple of decent sources from within the club

It would be nice for the club to open up a bit generally

In terms of why the club hate the chronicle boys, apart from the obvious, doing things like retweeting what may be the leaked pics of the kit isnt going to help their cause

But what would be the benefit for the club to offer these journos more insight? Particularly on signings.

The Chronicle numbskulls behave appalling in their slagging off of the club. Every week they are given insight behind the scenes to speak to the Manager and player(s), yet feel the need to drop sly digs about having to wait around. News flash, you have been invited to attend, and the squad aren’t just going to drop everything to cater to your needs. “Lads, I wanted to do some extra set piece training but Courtney wants to get your thoughts on Love Island so let’s wrap this up now”.

They’re also given free access to match days, where there are given decent seats, a hot meal, teamsheets, programmes, and a good environment to get their work done.

I completely understand the clubs issue with these guys, and I’m very surprised they have slapped a ban on them in recent times.

Excellent post, completely agree.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2018 18:46

Agree to an extent, but press conferences and such like are a big part of trying to keep the fans feeling engaged with the club

Fully agree that whinging about it doesn’t help though, and I thought the retweeting of the leaked kit for example was an appalling misjudgement even though it seems a minor thing.

Sad thing is, again CFs actual report from the press conf after the game was pretty good and informative

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 18:56

Hound Agree to an extent, but press conferences and such like are a big part of trying to keep the fans feeling engaged with the club

Fully agree that whinging about it doesn’t help though, and I thought the retweeting of the leaked kit for example was an appalling misjudgement even though it seems a minor thing.

Sad thing is, again CFs actual report from the press conf after the game was pretty good and informative

I reckon the kit thing could have been the final nail you know. Bet someone had a word from Reading FC.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jul 2018 23:04

Was the first time I was actually impressed by him, even if he did seem to burn as many bridges as possible. People did go a bit too far by directly messaging him abuse I guess, slag him off all you want as they’d have to google their names to actually see it, bit different to seeing that pop up on your phone first thing Monday morning

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jul 2018 00:33

Old Man Andrews I reckon the kit thing could have been the final nail you know. Bet someone had a word from Reading FC.

No.

888 posts