Rumour - Danny Loader

168 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Danny Loader

by SCIAG » 27 May 2019 15:04

For what it's worth Vic I completely understood your point. You were saying that Loader can't be compared to Owen in terms of stature and potential rather than saying that they're carbon copies of each other. For what it's worth I think the nitpicking was unnecessary and they're close enough stylistically for the comparison to make sense - it's not like you compared him to Rio Ferdinand.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Jun 2019 20:02

Victor Meldrew Some club may pay the £10 million that has been mooted-I remain of the opinion that anything above £1 million with plenty of add-ons represents a good deal for the club when we are in the parlous financial position that we are-

So, the club that spunked £7m on Aluko should waste at least as much again, in order to fill a fraction of the black hole created in the first place.

You are Ron Gourlay and I claim my £5 :|

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 16 Jun 2019 21:19

Woodcote Royal
Victor Meldrew Some club may pay the £10 million that has been mooted-I remain of the opinion that anything above £1 million with plenty of add-ons represents a good deal for the club when we are in the parlous financial position that we are-

So, the club that spunked £7m on Aluko should waste at least as much again, in order to fill a fraction of the black hole created in the first place.

Don't think £1m would make much difference to our finances at the moment. If that was all we would get we should definitely keep him

earleypr

by earleypr » 17 Jun 2019 09:53

I hate to see players leaving so early in their career, especially before they've really had a chance to make a big impact. If the club can't spend any money then it needs to hang on to the young talent. He could be worth a lot more if he scores a few goals next season. It's frustrating though as I'm sure he'll leave (probably on deadline day) - he'll be a relatively inexpensive gamble for Premier League clubs.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Jun 2019 10:18

Woodcote Royal

Don't understand your point.
I was on about what we might get if Loader was sold, not what the club would now spend on new players.
BTW I was one who at the time said Aluko was a waste of money and said the same about O'Shea.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jun 2019 14:24

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jun 2019 14:30

Why would Cardiff even bother? What 19 year old of growing reputation would make such a sideways move?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jun 2019 14:55

at least plenty of clubs being interested should push the price up

168 posts