353 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: January Outs

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 18:57

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip
Erratic but decent on his better days. More concerned about losing Meite. Bod is constantly injury prone. That leaves us reliant on Oliveira staying fit otherwise we don’t have a big man up top. We also still have Mannone, Walker, McNulty. McShane, O’Shea and bloody Meyler on the books.

Don't worry. Gomes thinks Loader can lead the line.

Meite is staying. I’m fine with that especially as Baldock as pretty much out for the season.
Zero indication that Mannone, Meyler, McNulty, McShane or O’Shea are on their way though.

Gomes isn't managing to get rid of all the players I'd prefer, and I'm not keen on all the players he's bringing in, but he's sure as heck fire got a handle on the issue of trimming the squad and sometimes you just gotta do the business you can do.

I'd rather we shifted Moore than Ilori (I know I'm in the minority) and certainly McShane and O'Shea ahead of him. But, if he's the only one anyone is willing to pay for...
I'm delighted we've mugged Cardiff for Bacuna and hope Kelly will now stay, or I fear a midfield of Rinomhota and Swift with Baker or Loader... which I don't think has much guts to it, will be Gomes' go to. I damn well don't want to see Meyler ooze his way back in. I guess Ejaria can play more centrally too and there's maybe eventually Ezatolahi - but if we use him then one of Baker, Ejaria, Oliviera, Martinez and Miazga have to miss out on the squad, and lets face it that's one of the midfielders, which we're already looking a little short at if Kelly and Bacuna go.
I'd be disappointed to see Meite go, especially with Loader's lack of goals, and the two Bs fitness.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 19:02

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Don't worry. Gomes thinks Loader can lead the line.

Meite is staying. I’m fine with that especially as Baldock as pretty much out for the season.
Zero indication that Mannone, Meyler, McNulty, McShane or O’Shea are on their way though.

Gomes isn't managing to get rid of all the players I'd prefer, and I'm not keen on all the players he's bringing in, but he's sure as heck fire got a handle on the issue of trimming the squad and sometimes you just gotta do the business you can do.

I'd rather we shifted Moore than Ilori (I know I'm in the minority) and certainly McShane and O'Shea ahead of him. But, if he's the only one anyone is willing to pay for...
I'm delighted we've mugged Cardiff for Bacuna and hope Kelly will now stay, or I fear a midfield of Rinomhota and Swift with Baker or Loader... which I don't think has much guts to it, will be Gomes' go to. I damn well don't want to see Meyler ooze his way back in. I guess Ejaria can play more centrally too and there's maybe eventually Ezatolahi - but if we use him then one of Baker, Ejaria, Oliviera, Martinez and Miazga have to miss out on the squad, and lets face it that's one of the midfielders, which we're already looking a little short at if Kelly and Bacuna go.
I'd be disappointed to see Meite go, especially with Loader's lack of goals, and the two Bs fitness.

Kelly is staying too which I don’t have a problem with. I’d like to see Rinomhota/Baker/Aluko on Saturday. Fed up again with Swift. It says a heck of a lot that there does not appear to have been a sniff of interest in some players peripheral to the squad. As things stand our squad has barely been trimmed of senior players although Zip jnr has just told me Meyler has tweeted that he has found a club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 19:17

Meyler off to Coventry.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 19:20

Old Man Andrews Meyler off to Coventry.

Old news. Gomes sent him, Mannone and McNulty there a few weeks back

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 19:37

Jonathan Low’s been on the money and in the know today.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 19:46

Zip Jonathan Low’s been on the money and in the know today.

That’s surely the story of transfer deadline day. Has the lad got himself a source from somewhere? Good on him. Breaking the Bacuna story is prob his best moment as a Reading FC journo

Meyler to Cov on loan. Amazed if McNulty and Mannone don’t get themselves somewhere else. McNulty especially - he’s been ok just about, and scored 27 goals last year. Surely someone must be in for him?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 19:53

Hound

That’s surely the story of transfer deadline day. Has the lad got himself a source from somewhere? Good on him. Breaking the Bacuna story is prob his best moment as a Reading FC journo

Meyler to Cov on loan. Amazed if McNulty and Mannone don’t get themselves somewhere else. McNulty especially - he’s been ok just about, and scored 27 goals last year. Surely someone must be in for him?

I thought Mannone would have gone abroad. Very surprised about McNulty too. You would have thought a League one side would be interested.

As you say today is all about JoLo. OMA will be choking on his cocoa tonight.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 20:01

Zip
Hound

I thought Mannone would have gone abroad. Very surprised about McNulty too. You would have thought a League one side would be interested.

I've consistently said Jonathan Low had improved and reported the facts since the appointment of Gomes. It's the other nobs who are the issue. Not sure why you've launched that factually inaccurate attack on me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 20:11

Old Man Andrews
Zip
Hound

I've consistently said Jonathan Low had improved and reported the facts since the appointment of Gomes. It's the other nobs who are the issue. Not sure why you've launched that factually inaccurate attack on me.

That’s a bit touchy. How’s the cocoa? :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 20:14

Zip
Old Man Andrews
Zip

That’s a bit touchy. How’s the cocoa? :wink:

I've been very fair to Jonathan Low, I'd do the same if the Chronicle shits improved too. Sadly there's zero chance of that happening.

I don't like cocoa. It's coarse and it's rough and it gets everywhere.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jan 2019 20:22

Man. Our transfer business in the summer was truly, truly abysmal

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 20:25

Thoughts on Tom Crocker OMA? Seems ok

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 20:29

Hound Thoughts on Tom Crocker OMA? Seems ok

He's very much fact based, think he very much waits for the others to report something then recycles it. Inoffensive.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2019 20:49

Maneki Neko
NewCorkSeth
Royal Bison
Unbelievable, you'll be claiming next that a breakaway is better than a gold bar.

I wouldn't go that far. A Gold bar is in my top 10 chocolate bars.

no lunch box chocolate should be anywhere near a top ten of actual chocolate bars
get out

Don't be silly. Chocolate bars are all lunch box chocolate bars.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 31 Jan 2019 21:27

Can someone confirms whos gone? Has Meite?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2019 21:32

Jagermesiter1871 Can someone confirms whos gone? Has Meite?

Meite is staying
Kelly is staying
Bacuna has been sold
Meyler may be going to Coventry on loan
McNulty may be going to Hibs on loan

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 21:45

Huzzah
Huzzah
Huzzah
Huzzah
Meh.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2019 21:50

genome Man. Our transfer business in the summer was truly, truly abysmal

Seriously wonder who on Earth was responsible for any of the incoming transfers under Clement.

Meyler - :lol:
Baldock - always injured and yet to impress
Yiadom - ok I’ll go for that one
O’Shea - any ideas as to why?
Walker - see O’Shea
McNulty - why spend 1.5m on a player and then give him no chance whatsoever to prove himself or play a system that benefits his style.
Eza - looked capable but managed about 3 games before being injured for 3 months?
Sims - really no better that those already at the club so why bother

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2019 22:06

Meyler to cov official. Thank oxf*rd for that. Most useless pcunt ive ever seen and we’ve seen our fair share. Hope he breaks his thumbs so his fifa career is over and he’s forced to learn how to play actual football.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jan 2019 22:10

Smudger complains about the snow affecting his wifi. OMA explodes.

353 posts