January Outs

353 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: January Outs

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 12:42

Hearing Meite and Bacuna might be off.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 12:43

Coppells Lost Coat
Nameless
Elm Park Kid A lot of people on here are making the assumption that the amount of money available to the club to spend is dependent on internal things like transfer fees and salaries. Might it just be dependent on what the owners want to spend? They own the club and all it's assets, it doesn't matter really if we sell Bacuna for £3m, £30m or £300m if they have a set idea of what they want to invest*.

*I appreciate that financial fair play comes into it at some point. It seems pretty flexible though.

I think it’s been made clear that FFP is a big factor in our budgeting right now.
I have no idea how our finances stack up but I would think the recent sales will have had a significant positive effect.
You are right that the owners have extremely deep pockets (although how much of their wealth is liquid and how much is available to be spent outside China are big unknowns).
We’re not going to get into the sort of financial trouble Bolton are in but if we are abiding by FFP we may be limited in what we can spend.

Always thought our biggest concern with FFP was wages as that is a constant outgoing compared to an out lay of a transfer could be spread over payments and clauses.
Selling Ilori, Bacuna, Meite + save on wages and getting a % of wages off our books with the loans out will seriously strengthen our position.

we've no idea how to close to fpp we were/are after selling these players, and we don't know what wages we are paying for the recent loanees. I've no doubt that if we can do something today we will try. But who the oxf*rd in their right mind will want to sign for us permanently considering our position that will improve on what we have?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 12:45

Coppells Lost Coat
Nameless
Elm Park Kid A lot of people on here are making the assumption that the amount of money available to the club to spend is dependent on internal things like transfer fees and salaries. Might it just be dependent on what the owners want to spend? They own the club and all it's assets, it doesn't matter really if we sell Bacuna for £3m, £30m or £300m if they have a set idea of what they want to invest*.

*I appreciate that financial fair play comes into it at some point. It seems pretty flexible though.

I think it’s been made clear that FFP is a big factor in our budgeting right now.
I have no idea how our finances stack up but I would think the recent sales will have had a significant positive effect.
You are right that the owners have extremely deep pockets (although how much of their wealth is liquid and how much is available to be spent outside China are big unknowns).
We’re not going to get into the sort of financial trouble Bolton are in but if we are abiding by FFP we may be limited in what we can spend.

Always thought our biggest concern with FFP was wages as that is a constant outgoing compared to an out lay of a transfer could be spread over payments and clauses.
Selling Ilori, Bacuna, Meite + save on wages and getting a % of wages off our books with the loans out will seriously strengthen our position.

You’d think it would be easier to budget for wages (fixed amount going out at regular intervals for a known period) than transfer clauses (no certainty of how much tobe paid or when, possibility of huge commitments hitting at the same time if players hit appearance milestones together etc)
But they are both important factors and you’d hope the club have a tight grip on what our commitments are !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 12:48

WoodleyRoyal
Coppells Lost Coat
Nameless

we've no idea how to close to fpp we were/are after selling these players, and we don't know what wages we are paying for the recent loanees. I've no doubt that if we can do something today we will try. But who the oxf*rd in their right mind will want to sign for us permanently considering our position that will improve on what we have?

Players will sign, Huddersfield signed a player earlier !

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 Jan 2019 12:49

Nameless
Coppells Lost Coat
Nameless

You’d think it would be easier to budget for wages (fixed amount going out at regular intervals for a known period) than transfer clauses (no certainty of how much tobe paid or when, possibility of huge commitments hitting at the same time if players hit appearance milestones together etc)
But they are both important factors and you’d hope the club have a tight grip on what our commitments are !

Absolutely, just saying that some of the reportedly higher earners off the books with a transfer fee would strengthen our position in the market if we were to replace them.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 12:52

Huge plus if Bacuna does go isthe increased parking space available in the car park.
He never actually parked his awful Matt green Range Rover (?) he just sort of abandoned it usually taking up 2 or 3 spaces....

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 31 Jan 2019 13:07

Nameless
Coppells Lost Coat
Nameless

But we can lose about 40m over three seasons right? And in 16/17 the club made a profit (though obvs. our income would have fallen considerable since then). And you can also take out academy spending from those figures.

I actually disagree with owners pumping in money into clubs and wish that FFP was stricter and more transparent. But we have to play the game we're in rather than the one we'd liked to be in.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2019 13:08

linkenholtroyal so far today players that could leave are....
Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone
This worries me a lot it is like a firesale

4 of those 6 I would consider our best players

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2019 13:14

Barrow staying according to local journos on that there Twitter.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 13:14

Elm Park Kid
Nameless
Coppells Lost Coat

But we can lose about 40m over three seasons right? And in 16/17 the club made a profit (though obvs. our income would have fallen considerable since then). And you can also take out academy spending from those figures.

I actually disagree with owners pumping in money into clubs and wish that FFP was stricter and more transparent. But we have to play the game we're in rather than the one we'd liked to be in.

I actually think FFP is unfair and skews things in favour of big clubs. If a rich owner wants to invest money in the club they own to make it successful then why not ? You need rules in place to ensure the money is actually there and not left as unmanageable debt but it’s crazy in my mind if an owner has 50 million in cash they want to spend but it’s not permitted.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 13:26

Stranded Barrow staying according to local journos on that there Twitter.

Well thats Barrow gone then everyone. Thoughts?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 13:31

Old Man Andrews

You’re flogging a dead horse with that joke?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 13:32

Old Man Andrews

if it were me? I'd wheel barrow out, he's not produced the goods for too long now

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Jan 2019 13:32

Disappointed so far that 3 of our regulars will be going and yet those deemed surplus to requirements are still here.
Why couldn't Gunter go with Bacuna to Cardiff?
Come on Warnock, you know it makes sense to bring the local hero back home and he could have another relegation on his CV.

It has a feeling of the famous Burns deadline day so expect quite a bit more business to be done.
Last edited by Victor Meldrew on 31 Jan 2019 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Jan 2019 13:33

paultheroyal
linkenholtroyal so far today players that could leave are....
Liam Kelly Loan/Perm
Leandro Bacuna
Marc Mcnulty
Barrow
Meite
Meyler
Mannone
Llori already gone
This worries me a lot it is like a firesale

4 of those 6 I would consider our best players

Was going to post a wordy rant, but your gifs have done it for me. Top nobbing.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 13:33

Hound
Old Man Andrews

You’re flogging a dead horse with that joke?

No, no I'm not. First time they have stated that Barrow won't be leaving today.

JR

by JR » 31 Jan 2019 13:50

Coppells Lost Coat Am I the only one excited that we are finally involved in a proper TDD merry go round.
No love lost over the outs and a proper clear out happening for good or worse i am fully invested into to it.

This - it seems like Gomes (or Howe) are being very decisive, which is exactly what is needed.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Jan 2019 13:56

genome £3m?! Is Nicky Hammond back? That's a right mugging

Out you come, Nicky, we know you're back :P

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 14:11

Apparently Baldock out for 2 more months...rubbish news, his fitness here has been abysmal

Blackett will stay according to JG

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 31 Jan 2019 14:19

Hound Apparently Baldock out for 2 more months...rubbish news, his fitness here has been abysmal

Blackett will stay according to JG

He also said Barrow could go

353 posts