The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Coppells Lost Coat » 27 Jun 2018 13:54

Old Man Andrews
Hound ha, knew you'd like that one. Almost writing that parody account for them

They are laughable. Just waiting to hear from Courtney Friday's Greek source.

Maybe he spelt it wrong and we got a unexpected bid in for Tzatziki

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Jun 2018 14:08

Old Man Andrews
Hound ha, knew you'd like that one. Almost writing that parody account for them

They are laughable. Just waiting to hear from Courtney Friday's Greek source.

Keep up the good work OMA - liking it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jun 2018 14:27

"Job Dadi Bodvarsson returing in 3 weeks"

Courtney Friday

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2018 14:41

to give him a little credit, thought his twitter updates were ok today. Whether they were all accurate is of course open to question, but reasonably informative

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jun 2018 14:42

Hound to give him a little credit, thought his twitter updates were ok today. Whether they were all accurate is of course open to question, but reasonably informative

Well he is reporting facts, can't really go wrong. You or I could have done what he was doing today. Difference is we'd proof read the tweet before sending it. That prick is too lazy to bother.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2018 14:45

Old Man Andrews
Hound to give him a little credit, thought his twitter updates were ok today. Whether they were all accurate is of course open to question, but reasonably informative

Well he is reporting facts, can't really go wrong.

I'm pretty sure he could tbf

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jun 2018 14:51

He's trying to fire off multiple tweets per minute during a conversation tbf

I'm not really sure we need to call him a prick over accidentally typing the key right next to N

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jun 2018 14:51

Hound
Old Man Andrews

Well he is reporting facts, can't really go wrong.

I'm pretty sure he could tbf

Good point well made.

11. Lee Payne

by 11. Lee Payne » 27 Jun 2018 15:41

This thread is actually terrible. It sums up why there are so few decent characters left on here. To sit at the end of your phone, tablet or keyboard simply slating the local journalists for not reporting on the non-existent transfer news is just embarrassing. It's as though you need transfer rumours from these guys to add the spark to your lives.

Honestly, how many times did any of the old lot break something that hadn't been floating around on the internet for a few hurs anyway?

Why do you need these local 'Journo's' to report on any stories anyway? Are you really that bothered where you read the stories?

They are all the same anyway. The new players say the same wherever you read their first interviews. The merry go round that is a breaking transfer rumour, turning into a fully fledged 'confimred' signing is always the same whether Courtney, Nick Ive, Charles Watts or whover jumps on it.

What do you expect from these people? Bashing down Gourlay's door demanding answers on who is coming, what the transfer policy actually is etc. just for a few impatient little internet nerds who can't get hard unless Reading are about to sign someone?

Seriously, find your self a mirror and have a long look at yourselves in. Have a word with yourselves whilst youre there and all.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jun 2018 17:44

Courtney Friday getting questioned about his sources. He's being very vocal at the moment, some would say attempting to become credible.

Not working Courtney if you're reading....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Jun 2018 11:22

Why does everyone hammer Courtney Friday on here? He's just a bloke doing a job. Who even reads [local] newspapers anyway?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jun 2018 11:24

John Smith Why does everyone hammer Courtney Friday on here? He's just a bloke doing a job. Who even reads [local] newspapers anyway?

It is because he is a massive c*nt mainly mate.

Pip.12

by Pip.12 » 28 Jun 2018 11:38

Old Man Andrews That wimpy guy who runs the Tilehurst End (runs it into the ground) appears to be working on behalf of Get Reading, retweeting their articles relentlessly etc. Possibly he is filling in for JLow whilst he's off.

I see that yet again, a group of you are using this forum as a way to belittle people and name call. What did ‘that wimpy guy’ do to you? Did he have a make believe argument with you too?

I’d honestly step outside, the weather outside is hot and the World Cup is fantastic. Go out and enjoy it instead of sitting on a forum attacking people’s character. The same rule applies, if you don’t like him or his opinions then just unfollow him. It isn’t rocket science.

My word - the sooner this forum gets shut down the better, it’s just a breeding ground for nasty people.

Tommio

by Tommio » 28 Jun 2018 11:49

John Smith Why does everyone hammer Courtney Friday on here? He's just a bloke doing a job. Who even reads [local] newspapers anyway?

Hello Courtney.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Jun 2018 12:02

Tommio

Hello Courtney.

I knew this was coming as soon as I pressed Submit on that :D

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 28 Jun 2018 14:40

John Smith
Tommio

Hello Courtney.

I knew this was coming as soon as I pressed Submit on that :D

Tilehurstsouthbank My ITK sources tell me it's John Smith...

I knew it! :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jun 2018 16:40

Easy target and all that but I did like this line:

"The Chronicle understands Royals' attempts to lure the Scot to Madejski Stadium have been unsuccessful so far."

i.e the SSN mini write up is about Cov refusing our bid

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jun 2018 17:01

Courtney Friday reveals he has had an "email from Bulgaria" relating to transfer targets.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jun 2018 17:08

@ChronCourtney 11m
Just seen a fans' forum complaining about my spelling! To clarify, I was trying to write notes in shorthand and tweet at the same time with the sun beaming down on my screen. Of course, I meant Jon Dadi Bodvarsson. Two-and-a-half to three weeks were PC's exact words. Needs a rest

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jun 2018 19:56

genome @ChronCourtney 11m
Just seen a fans' forum complaining about my spelling! To clarify, I was trying to write notes in shorthand and tweet at the same time with the sun beaming down on my screen. Of course, I meant Jon Dadi Bodvarsson. Two-and-a-half to three weeks were PC's exact words. Needs a rest

Hang on of all the oxf*rd things we have said about him that's the one thing he picks up on!!!! Fantastic.

888 posts