SPECULATION - Danny Williams

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SPECULATION - Danny Williams

by Hound » 25 Mar 2019 09:10

I liked him but would be wary of taking him back unless fully fit. Wages not really relevant as he is out of contract now, and no Prem or probably upper champ club will take him ,and certainly not on 40k a week

If he wanted to come, and was happy to play on a reasonable wage, I wouldn't be sad to see him back, though not quite sure on where he'd fit in. Him and Rino could either be great together or just get in each others way

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Mar 2019 13:53

NewCorkSeth His contract is up this summer.. would you take him back?
Depends which league we're in & what alternatives are available.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Mar 2019 16:05

Danny Williams is one of the best players to have ever played for Reading; incredible industry, desire, aggression and determination. Anyone looking for faults clearly has ideas above our station.

The only thing stopping him coming here would be wages - he can go and grab a pick up an easy bumper contract in China or Turkey instead.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Mar 2019 16:29

Isn't it a bit sad that players in situations like William's would rather go out with a paycheck than a bang. I mean any player like William's must have earned a decent amount of cash by now and should really be looking to play competitive exciting football rather than slum it in some sub par league to earn a relative fortune.

I guess with him being American he could handily grab a contract in the states and still look for international games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2019 17:42

LWJ I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

A decent midfield of Swift, Williams and a defensive midfielder would be pretty solid.

I don't think that would be a decent midfield.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Danny Williams

by Zip » 25 Mar 2019 19:21

URZZZZ
Zip
Snowflake Royal Absence makes the heart grow fonder... see every player who hasn't played for a while will be our saviour.

I don’t see him as our saviour but I do feel he is better than we currently have.

Remember he was a regular in the team when we were languishing around 19th place as well, Williams and Rinomhota are too similar to be in the same midfield, and Rinomhota is a better player. Taking into account Williams is now injury prone, taking him back is probably daft, especially with the wages he's probably sitting on

He was also a regular in the side that finished 7th and 3rd too. It’s very early to say Rinomhota is the better player.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2019 19:45

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip
I don’t see him as our saviour but I do feel he is better than we currently have.

Remember he was a regular in the team when we were languishing around 19th place as well, Williams and Rinomhota are too similar to be in the same midfield, and Rinomhota is a better player. Taking into account Williams is now injury prone, taking him back is probably daft, especially with the wages he's probably sitting on

He was also a regular in the side that finished 7th and 3rd too. It’s very early to say Rinomhota is the better player.

Current Rinomhota is probably comfortably better for us than current Danny Williams though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Mar 2019 19:58

Snowflake Royal
Zip
URZZZZ

Current Rinomhota is probably comfortably better for us than current Danny Williams though.

Not in Rino’s last couple of appearances he wasn’t. There was a bit of a dip before the injury.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2019 20:34

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Not in Rino’s last couple of appearances he wasn’t. There was a bit of a dip before the injury.

If you're picking Rino's worst couple then fantasy Williams is abysmal in his hypothetical first couple of games back. So nyar.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Mar 2019 20:36

NewCorkSeth Isn't it a bit sad that players in situations like William's would rather go out with a paycheck than a bang. I mean any player like William's must have earned a decent amount of cash by now and should really be looking to play competitive exciting football rather than slum it in some sub par league to earn a relative fortune.

I guess with him being American he could handily grab a contract in the states and still look for international games.

Eh? None of us know what Williams plans are. He left us to have a crack at top flight football. He can’t be blamed for that. Where he goes from here nobody knows.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Mar 2019 20:59

Zip
NewCorkSeth Isn't it a bit sad that players in situations like William's would rather go out with a paycheck than a bang. I mean any player like William's must have earned a decent amount of cash by now and should really be looking to play competitive exciting football rather than slum it in some sub par league to earn a relative fortune.

Eh? None of us know what Williams plans are. He left us to have a crack at top flight football. He can’t be blamed for that. Where he goes from here nobody knows.

Eh? I'm clearly speaking in general. Not specifically for or about Williams.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 Mar 2019 01:25

NewCorkSeth Isn't it a bit sad that players in situations like William's would rather go out with a paycheck than a bang.

Go out with a bang? With who, us?

Rino in mid, not defined, in what system? Had a ‘discussion’ in here (it ended in name-calling shocker). Runs around with energy. Heard in here he’s now not a Def-Mid cos he doesn’t shield the Back-4 (makes sense, cos he wasn’t a def-mid in Academy).
Bit of a tweener, nice guy, takes photos with kids?
Instead, hearing in here he’s now a 'Box-to-Box' Midfielder (What, like Sids?)
Back in the day Lamps, Gerrard, Scholes were that. So, looking for goals, assists, etc, but rarely looks like doing so. Does he look the part? Has he a shot on him? (On a relative level, so no direct comparison, of course).
Yes, Academy grad, a kid, I’m harsh, wash your mouth out, etc.
I'm hopeful, looking to others to break down his game, and where he projects (enjoy him while we can, heard he’ll be in PL/CL).
Last edited by Denver Royal on 26 Mar 2019 13:18, edited 3 times in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Mar 2019 01:45

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Which was to naturally be expected, he'll pick it up after a couple of games. I'm not one for overhyping academy players in the slightest, but Rinomhota is a class above and is better than Danny "I play well on TV" Williams

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Mar 2019 01:50

Denver Royal
NewCorkSeth Isn't it a bit sad that players in situations like William's would rather go out with a paycheck than a bang.

Go out with a bang? With who, us?

Rino in mid, not defined, what system? Had ‘discussion’ in here (ended in name calling shocker). Runs around with energy. Heard in here he’s now not a def-mid cos doesn’t shield back-4 (makes sense, cos he is wasn’t a def-mid in Academy).
Bit of a tweener, nice guy, takes photos with kids?
Instead, hearing in here he’s now a Box-to-Box Midfielder (What, like Sids?)
Back in the day Lamps, Gerrard, Scholes were that. So, looking for goals, assists, etc. Does he look the part and have a shot on him? On a relative level, of course.
Yes, Academy grad, a kid, I’m harsh, wash your mouth out, etc.
Hopeful, looking to others to break down his game, where he projects in Champ (.yes, enjoy him while we can, heard he’ll be in PL/CL).

He is a difficult one to classify. I would have said box to box midfielder but you make a valid point that he hasn't scored or really even had a shot yet which has me gazumped again. He doesn't sit back enough to be a holding midfielder, take Leigertwood, Joey etc, naturally holding players. Rino plays nothing like them

I suppose he's just there. Just a natural central midfielder, doesn't really excel at one role but is comfortable at doing many, bringing the ball forward, good engine, covers his runners well etc. He can probably add to his game but he's only been in team for under 3 months

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 Mar 2019 02:07

I hear ya, I’m not much in to classifications. Nor are our opponents on Sat's, either.
In Champ, bottom line, they don't care. He's a kid with energy who runs around.
It’s like Bod (when he’s there), who’s up against 2 big (Northern scum) brutes every week. Yeah, and?
Saw that Rino is actually POTS? Not sure his game has been broken down?
Anyway, early doors, hopeful. Box to Box midfielder, will follow him from there :wink:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Mar 2019 08:53

URZZZZ Which was to naturally be expected, he'll pick it up after a couple of games. I'm not one for overhyping academy players in the slightest, but Rinomhota is a class above and is better than Danny "I play well on TV" Williams

On the basis of 18 games? You really have no idea about anything to do with football do you.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Mar 2019 08:59

I like Rinomhota too and think he could be a real star over the next couple of seasons.

However, as JS said, it's ridiculous to say he's better than someone like Danny Williams on the basis of 18 games.

The name Tshibola comes to mind a little bit. Although I doubt Rinomhota will have his head turned the way Tshibola did.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Mar 2019 09:51

John Smith
URZZZZ Which was to naturally be expected, he'll pick it up after a couple of games. I'm not one for overhyping academy players in the slightest, but Rinomhota is a class above and is better than Danny "I play well on TV" Williams

On the basis of 18 games? You really have no idea about anything to do with football do you.

So 18 games isn't enough time to judge Rinomhota but 4 starts is enough for you to call McNulty useless. OK then, that makes sense

Williams was decent enough but was miles too inconsistent. He'd be an 8 out of 10 one week then a 4 the next week. Rino is a comfortable 6/7 the majority of weeks and is consistent

As for comparing Tshibola and Rinomhota, Tshibola started six league games in his whole time here. Rinomhota has already comfortable overtaken him. Yeah, there's a chance he may be turned by money and fall off, but that can apply to any developing youngster

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Mar 2019 11:00

URZZZZ So 18 games isn't enough time to judge Rinomhota but 4 starts is enough for you to call McNulty useless. OK then, that makes sense

So you're disagreeing with the manager then? The guy who also decided he wasn't good enough for us so shipped him out? McNulty is 26 and has never played at a level this high. Rinomhota is a very exciting prospect and looks like he will be a success but he's done nothing yet - that's all I'm saying.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 26 Mar 2019 11:13

John Smith Danny Williams is one of the best players to have ever played for Reading; incredible industry, desire, aggression and determination. Anyone looking for faults clearly has ideas above our station.

The only thing stopping him coming here would be wages - he can go and grab a pick up an easy bumper contract in China or Turkey instead.

"one of" is pretty vague
how many are in your list of best players, total?